New Moon Over Guawi: A High Brix Journey

Hey Gazoo! Gals are looking good! Don't second guess the details in your posts, everyone that's here loves it and if there is to open cub of something we can scan through. I am curious as to why you are adding the ScrOG now and why you are planning to up an at 4 weeks into veg instead of when the roots are ready?

Your pics uploaded to member gallery will show up in your media so it will be right there when you need it!

:passitleft:

Thanks, happy to hear my NEED to include every detail is not to OVER THE TOP :thanks:

Adding the Net Now because I really need to keep these short and want every NODE Branching
so I can fill the NET as close to transplant as possible and switch to flower faster. Last run I had
to delay flower like 2 weeks after Up-pot to fill nets so hoping I can reduce that time frame this run.

Also only Hoping for a 4 week Veg, It WILL depend on the ROOTS for sure. But trying for an accelerated
grow time, the GUAWI is like 90% Sativa (longer flower) so looking to shorten the grow were I can :)

My Gallery has a ton of photos uploaded and can take quite a while to find an old photo I want to
use :) before I had them a little organized in albums

Thanks again for the reassurance on my Detail obsession :high-five:

Just up from checking the Girls 1hr before lights OUT and very impressed with
GUAWI she is now a Beautiful shade of Florescent Green :D

Also thinking maybe I will swap the GDP Back were the GUAWI is now.
Seems to be the preferred spot. Could be due to better Water Evaporation ?
Cannabis does not like wet feet and just realized there is a more direct Wind
blowing on the Pot that sits in that spot. 1 six inch fan blows on the lower part of that POT :hmmmm:
also that pot is losing 0.75 to 1.0 oz of liquid weight more each day than the other pot.
Thinking it Could have something to do with it since these pots have many side holes to allow for
the AIR DRY to work faster, which will help me get more DUNKS :)

Yup I will switch them tonight at lights on when I weigh the pots. If my theory works out I will
reposition the fan on the other side to point at pot as well.

Ya I had a weird time figuring out how to get my clip on fan to circulate air through the tent. Ended up just laying it on the ground towards pot because I couldn't hang it right, prob does dry out the soil quicker, tho I don't have as many holes in the pot as you.

Ya I had a weird time figuring out how to get my clip on fan to circulate air through the tent. Ended up just laying it on the ground towards pot because I couldn't hang it right, prob does dry out the soil quicker, tho I don't have as many holes in the pot as you.

I made some really nice clip bars that run across the sides and back of the tent, they are adjustable up and down
If you have a smaller tent and I think it was 1/2 dia posts the parts are really cheap. Also dependent on the FAN Clip
some require a bigger dia to grip too

Faster Drying after the DUNKs in these small pots is better, I think my first run it took like 3 weeks and even
this run at 18 days is to long in my Mind. I would like to get it down to 10 days but not sure if that's possible.

Gazoo I re-read about this Gauwi strain today and damn, am I excited to see you grow her. Might have to ask you to clone a branch....see if you're up for any trades!

For sure, I know the description made me TINGLE with anticipation. ;)
and think of the following

Shamanism is a practice that involves a practitioner reaching altered states of consciousness in order to perceive and interact with what they believe to be a spirit world and channel these transcendental energies into this world.

COB it

Something else I recently read I found very interesting

" Taoist Monks in Ancient China often used Cannabis in incense burners believing the smoke could serve as a
means of achieving Immortality. They Sometimes also consumed cannabis with Ginseng, Believing the combination
had the ability to "set time Forward" Thus revealing Future Events "

I made some really nice clip bars that run across the sides and back of the tent, they are adjustable up and down
If you have a smaller tent and I think it was 1/2 dia posts the parts are really cheap. Also dependent on the FAN Clip
some require a bigger dia to grip too

Faster Drying after the DUNKs in these small pots is better, I think my first run it took like 3 weeks and even
this run at 18 days is to long in my Mind. I would like to get it down to 10 days but not sure if that's possible.
I'm not positive that we want to start our dunks sooner, here's why. We're focused on building roots right? The plant is branching out searching for that water and building the root ball. So if we are trying to dry out the soil quicker wouldn't it make sense the roots won't search out water as much? Does that make sense

I'm not positive that we want to start our dunks sooner, here's why. We're focused on building roots right? The plant is branching out searching for that water and building the root ball. So if we are trying to dry out the soil quicker wouldn't it make sense the roots won't search out water as much? Does that make sense

