New Moon Over Guawi: A High Brix Journey

COOL ,Thanks its not as bad as I was expecting :goodjob:
And actually looks good
it looks good on the phone. I'm glad you use a notebook and not just post-its. Your house would be covered in them lol.
I see a future JOTM here Gazoo! Great info brother!
I second that

it looks good on the phone. I'm glad you use a notebook and not just post-its. Your house would be covered in them lol.

So true I am forever picking up old note pads and having to try and decipher what I was thinking at the time
most of it gets tossed because I cant read my own handwriting :) Having this as my note book I dont have that
issue

VEGETATIVE STAGE DAY 2
17 days from Pop

Things are moving a little faster Now :)

Here are last Nights Pictures
Day 2 Veg, 17 days from Pop @ lights on 10:00pm

GUAWI is picking up speed and has nearly caught up to the GDP.

GDP never got a good FIM
Looks like I only removed the top of the Leaf :) so did a PINCH / SQUEEZE
at the growing shoot, Somewhere I had read this is just like fiming since
it causes the plant to release something (cant remember the name) that induces branching ?
I guess I will see soon enough :)

LAST since they are both in VEG I attempted another FIM on the GUAWI so Lets see if I did any better :)

GDP Is still at 39.8 oz weight which works out to approx 2 cups Liquid weight left in Pot

BUT
GDPs
Lobed and Single blade leafs look to be yellowing so may go ahead and DUNK Tonight,
Want to make sure things dont go flat for too long. Don't want things slowing down, Once the time
has passed you don't get it back so 2 days slow growth means 2 days less production at end of grow.

SIDE NOTE:
I guess this is a MACHINING THING. For anyone who does not know, there are RED SPINNING LIGHTS that
come on when a CNC MACHINE STOPs running, This means you are LOOSING MONEY there are only 24hrs
in a day and if the machine is not producing you are loosing production. Now they are even attached to
office computers so the loss of time can be LOGGED or even set to call the owner if a machine is down to long.

ON WITH THE PICTURES

GUAWI VEG DAY 2
48hrs after
HEAVY 3x TP/TEA DUNK

====================================

GUAWI VEG DAY 2
TOP DOWN
48hrs after HEAVY 3x TP/TEA DUNK

GUAWI VEG DAY 2
NODE SPACING

GUAWI VEG DAY 2
SIDE

GDP VEG DAY 2

GDP VEG DAY 2
TOP DOWN

GDP VEG DAY 2
NODE SPACING

GDP VEG DAY 2
SIDE VIEW

EDIT
May start the Brix foliar and possibly the De-Stress in the next couple days ?

Looking good Gazoo. I'd wait a couple more nodes before starting the sprays.

Is it a little to much for them when at that age?

Thanks Guys I agree not many leafs and a few more nodes would be much better. Hoping in a few days
things will look better in that regard. Wanting to get some De-Stress on them to help with the Fiming
and Bondage stress issues

Was going to post a picture process for preparing the DUNK Water (Aquarium Heater, Air Stone Bubbler)
but felling I am including too much information so will cut back on the SECOND Lever details

Thanks Guys I agree not many leafs and a few more nodes would be much better. Hoping in a few days
things will look better in that regard. Wanting to get some De-Stress on them to help with the Fiming
and Bondage stress issues

Was going to post a picture process for preparing the DUNK Water (Aquarium Heater, Air Stone Bubbler)
but felling I am including too much information so will cut back on the SECOND Lever details
I think it would be interesting to see how you prepare your dunk water. I want to see people post videos of how they mix their soil. I always feel I do not mix it well enough even though Doc has told me a few times it is rarely if ever an issue. Just one of the things I think I could do better if I had a better process for it. I would love to have a cement mixer dedicated to mixing soil. I have no idea how I would get it into my basement though lol.

I think it would be interesting to see how you prepare your dunk water. I want to see people post videos of how they mix their soil. I always feel I do not mix it well enough even though Doc has told me a few times it is rarely if ever an issue. Just one of the things I think I could do better if I had a better process for it. I would love to have a cement mixer dedicated to mixing soil. I have no idea how I would get it into my basement though lol.

Happy to see Ya :welcome:

I had considered the Cement Mixer as well but I suspect you would need a very large size
for a FULL Bale, thinking only half at a time. Half would require measure things for a
even Mix ?

My current system only uses 1/2 bale at a time (space restriction) and works fairly well
(old Kids size footed bath Tube :)

My DUNKING process is not really a big deal basically I use an 18" aquarium water heater set at
76deg in five gallon water bottle about 2 hours before lights on. Once the Water is Measured
into the DUNK CONTAINER i place the AIR STONE in it (BTW the 5 gal water bottle also has AIR STONE 24/7).
I add the TEA First let bubble for 5 or so minutes add TP and let bubble for another 5 or ten minutes while
I pull and weight the starter POT before DUNK.

READY FOR TEA

=========================================

HEATER IN 5 GAL WATER BOTTLE

3 YEARS SUPPLY OF SOIL AMENDMENTS
because I ran across this picture while looking for the tub photo

MIXING TUB

SOIL AFTER MIX AND H20 ADDED
amount of soil stuck to hand after sticking in squeezing and shaking off

OBSERVATION
SLIGHT POT EVAPORATION CONTROL

Noticed I can control the speed of evaporation in these pots a bit.:) Earlier I had placed each
plant into a second empty pot to help protect the pots from the
humidifier cool mist. After
this last GDP DUNK, I removed the second outside pots and noticed an additional
1 oz loss in a 24 hour period.
I should be able to use this to try and even out the water cycle next time one is drying
faster then the other.

