My First Sour Diesel from Seed - Hydro Grow Experiment

Well i thought id drop lights down to 10.5 and wait for a week as there are more MMJ that are behind the oldest one so i'll wait a week and drop slowly down to 9.5 and as for nutrients i had to do a complete change clean reservoir as i was getting a slight burns and in all fairness i was being lazy about it lol(as 10/14days is extreme and i were'nt thinking once i went ahead with Atami Wilma stressful), But all fresh clean Nutes and im at EC 2.0-1.9 as this time around iv'e left out Formulex and stuck with the Dutch Pro A+B & Dutch Pro Explode(was going to buy the Multi Total) But as i was given a sample ov Plant Magic Bloom Boost and as i was already using Bloom Boost i decided to save on the cash flow as ov my Temp prob.So over the next few days i'll raise the EC level up higher but which do you recomend i add (as the Explode is the first time so i used it half strengh ov which the D.P A&B was @EC 1.5/1.6) so the normal amount of Plant Magic Bloom Boost was used(as there used to it now)and only half Explode which raised :morenutes: it to 1.9/2.0. So now once i raise the EC with :morenutes: Explode and and my guess is maybe 5L water used do/have i mgot to add more water back up to 30liters and try to keep it @that level or just add it and let the plant eat what they can(as i mean at the end ov 10/14 days when one must clean reservoir out should there res be full or what the plants have eaten) As i waited for a lil over 3 weeks letting plants :morenutes: eat what they can and kept a check on things each day and it were'nt untill i seen a lil burnt on edges thatg i decided to go ahead and change the res. Any info on this would be Fab.
Flushing would i be better to purchase a finnisher (as money is not really an issue, my final smoke is, but the misses keeps saying this will be the most expensive weed ever PMSFL) or would i be better to check either the EC/PPM of my local water and go from there would obviuosly be the best solution but do these finishing products add anything like taste/flavour to the buds in some sort of way? or do they still recomend you to finish up with plain water and basically waste your money as i'm not to sure and sorry if i'm goig about this the wrong way.And when or what week do one start dropping nutes down to half strengh ready in time for which week of the beggining of the flush and obviously one has to take into account the colours of there pistols/hairs(and which/where do they start to change colour first? i mean do they change @the ends (nearest the light)or @the start of the hair/pistols? or have i got my lamo to close(paranoia setting in, as they been fine pmsl) But none of the others are like it so obviously it's the start of the transformation but the whitish hairs inside are not changed. Thanx on all this info you have given so far on this subject amazing it all is :adore: :goodjob: :thanks: :high-five:

Mark30g: okay... first off. Worry less about EC/PPM and more about pH. It doesn't matter how strong or weak your solution is, if it's not at the proper pH, it's not absorbed.

Second, I find that a good PPM meter is a little more accurate and easy to understand than EC for telling me how much food is left in the water. Also, DO NOT add water toward the end of each feeding cycle of your res. You dilute your nutes and lower the availability of nutrients for your plants and in an inert substrate such as Hydrotone (expanded clay) there is no other food source available. If you find your solution level getting too low, individually mix a gallon at a time, adjust for pH, and add THAT to your res.

Third, Wash, Clean, Sanitize your area and res about every 11 to 14 days. Flush your media when changing the res to prevent salt buildup. For a res lower than 5Gal (20L) Check your pH every day. Check PPM every 2 to 3 days. Inspect your plants every other day. Use preventatives for disease, and pests at all times. You're far less likely to spend more on preventatives, than on a fix especially if your plant dies because it got too bad.

If you find your pH climbs/falls or is erratic between cleanings, check your res for foreign contaminants. If your pH goes down sharply, check your PPM to see if plants are sucking water, this will make your PPM/TDS spike as they are only "drinking" and not "eating" (Solved most times by equalizing the humidity or heat). This is also the only time you should dilute your nutes in the res between cycles because you'll burn your plants otherwise. If they are taking too much nutes, your pH will go up sharply and the PPM/TDS will fall off. Check for disease, or pests and if found, treat as early as possible. If disease gets bad, go down to a milder nutrient solution for 2 - 4 weeks until plants recover.

