My First Sour Diesel from Seed - Hydro Grow Experiment

I just had a thought. . . . LST! I could go with the plants natural tendency to lay over and let it produce new from below. Think it'll work? Need some feedback here, please!

i'd DEFINITLY give that a try, it wont hurt, just as long as you dont snap the stem like i did on one of mine, and it'll def give light to the undergrowth once it develops.

i'd DEFINITLY give that a try, it wont hurt, just as long as you dont snap the stem like i did on one of mine, and it'll def give light to the undergrowth once it develops.

Yeah, just went out to get another2 T5 HO fixture, did some arranging for height, and now the taller twin stands next to the purple. And the Sour Diesel stands in front under a 65w bulb almost right on the leaves if it were to stand up... Heh-heh, think this is enough light for them all?
:cheer:That area is COOKIN' WITH PHOTONS! :cheer:
102211172522.jpg

Maybe it'll stop and spread so I can start LSTing it. Damn thing has 5 nodes, now and I've just now started to see lateral growth. There are teeny-tiny little .5mm spikes showing at the junction of the first fan leaf stem (second pair above embryonic leaves)
102211173444.jpg

102211173508.jpg

I finally had enough of stepping on eggshells every time I went to move the little ones around with that semi-rigid plastic threatening to slice right through the delicate stems. So, I got hydrotone. LO AND BEHOLD THE PLANT STANDS!! It's a miracle I tell ya! It actually stood up straight and turned its head to the light. I'm thinking that the little ammount of water left under the block was too much for the little sourpuss to stand, and so was throwing a fit, until I gave it what it wanted. Like a sucker, I gave in(HEH) and now I have a happy little Sour Diesel.

102411142804.jpg

Nice recovery! :welldone:

hehe, Thanks Mr. Krip! Nice to hear from you again! Words of encouragement from one one such as yourself is like receiving a look and a nod form a guy up on stage at a concert. Take that how you will, but I appreciate all the help I can get here. Been a long time, and I'm finding that it's taking longer than I thought to get back into the swang o' thangs. Prolly 'cause I'm not using DIRT now, but, meh. . . . . . . . :thanks:

Nothing really new to report, taller stronger standing up straight. Overall I'm underwhelmed with this plant's progress and vigor at this point. For breeding purposes, I would have already excluded it from the running simply because of lack of vigor.

New pic shows average to less-than-average growth. There is nothing, environmentally different from the other three plants in this bin, it just seems to have stretched some and will never recover. If it is female, I will simply flower it, will not take any clones of this plant as it stands now. May change my mind later, but for now, I'm not impressed.

Also, for being a Sativa Dominant, this plant is seeming to show the characteristics of an indica in the fans. Big broad leaves, 5 to a fan, and long stems holding it out. maybe they bred with the stature of an indica to keep it compact. but made sure that the chemical properties of sativa stayed.

Anyone have any input on this one?

102811164739.jpg

P.S. Don't tell The Sourpuss.

Nice lookin setup. Sour diesels lookin good. Cant wait to see the final product in this one.

Thank you, 253! It didn't start out that way. It was a lazy bum for a few weeks. but. . . this breeder I know- only has numbers for a name <haha> said I should get ready for hydroton. I mean I already was, but when he said it, I went out that weekend and got 25L instead of putting off like I was gonna do. Anyway when I put them in the stuff, I was able to sorta arrange three around the base and VOILA! Instantly Sourpuss was standing at attention. Sourpuss, that's its name... spoiled brat. hahah

but then again, I do kinda spoil them.

by the way. LERVE YER AVATAR!!

It makes you feel good when you fix your plants and heal them up.. its such a relief. Glad it got its strength back. Ive had small scares but when i open my clset up in the mornings and see their better than the night before it just brings your confidence up. Ima be watchin to see how yours come along bud

i love lst, i was thinking back a bit, and i had some laying over like yours was, and i decided to just go with it and see what they would do, it was bagseed and i was not worried to much about losing them, and they just grew like that for a bit then stood up mostly straight on their own, interesting thing is they were easy to lst on the ones i did that way and just had a natural curve going around the pots! and to think once upon a time i would pull those lol it looks good in here:goodjob:

i love lst, i was thinking back a bit, and i had some laying over like yours was, and i decided to just go with it and see what they would do, it was bagseed and i was not worried to much about losing them, and they just grew like that for a bit then stood up mostly straight on their own, interesting thing is they were easy to lst on the ones i did that way and just had a natural curve going around the pots! and to think once upon a time i would pull those lol it looks good in here:goodjob:

Thank you for the encouragement! Actually this too was a Sour-D bag-seed, so hopes are high and the wait is excruciating to see pre-flowers. It seems my wait is almost over though. LST is just something I did in soil, but as for hydro, I hadn't figured out exactly how to do it in Hydroton. I was missing the obvious, NATURAL anchor point in the edge of the bin. If this turns out to be female, I will top it and continue the LST on around to complete the base, but.... if it's male.... well we all know that guys always get tossed to the wayside. So shall it be with this one. Positive thoughts on this would be appreciated!

Photo Update:

LST continues, almost to phase 3 of my plan. Also, almost time to take a cutting or two to head to natural light so I can get some definitive answers as to sex.

That little brown part on the top fan leaf leaf and the one (right side) that looks like Half-Moon Bay is from touching the HO T5 bulb just reached right up in under an hour and touched it. I now keep that light about 5" away because of that. Fan leaves are MOBILE, MAN!

111611225641.jpg

Back
Top Bottom