Need Help With LED's

I gave a 25 watt bulb like that to a friend. He managed to grow and flower a tiny pure power plant under it. Sure, he did not get much medicine. Perhaps 10 grams max. But for him watching this tiny plant grow was therapy in itself.

Hopefully my grow is a therapeutic one as well .

I gave a 25 watt bulb like that to a friend. He managed to grow and flower a tiny pure power plant under it. Sure, he did not get much medicine. Perhaps 10 grams max. But for him watching this tiny plant grow was therapy in itself.

I hear ya, but I think most of us here, truth be told, would prefer to have a big plant with nug-of-the-month quality buds on it after three months of work, not a cute bonsai. If all that means is spending another $100 for a decent grow light (plus electricity...), I think most of us would go for it. Even just from an accountant's perspective, the cost pencils out.

Sure everyone would like bigger and better. But sometimes you have to make due with what you have. I have a 3.5*6ft closet and I still want more so I plan to fire my spacebuckets back up again. I'd rather convert another walk-in but the buckets will work.

I hear ya, but I think most of us here, truth be told, would prefer to have a big plant with nug-of-the-month quality buds on it after three months of work, not a cute bonsai. If all that means is spending another $100 for a decent grow light (plus electricity...), I think most of us would go for it. Even just from an accountant's perspective, the cost pencils out.

I agree that ultimately I wanna get good yields, but right now I'm in an experimental phase so I'm just testing the waters, I've got enough smokeable bud to last me a few months, some hash as well, so I'm not in a hurry.
Once I see how my results are, I'm gonna step on the gas and take things up a notch for sure. I'm gonna add a link to my grow journal now, hope some of you can follow and guide me. .

I agree that ultimately I wanna get good yields, but right now I’m in an experimental phase so I’m just testing the waters, I’ve got enough smokeable bud to last me a few months, some hash as well, so I’m not in a hurry.
Once I see how my results are, I’m gonna step on the gas and take things up a notch for sure. I’m gonna add a link to my grow journal now, hope some of you can follow and guide me. .

Sounds like a plan to me! :)

Yeah. I'm giving my own main grow 1600 watts, so I tend to agree. Only i rather have a sea of green with many small plants rather than a few big ones.

Hello Everyone,

Thanks for reading this!

I've got a small space of 2x2 ft = 4 sq.ft, and I have a doubt regarding the lighting.

I've read in multiple threads that 30-40watts per sq.ft should be adequate, and i'd love it if some of you could confirm that?

for example if i'm considering 30watts per sq.ft, then i'd need 120 watts for 4 sq.feet.

so thats exactly what i'm doing, i've got 4 full-spectrum 30watt lights which i'm gonna use.

here's the lights i've purchased:-
61FzYm2OHUL_SL1001_.jpg

i'd really appreciate it if someone could let me know if these lights are good enough?

it's my first time with LED's

Thank You!!!!

30--35w/sf is enough during veg and seedling stage; 35--50w/sf during flowering stage. If you grow vegetables or tomato.., the draw power you need is much lower. Such as Mars Hydro, they have reflector series led and MarsProII series led, marsproII is better choice for cannabis grower and reflector series led is better choice for vegetable growers.

Alright, that's not bad for a trial I guess . what if I'm using the Sea Of Green Method? Will this setup be good for about 4-6 plants in a 2x2 sqft area?

I'm having trouble with just 4 plants in a 3' by 3' area. Their isn't enough room. That's 9 square feet of area. You probably should only have one plant.

keep in mind, the reason for more watts, is to power higher PAR photons value. More photons, more growth. But when u have a single fixed light source, the higher watts is needed because you have to push PAR further away from the light source.

So, 1 fixed source, more watts hence 35-45 watts psqrf. If you have several light sources, ala strips and qb boards, or even numerous cobs, you need less per-sqrf, because the PAR doesnt have to stretch itself to the edges./

keep in mind, the reason for more watts, is to power higher PAR photons value. More photons, more growth. But when u have a single fixed light source, the higher watts is needed because you have to push PAR further away from the light source.

So, 1 fixed source, more watts hence 35-45 watts psqrf. If you have several light sources, ala strips and qb boards, or even numerous cobs, you need less per-sqrf, because the PAR doesnt have to stretch itself to the edges./

Hmmm... I'm not sure you've got that quite right...

Back
Top Bottom