My 2nd LED Indoor Grow - White Widow x Big Bud & Assorted Supporting Cast

Sure, I'm just in the process of partially draining the reservoir I changed yesterday and diluting it down to an acceptable level and then monitoring closely. I'll drain the other one tomorrow and refill it with a weak solution and monitor that one as well.

I hear ya brother. I have been deliberately running it lower as well and have only moved up to full strength (-30%) with the last res change, but without a TDS meter I've been running blind.

Ok, did a complete res change instead and will do the other tomorrow (I want to allow the tap water to sit before using). I finished up with 1090 ppm (a little higher than I wanted) and a PH of 5.4 (a little lower than I wanted, but close enough). I use the pump from the top feed to drain the res and have added a longer outflow line to it so I can now drain to a container outside the tent and I have to say that the res change was way easier than before and a tiresome burden has now been lifted.

Today is the day I planned to switch to 12/12, but I'm going to leave it at 13/11 for another day or so. None of them have officially gone into flower yet, but they are doing a great job of imitating it, especially the auto. From a distance it really looks like the auto is flowering, but upon closer inspection, what appear to be pistils are in fact masses of stipules.

Both main reservoirs have now been changed with ppms at an acceptable level at a little over 1000.

As there is now more space, I've just gone around and super cropped half a dozen of the taller branches and these should start to recover quickly as they are now about to go to sleep, when plants, like we humans, heal and repair themselves.

The top of the auto, which I accidentally snapped off and tried to clone, didn't take and is now history. I took two cuttings from each of the WWXBBs and only 1 from #1, the least vigorous plant has survived albeit looking a wee bit sad. The two from the auto-topped, which along with #1 also showed most effect from nutrient issues are doing ok, but the two from #3, which showed little to no effect from nutrient issues, are absolutely thriving. I took two cuttings from the most vigorous mystery indica clone two days ago and they are both doing very well. Rather than leave them to go straight to flower as I did before, I am taking them out of the tent at lights out and leaving them in natural light allowing them 24 hrs light.

As per usual, I will update with pics on Saturday.

Come on in boy, have a cigar, we're gonna go far. We're gonna fly ...

As you can see, this grow is constantly evolving and I can say I'm definitely happier the scrog has now gone.

To be honest, I wish I had read the specs of this LED a little more thoroughly before I bought it. The promo said it was suitable for a 4 X 4 and that was as far as I read, but later discovered the core coverage at 18" is only 3 X 2.5. This was ok in my first grow as the scrog was only 2.7' X 2.7'. But now with the scrog gone I'm hoping to use more of the available space.

This leaves me 3 options: install a light tracker or manually move the lights, add another light or just cross my fingers and hope for the best. So far I have been moving the light manually and still haven't yet decided whether to get the viparspectra 450 or not. Unlike you, temps are not an issue for me. Time will tell what I do, but I am a spur of the moment kinda guy and may just say fuck it one day and get the additional light.

Re: My 2nd LED Indoor Grow - White Widow x Big Bud & Assorted Supporting Cast

Welcome to the delima I've been enduring for the past few weeks I'm in a 2.7' x 2.7' tent. You would think this would be fine for the 450w I have, unfortunately my tent is only 63" tall. Therefore, once my plants are full grown, I'll no longer be able to achieve the proper coverage to cover all 4 plants.
Fuck me for not working out the math before filling up my Amazon cart.

1st Ever Grow - 450w LED - Blueberry Kush Auto & Dark Devil Auto

Hey TRA3GO,
I'm not sure what the height has to do with your coverage, except you may not get the penetration. Are you expecting 6 ft plants?
I've just looked at the specs for the viparspectra 450 and it boasts a core coverage of 2.5 X 2.5 at 24" from the canopy.

Ha ha ha ha
You are growing autos, not triffids.

Topped and LSTed, I wouldn't expect them to reach any taller than 3 ft. (91.44 cm) tops. So with your 12" pots and 18" minimum light hanging height you might be pushing it, but, then again, you can always supercrop any branches that get too high. All that being said, your lights should still give you the coverage you need.

Have you ever had one of those days?

When the girls woke up last night I must admit that I was very tired, but, like the demanding children they are, they required tending. It was time for a change of res for the auto so I promptly tended to that. I then happened to notice some mould! Fortunately, around the bottom of the tent walls, not on the plants. With the low night time temps recently, coupled with the warmer temp in the tent with the bloom lights switched on, moisture had been condensing on the tent walls, especially at the base, and I have to admit that I have not been as diligent in drying it off as I should have been and this was the result. No major drama, so I set to wiping the walls with a cloth and some bleach. However, there followed a minor accident. I had the fan sitting on a stool in the corner with the back propped up to force the airflow downwards. One slight nudge was all it took to send it crashing onto the girls. I might add that it doesn't have a blade guard on and it dived down face first. Fortunately, it did no more than bruise their egos.

So, with the res changed and the mould cleaned I settled down to relax. Sometime later, I decided to faff about, tucking leaves etc when I noticed the top feed line was on the tent floor and merrily pumping the nutes into a pool. The new, extra long line to help with res changes for the DWCs had acted like a snake and coiled its way from the top of the pot. More work! So, I set to mopping up the mess and gave the fan another nudge. This time, it was more ferocious and chewed off the the top of a couple of branches of one of the WWXBBs. I managed to save one and pop it in with the other clones whilst I thought I might be able to wrap the other top that had not been completely severed, but, alas, it didn't survive.

The stool is no longer in the tent, which is a bit of a relief as it has given me some added space and the fan is now secured from the tent ceiling where it can no longer do any damage. Sometimes, I wish I could just start the day all over again, but order has been restored in Greengo's grow tent.

We sure do, PW. It's how we react to them that defines us as people. It's just such a pity that so many people had to needlessly lose their lives in my neighbourhood last night. :)

Back
Top Bottom