My First Grow Ever: Hydro With LED, Candy Cane

Day 12
roots are looking nice!
roooooo1.JPG
roooooo.JPG
rooooooooo2.JPG

The system itself holds 6 L of water so that's about a gallon and a half and I use that much water from distilled water jugs and then I added in the recommended amount of nutrients that came in the booklet from General hydroponics. I'm curious when I add nutrients once a week am I supposed to empty all of the water out of the system and add new water? The gentleman who created the device I am using said you could use the same water from start to finish but I'm not sure what is the best thing for me to do. Also, where do I get a decent but cheap pH tester that is digital?

I raise the light a few inches last night so I guess I will see if maybe that were the case or plays any part in it

You can get a ph tester on amazon if you want or I think Walmart sells them in their pool or pet supplies section. Also, go ahead and get a PPM Meter as well so you can keep track of PPM (Parts per million) a.k.a EC (electrical conductivity). They are also around 10-15 bucks but these 2 items are pretty crucial to a successful grow. Using these tools along with the chart below you can easily know what your ladies are doing, drinking, eating, etc...

PH-EC_Chart111.jpg

If I were you I would change out the water when adding new nutes, if possible. That way you know you have a good, fresh mix for them. Once they get bigger they will start drinking a ton of water. I add about 2.5 gallons of water to my DWC system every few days.

Day 12
roots are looking nice!
roooooo1.JPG
roooooo.JPG
rooooooooo2.JPG

Yeah man roots are looking good! She looks healthy! So far, so good I would say.

Here's day 16.

I have a question for you all who are reading this...
I want to keep this plant as small as possible and have seen tons of things like SCROG and LST etc,
but I don't know what is best for me with my limited space. I am going to grow the plant in this device I have it in all the way to the end of our journey. What are some tips or tricks YOU'VE personally done or seen done?

in case you forgot or didn't know, I am using feminized auto-flower seeds.

Here are some photos of my LST on my plant, The Freak.

IMG_0348_1_4.JPG

IMG_0354_1_3.JPG

IMG_0355_1_5.JPG

IMG_0378_1_4.JPG

IMG_0380_1_2.JPG

IMG_0381_1_1.JPG

IMG_0382_1_2.JPG

IMG_0383_1_3.JPG

IMG_0399_1_4.JPG

IMG_0400_1_5.JPG

IMG_0452_1_2.JPG

And this is how she ended up looking...

20170619_192715.jpg

I just used 100 Feet Garden Wire Heavy Duty Green Coated Plant Twist Tie Garden Training Wire to tie it down. As long as you bend your plant so the growth tips are getting direct light it should promote them to grow tall into colas. I have noticed that the growth tips off the main plant turn into really big colas while the growth tips that grow off branches end up smaller. I used this as a bit of a guide when learning about training Cannabis Training Techniques - LST, Topping & More | Grow Weed Easy

Hope this helps!

Here are some pics from this morning. I have two pictures I also found online that shows how I want my plants to grow. I will post those two pictures in a different post below this one. Maybe you guys could tell me what I need to do to achieve what the plants look like in the pictures.

Much love yall
babyboy1.JPG
babyboy3.JPG
babyboy2.JPG

and here are the two pictures I can show you all for what I would like to achieve. I personally want to grow this way because I like the size, and it would be better for keeping private in my home. I'm only growing for my own personal use to help with my tourette's, so the yield looks fine for my consumption.
If you know what this is called, and how to grow like this, please please please, give me some notes.
babyboy5.PNG
babyboy4.PNG

Side note, what would you guess the yields were on both of these plants?
I'm just curious.