Yup absolutely makes sense and I did get really good roots with the longer drying time. Just looking
for the best of both worlds I suppose :) I want good Roots but want to keep the soil active as well.
Still a NEWBIE with the KIT so doing my experimentation with different things to see what works best.
Hoping with the RootMaker Pots I can make things happen faster

Yup absolutely makes sense and I did get really good roots with the longer drying time. Just looking
for the best of both worlds I suppose :) I want good Roots but want to keep the soil active as well.
Still a NEWBIE with the KIT so doing my experimentation with different things to see what works best.
Hoping with the RootMaker Pots I can make things happen faster
I am interested to see how those pots work out for you. My roots in 1gal looked what most describe to be water roots, will have to see what 10gal roots look like.

For sure, I know the description made me TINGLE with anticipation. ;)
and think of the following

Shamanism is a practice that involves a practitioner reaching altered states of consciousness in order to perceive and interact with what they believe to be a spirit world and channel these transcendental energies into this world.

COB it

Something else I recently read I found very interesting

" Taoist Monks in Ancient China often used Cannabis in incense burners believing the smoke could serve as a
means of achieving Immortality. They Sometimes also consumed cannabis with Ginseng, Believing the combination
had the ability to "set time Forward" Thus revealing Future Events "
Very cool!

I am interested to see how those pots work out for you. My roots in 1gal looked what most describe to be water roots, will have to see what 10gal roots look like.
I've tried a few different pots, and went back to 1 gal fabric pots for my grow this round. I have some Black Cherry Punch (Duggan and Neiko made me do it!) in their second week of life now, but the pots dried out already thanks to ample air flow and fabric pots, so I was able to give them a second watering already, just 10 days after planting.

When I do have the rare 'problem plant', it seems they have the problem of not drinking fast enough--I think the fabric should help with that.

I've tried a few different pots, and went back to 1 gal fabric pots for my grow this round. I have some Black Cherry Punch (Duggan and Neiko made me do it!) in their second week of life now, but the pots dried out already thanks to ample air flow and fabric pots, so I was able to give them a second watering already, just 10 days after planting.

When I do have the rare 'problem plant', it seems they have the problem of not drinking fast enough--I think the fabric should help with that.

Cool thanks for the info I used the fabric a few times but could not get a good root mass ?
hoping these do the trick.

Used a larger 1.25 gal I think plastic with holes drilled in sides last time and got this

Hey Gazoo. Pretty sure the soil is active as is without drenches, @Duggan gives nothing but straight water well into veg and I think his plants turn out ok, ha! :rofl:

@StoneyMemoirs Duggan also made me and a bunch of others get some BCPs, I think Neiko turned him onto it. I've got one going that is kicking ass and taking names, a couple weeks before I can flip her.

Not sure how I like the fabric pots. I used 3gal for my coco grows, but the fabric would get all nasty through the grow. Would be hard to check on the roots if you wanted to, but I see the logic in what you are saying.

I can't say much on the bcp, because duggan got me on them too :rofl: that's what I will grow next.

You keep adding all the detail you want, I will read it, and more then once.

I made some very tiny fabric pots out of fiberglass screen door screen. Air prune check. Dries out really quick Check. Lots of O2 to the roots as air can get in on all sides. FYI

Hey Gazoo. Pretty sure the soil is active as is without drenches, @Duggan gives nothing but straight water well into veg and I think his plants turn out ok, ha! :rofl:

Thanks for bringing these understandings forward I do appreciate it

Been giving these ideas some thought :goodjob:

OK Thinking about what happens with the Roots as the pots dry.
Don't the Roots chase the water so to speak, as the water evaporates in the soil wont they grow out as the soil drys.
With more dry cycles during a grow, Wont the roots grow faster ?

Also if the soil is wet longer wont that delay them from looking ? Faster dry faster root growth ?

Just thinking and hope to have a better understanding after I see what they look like this run :)

I may have used the wrong term when I said soil going flat. Its more along the lines of the Microbes slowing down or going dormant due to lack of water, I am sure I read somewhere when the plants suffer from water deprivation so to the Microbes.