Something else I noticed the amount of liquid I can get into the pot is effected by how long
I let the pot sit in the DUNK. Since I left the GDP in the DUNK while I took pictures and did
other things, it sat in the DUNK for 20 min. I noticed it held an additional cup (8oz) so looks

like I need to factor in DUNK/SOAK Time. I can see how less can be better to allow for faster
soil dry and more DUNKs. Probably 5 to 10 min MAX

SCROG NET UPDATE
Also added A SCROG Net above them, did not like pulling and bending them so young
and this seems to be easier on them. I can just lift it off and replace once a day when
weighing the pots, once that gets impossible I will up-pot or week 4 veg which ever comes
first.

It was a chore here if wanting to move a plant with a scrog net involved.

I'll post a picture of what I have done, its just a net sitting over the 2 small pots on long legs, should be easily
removed for a few weeks but Yes it may get difficult. When I up-pot they are each going into there own
7 gal RIM MOUNT SCROG here is a picture of the upcoming rim mount pot

WOW was just trying to up-load a picture and NOW I DON'T have any listed ALBUMS
What happened ? looks like all my pictures are still here AT LEAST I can see them does everyone else ?

in the meantime I uploaded this picture to the MEMBERS GALLERY should be near impossible to find later

This NET is just placed above the plants NO ATTACHMENT at bottom just gravity :)

:hmmmm:
WOW was just trying to up-load a picture and NOW I DON'T have any listed ALBUMS
What happened ? looks like all my pictures are still here AT LEAST I can see them does everyone else ?

in the meantime I uploaded this picture to the MEMBERS GALLERY should be near impossible to find later

This NET is just placed above the plants NO ATTACHMENT at bottom just gravity :)

The amount of preparation and thought you go through for the whole process is bonkers lol. I also was looking for my album and thought wtf how did I mess this up....:hmmmm:

:hmmmm:
The amount of preparation and thought you go through for the whole process is bonkers lol. I also was looking for my album and thought wtf how did I mess this up....:hmmmm:

Thanks buddy I think they must of done an update to the ALBUM system. I know we dont get the 420 Watermark
now and we can use attachments to post with so maybe something else they upgraded.

My approach to all things is the elimination of VARIABLES or at least, understand each variable.
The more variables I can identify / eliminate / understand the BETTER I can DIAL it all IN and achieve
My Goal of a PERFECT grow start to finish. Probably never happen but I will do my best

I am also CONSTANTLY reevaluating things. Its just what I have done for as long as I can Remember.
Its like a chess game, I am constantly thinking of different situations and trying to prepare for each if they happen.
Each TIME i make a move everything changes and I need to re-asses the situation again :) New and Old things
are always being re-considered.

3rd UPDATE
VEGETATIVE STAGE

(SEEDLING STAGE ENDED on JULY 31)
Link to "SEEDLING STAGE by DATE PROCESS" below

LINK --> SEEDLING STAGE by DATE <-- LINK

============================================================================
PREVIOUSLY
The LAST Process in SEEDLING stage was a PRE-VEG DUNK on GUAWI
USING the following amounts

JULY 31st- DAY 15 from POP
GUAWI got 1st DUNK using a HEAVY FIRST dunk amount.
Added 0.5 Ounce TP + 2.5 ml TEA to 12 cups H20.

Actual amounts added - this is the result after calculating out Amount left over
TRUE Amount added to GUAWI 5.6189703 ml TP & 0.95 ml TEA
(Previous math error now fixed)

==========================================================================

:green_heart:START DATE:green_heart:
VEGETATIVE STAGE
AUGUST 1st (Day 15 from Pop)

:cheer:...:yummy:...:cheer:

USER INTERVENTIONS by DATE FOR
AUG 2018

1st - GUAWI FIMMED at 5th Node - Need to keep plants as short as possible
..........GDP Got BONDAGE & Shoot SQUEEZE - Noticed I did a BAD FIM:eek: earlier

2nd - GDP Got 1oz H2O Top DRIBBLED at Lights On, 6 days since last dribble.

3rd - GDP 1ST DUNK - Using HEAVY FIRST dunk amount.
......................... Added 0.5 Ounce TP + 2.5 ml TEA to 12 cups H20.
.................... .....Actual amounts added - this is the result after calculating out Amount left over
TRUE Amount added to GDP 6.0625732 ml TP & 1.025 ml TEA

4th - Last Quarter Moon - Reference Date -
...........ADDED SCROG NET - On Both, Seemed less stress than Pipe cleaner tie downs

Next VEG STAGE Up-Date
will Continue from here.

Hey Gazoo! Gals are looking good! Don't second guess the details in your posts, everyone that's here loves it and if there is to open cub of something we can scan through. I am curious as to why you are adding the ScrOG now and why you are planning to up an at 4 weeks into veg instead of when the roots are ready?

Your pics uploaded to member gallery will show up in your media so it will be right there when you need it!

:passitleft:

Back
Top Bottom