Next, for the flush, it's really your choice. If your Tap Water PPM is lower than about 40PPM or 0.05714285714285714 EC (see why it's easier for me?) then you can flush with just tap. If it's higher than about 110PPM or 0.15714285714285714 EC, then I suggest you go buy filtered bottled water. Either way, if you add a finisher, the choice is yours. Try without it once, then once with, to find your preference. As for the flavor, there is a debate on whether they can/do add flavors to your buds. When you start to flush is when you are looking at the THRICHS not the hairs/pistils, and you see that a small amount of them have gone cloudy. This lets you know that your plant is finishing its life. You have about 2 to 3 weeks before the chop, start the flush. Either completely clean water or water with a finisher should be used when you see about 10% cloudy and ZERO......NO NUTES at all. they will be stored in the buds and will taint the flavor with the taste of multi-vitamins, or other worse flavors..... like actual SHIT FLAVOR and smell. Believe me, my first run ever, I kept up the fish emulsion till the very end, and had to throw away 18.5LBS of shit-smelling/tasting bud when it was cured. Had a mota bonfire in the back yard. The neighbors asked me why I was burning cow shit . . . . . . . . . From that day on, I swore to never taint it with nutes and have to throw away bud.

ATAMI Wilson, hehehe, That is the reason I stay away from those -for ease of cleaning. I find that "Ebb & Flow" is the easiest to clean during a run with a "Drip" at a close second. This is simply because the res is a separate container from your drip tray. Also, the fact that they remain completely covered throughout a feeding cycle reduces the likelihood of foreign contaminants in the res. Check out my $40 DIY Ebb & Flow in my blog. The pump was the most expensive single item at 13 bucks.

Now, as for the products you mentioned as additives. I don't have experience with today's bloom boosters, I just usually stick with the basics and have never had any complaints. Besides, now that I'm in a much smaller space instead of the empty 3car garage I had before all these bloom boosters and fake nutes, (it was all about Miracle Grow for tomatoes, poop soup, fish emulsion, and superthrive) boosters are not a good idea for my space. Small, tight buds are more my style. I tend to stick to topping for lots of heads, and supercropping for strong stalks and full buds.

I hope this helps you come to a decision. It is kind of hard for me to follow your posts and I'm not sure that I got all of what you were trying to ask.

Oh, and let the missus know that the start-up is always the most expensive, your return will be better next run.

So as expected, I over did it with the (P) and now have a (Ca) deficiency. Using AN's Jungle Juice. Not really versed in the fake nute arena, anyone suggest a good remedy for this? Just Cal-Mag? At what rate? Take a look at the pics to confirm.

EDIT: Nevermind... Just checked pH after recalibrating pH meter. 4.8.

012312072451.jpg
012312072410.jpg
012312072325.jpg

Yea nice save on calibrating your meter. Got a good and informative journal here. I see your name alot, you must have more than 1 journal if my memorys right. Im actually going to calibrate my ph meter right now glad i saw that problem to remind me it can happen to me. Good job and good luck.

Yea nice save on calibrating your meter. Got a good and informative journal here. I see your name alot, you must have more than 1 journal if my memorys right. Im actually going to calibrate my ph meter right now glad i saw that problem to remind me it can happen to me. Good job and good luck.

Yeah, after I recalibrated, I had to slap my forehead as "DUH" I usually recalibrate every week, but for some reason, I failed to do so for the last 2 weeks.

Re: My First Sour Diesel from Seed - EPIC FAIL

EPIC FAIL!

It seems, somehow, that this is a male. This, I can only guess was caused by a mixup of strains in the sexing process. These are of the sour diesel. Somehow, I culled the wrong fucking mother (Thing 1) and kept this one because the name plates got moved during rooting. Don't ask me how because I don't know. Pissed? Oh, yeah I am. Gonna keep all cloning in the future away from the munchkin's reach? Damn strait! In my first clones that I took simply for sexing purposes, there were 2 females and a male. The 2 females were LABELED Thing2 and Sour Diesel. The male was labeled Thing1. Thing1 and the clone taken for sexing were both culled. Now this morning during my daily inspection I find THIS.

What a disaster. So another spot opens up in the Maternity Ward

I might let them go for another week to be absolutely sure, but look at this, you tell me what you think.

012612075652.jpg
012612075628.jpg

Back
Top Bottom