Anyway thanks for bringing up these Questions/Ideas/Understandings its always good to reconsider what I am doing as things go forward and without someone to question me I miss things :)

Thanks for bringing these understandings forward I do appreciate it

Been giving these ideas some thought :goodjob:

OK Thinking about what happens with the Roots as the pots dry.
Don't the Roots chase the water so to speak, as the water evaporates in the soil wont they grow out as the soil drys.
With more dry cycles during a grow, Wont the roots grow faster ?

Also if the soil is wet longer wont that delay them from looking ? Faster dry faster root growth ?

Just thinking and hope to have a better understanding after I see what they look like this run :)

I may have used the wrong term when I said soil going flat. Its more along the lines of the Microbes slowing down or going dormant due to lack of water, I am sure I read somewhere when the plants suffer from water deprivation so to the Microbes.

Anyway thanks for bringing up these Questions/Ideas/Understandings its always good to reconsider what I am doing as things go forward and without someone to question me I miss things :)

The roots do chase the water, but only to a certain extent, since the water contains the nutrients which are a function of plant growth. They can't grow in an entirely dry medium. This is why overwatering when plants are in oversized containers is so easy, and also why fabric pots are more forgiving in this regard. Since your girls are in pretty small containers, all you need to do is figure out how much water it takes to create a bit of runoff, and water at that amount, then figure out how long it is taking for the medium to dry. I use a shot glass on seedlings/clones to measure because every oz counts at that size. Instead of increasing the amount of water given each time, shorten the length between waterings as they grow, the soil is never going to hold more water unless you overpotted it.

As for dry cycles/root development, it is true to the point that the roots saturate the medium. Once that happens, no amount of extra anything but a larger container will increase root growth. Your plant will also have a certain 'I'm thirsty' look well before any signs of wilting, which can be confirmed with a lift test. Just ride that balance and when you are watering once every other day, your roots will have filled out the medium really well.

I have no idea how that applies specifically to brix though.

The roots do chase the water, but only to a certain extent, since the water contains the nutrients which are a function of plant growth. They can't grow in an entirely dry medium. This is why overwatering when plants are in oversized containers is so easy, and also why fabric pots are more forgiving in this regard. Since your girls are in pretty small containers, all you need to do is figure out how much water it takes to create a bit of runoff, and water at that amount, then figure out how long it is taking for the medium to dry. I use a shot glass on seedlings/clones to measure because every oz counts at that size. Instead of increasing the amount of water given each time, shorten the length between waterings as they grow, the soil is never going to hold more water unless you overpotted it.

As for dry cycles/root development, it is true to the point that the roots saturate the medium. Once that happens, no amount of extra anything but a larger container will increase root growth. Your plant will also have a certain 'I'm thirsty' look well before any signs of wilting, which can be confirmed with a lift test. Just ride that balance and when you are watering once every other day, your roots will have filled out the medium really well.

I have no idea how that applies specifically to brix though.

Welcome and thanks for chiming in. At this point I am doing DUNKs and have a fairly good idea
of how much Liquid is being held at any given time. When I Up-Pot to the larger 7 gal, the DUNKS
become to difficult so I use a SLOW CYCLE (1 MIN on 5 MIN off watering) I know just how much
each will hold and have a 1 cup run-off so can calculate exactly how much product is being given.

BTW I am not increasing the amount of water given at one time I am trying to increase the
number of times I water while still giving the pots time to dry.

It was a chore here if wanting to move a plant with a scrog net involved.

Hit that on the Head :goodjob: Had to give up on trying to use the Net this early I can see now its was going to be a
real pain taking it off each day to weigh, they are Growing to fast to keep that up for long :D

Also looks like the POTs are working very well. If everything stays the same I will be Dunking the
GUAWI in 2 days that's only 8 days between dunks with 8 to 10 oz liquid weight left in pot.
Even better than I was hoping for

VEG DAY 6
21 Days from Pop

============================================

Hit that on the Head :goodjob: Had to give up on trying to use the Net this early I can see now its was going to be a
real pain taking it off each day to weigh, they are Growing to fast to keep that up for long :D

Also looks like the POTs are working very well. If everything stays the same I will be Dunking the
GUAWI in 2 days that's only 8 days between dunks with 8 to 10 oz liquid weight left in pot.
Even better than I was hoping for

VEG DAY 6
21 Days from Pop

Textbook fake plants.

Been thinking about your pot rotators and need to come up with something similar myself, if only to be able to water easier. Seen people use trash can trolleys but that seems too big. Has to be like a serving dish thing I can find...

Back
Top Bottom