Hey man nice looking plant. Looks very healthy. To get your plant to look like the pics is LST. I'm currently doing that to my plants outside. My indoor grow of 2x2 I made a scrog instead. Check it out. I'm gunned it to see how your grow goes! Happy growing

Hey all. Today is week 4. Emptied and rinsed out unit and added new distilled water and fresh nutrients.
I've also uploaded pics of an air purifier I purchased from Target. I figured this could help with the odor when flowering begins. What do you all think? There are different types of filters for it and they have one that is 10x odor control with carbon. I think that filter is like 29.99
I hear a lot of people using carbon filtering systems but I thought maybe this would do the same thing? It also has a built in ionizer whatever that means. Some button that can be pressed in to activate.
Oh, and I found one of those sun protector's for your cars front windshield and decided to wrap it around the unit ha. Maybe it'll help a little since its mylar.
anew4.PNG
anew3.PNG
anew.JPG
anew2.JPG

The mylar looks good! Good idea to get the sun protector, that'll probably work well! I have no experience with air purifiers as far as controlling scent goes. I have a fan and carbon filter sitting in the room with my grow and it has helped a lot. I could still smell it in the house but it kept the smell from creeping all the way outside and all around the house. The little lady is looking good! You will have to let us know how the scent is once she starts flowering. Good luck and Happy growing friend!

I'm not sure if it is normal or not, but if I put my nose to the leaves I can already smell it coming in. Kinda makes me nervous as it hasn't really even started flowering yet lol I guess we will see!

But yeah, I got the mylar windshield blocker at walgreen's for $5.99
Def a nice cheap investment.

I see white fuzzy buddies comin on out! Am I starting flowering now?
Should I cut any of the leaves off?
What would you guys do if this were your plant right now?
Here are some pics I just took.
Week 4
mag21.JPG
mag11.JPG
mag31.JPG
mag41.JPG
mag51.JPG

Yes sir she is showing her lady parts and looking pretty healthy! The only thing I would do if I were you is bend her over as close to 90 degrees as I could so you can get more light to her inner parts. That type of process is called "Low Stress Training"and is supposed to increase yield from a single plant in a small space. Other than that I would probably just let her grow the way she is. She seems to like her environment and it looks like you are getting the nute doses correct. Some other folks may have some ideas but I'm not sure what else you can do right now but just let her gro, let her gro, let her gro :cheesygrinsmiley::smokin:

I would love to use a carbon filter but it looks like some crazy DIY experiment that I'd most likely screw up. If you have inexpensive, idiot-proof blueprints, send them my way! haha! I'm hoping this tower does the job. It says that the "odor control" filter has carbon. Is that going to do the same sor tof job as if I were to use a carbon filter like everyone else does? It seems to have the air intake at the front grill which has the filter and then the air gets blown out the back of the device.
anew.JPG
anew2.JPG

Yes sir she is showing her lady parts and looking pretty healthy! The only thing I would do if I were you is bend her over as close to 90 degrees as I could so you can get more light to her inner parts. That type of process is called "Low Stress Training"and is supposed to increase yield from a single plant in a small space. Other than that I would probably just let her grow the way she is. She seems to like her environment and it looks like you are getting the nute doses correct. Some other folks may have some ideas but I'm not sure what else you can do right now but just let her gro, let her gro, let her gro :cheesygrinsmiley::smokin:
About where do I bend the plant? Is there a wrong way and right way to bend it? I've come this far andn don't wanna kill my baby. :laugh:Any chance you could describe to me how to do this by using the 2nd pic in my last post that shows the entire plant vertically?

About where do I bend the plant? Is there a wrong way and right way to bend it? I've come this far andn don't wanna kill my baby. :laugh:Any chance you could describe to me how to do this by using the 2nd pic in my last post that shows the entire plant vertically?

LiveAndLetGro is right with the lst, it help a lot for the grow. Here's an exemple of mine.

Before:

IMG_20170509_192004.jpg

After lst:

IMG_20170511_190447.jpg

Next day:

IMG_20170513_111709.jpg

I would love to use a carbon filter but it looks like some crazy DIY experiment that I'd most likely screw up. If you have inexpensive, idiot-proof blueprints, send them my way! haha! I'm hoping this tower does the job. It says that the "odor control" filter has carbon. Is that going to do the same sor tof job as if I were to use a carbon filter like everyone else does? It seems to have the air intake at the front grill which has the filter and then the air gets blown out the back of the device.

I don't know about your tower, but here's what you need for a good odor control:

Carbon filter
Inline Fan
Duct

$_12.jpg

You can find easily on eBay or Amazon.
You put the filter inside the room and the fan outside, that's it! :)

Back
Top Bottom