Welcome @fatboy578
My first grow was a disaster too, lost all 4 plants, can see what I did wrong, in hindsight of course but I learned something. Now I am trying to my 2 clones done.

Have a smoke, try again.

:passitleft:

I wanted to say Hello. Just had my first grow and it ended in disaster. Will post next time I try.

:welcome: Don't worry about it man, it happens. Important thing is, get back in the garden and give it another go! Seems like you are on the path to another grow. Start up a journal when you do, and folks here will help/guide you along the way. Since I've started posting my grows here, my game has def. been on the uptick!

Again, welcome!

Welcome to the forum @fatboy578! If you set yourself to the task to read all of the informational links that people put under their signatures, and then after that start going through some of our grow journals, you will quickly get an idea as to the concepts and information that we all feel is important for you to know. You have found the right spot, and this next grow is going to go very well due to your efforts!

:welcome: Don't worry about it man, it happens. Important thing is, get back in the garden and give it another go! Seems like you are on the path to another grow. Start up a journal when you do, and folks here will help/guide you along the way. Since I've started posting my grows here, my game has def. been on the uptick!

Again, welcome!
Hello. I do keep a journal and my very first grow. I thought those seedlings were done as the mistakes I made and then they started falling over. If you saw those 2 plants today you would not believe it. I tried something completely different and they recovered and are they thriving. Needless to say I am beyond overjoyed. How do you post your journal? Thanks

Did not want to remove them from the tent. Unbelievable that they recovered, transplanting tomorrow into a 3 gallon soft aeration grow bag. One for each plant.

Attachments

• 5E03643E-8C1C-4F1C-8CDD-6F6B23EB95C2.jpeg
    5E03643E-8C1C-4F1C-8CDD-6F6B23EB95C2.jpeg
    680.9 KB · Views: 33
  • 34B3CE08-DAFC-4416-AD45-D9F667D5201A.jpeg
    34B3CE08-DAFC-4416-AD45-D9F667D5201A.jpeg
    639.8 KB · Views: 24
Did not want to remove them from the tent. Unbelievable that they recovered, transplanting tomorrow into a 3 gallon soft aeration grow bag. One for each plant.
Hell yeah mate that's a complete recovery, well saved! What media you potting them Into?
I can help you avoid any further dramas if it's Coco. If not I'm clueless lol.

Welcome to the group fatboy. Sorry to hear you had difficulty in the beginning. That can really discourage a person trying to start out. Don't let it get you down. looks like you made a recovery after all. Congrats!

Looks great.
I personally would consider transplanting soon. One question that will help determine if you are ready to transplant is how many days does it take for your pots to dry out? If you are watering every second day you are ready for transplant. Some people don't transplant until they are watering every day but I prefer to keep it simple. Also those look like clay pots? If so you will find it very hard to judge the weight of your pots between watering. As you said... you have fabric pots to move up to so that should solve that.

Looks great.
I personally would consider transplanting soon. One question that will help determine if you are ready to transplant is how many days does it take for your pots to dry out? If you are watering every second day you are ready for transplant. Some people don't transplant until they are watering every day but I prefer to keep it simple. Also those look like clay pots? If so you will find it very hard to judge the weight of your pots between watering. As you said... you have fabric pots to move up to so that should solve that.
Hello. I took your advice and transplanted today. I wore nylon gloves to avoid contamination but they would not come out of the clay pots so I had to break them but there were roots everywhere and of course they got disturbed. The roots were bright white but I hope the disturbance to the roots will not kill them. I should have broken them from the beginning. Only time will tell.

Back
Top Bottom