New Moon Over Guawi: A High Brix Journey

I have read nothing but good about using that far red. Good choice.

Hoping it works out should hang very nice at the back of the tent just above the UVA/B T5
will save a lot of space this way.

Shit Doing more research I noticed the Puck does not come with reflectors, the Carlco 10613 lens
are recommended for use but have been discontinued. Just contacted the company to see if they
can help me out getting them. Not required but why the Puck not use them to increase reflection

MOON PHASE UPDATE
JULY FULL MOON TONIGHT

INTERESTING FACT

The longest total lunar eclipse of the 21st century takes place Friday, July 27.

The total phase of the "blood moon" eclipse of July 27 will last 1 hour and 43 minutes, during which Earth's natural satellite will turn a spectacular red or ruddy-brown color. From start to finish, the entire celestial event will last nearly 4 hours.

july_blood_moon_eclips.jpg

PICTURE UPDATE
JULY FULL MOON

Day 11 from POP

As mentioned earlier GDP has hooked up. I had to lower her 1"
and also did 1oz dribble. She actually lost 3.3 oz of water in 24hrs
so everything is on track to DUNK probably Sunday day 13 from Pop.
Looking like that will also be the Official Start of Veg.

GDP is picking up steam

GDP Now on the RIGHT
DAY 11 FROM POP

=======================================

GDP Top DOWN
DAY 11 FROM POP

GDP NODE STACK
DAY 11 FROM POP

5 BLADE LEAF
At First Node after the single blade set
DAY 11 FROM POP

GUAWI TOP DOWN
DAY 11 FROM POP

GUAWI NODE STACK
DAY 11 FROM POP

Looking great Gazoo. You would hate to grow with me lol. I have zero system, I just do everything on the fly lol. My OCD is real bad in other areas( like stepping on cracks in sidewalk). Just got caught up, those links are nice touch.

With those pucks you don't need reflectors, 2 of those does great in 3x3, run them 15 mins at lights off and or when lights first come on too. They will shorten your flower period by about a week or so.

I can't believe you've never been fired lol. I was fired and rehired 3 times in one week from same company once lol. I can do about anything work wise, but only worked in electrical trade past 30+ years.

Hope your having a great weekend :Namaste::green_heart::passitleft:

Ok, just have to know...... How do you deal with those 2 gages being that close together and having different readings.
I'm sure gazoo knows exactly why, my guess is one plant is closer to the side of the tent with the heating pad or something. There is so much going on in his tent I would be overwhelmed lol.

Looking great Gazoo. You would hate to grow with me lol. I have zero system, I just do everything on the fly lol. My OCD is real bad in other areas( like stepping on cracks in sidewalk). Just got caught up, those links are nice touch.

With those pucks you don't need reflectors, 2 of those does great in 3x3, run them 15 mins at lights off and or when lights first come on too. They will shorten your flower period by about a week or so.

I can't believe you've never been fired lol. I was fired and rehired 3 times in one week from same company once lol. I can do about anything work wise, but only worked in electrical trade past 30+ years.

Hope your having a great weekend :Namaste::green_heart::passitleft:

Good Morning Buck, NO I would ABSOLUTELY NOT Hate growing with you, However I could not say
the same for you "NOT HATING" growing with ME ;)

Yes this is a great outlet for my OCD, it works in this situation. Cant say the same when it comes time
to leave the house, Checking everything Multiple times to make sure things are good or turning around and
coming back to make sure, even though I know its OK :(

Nope Never Fired but there WAS one time it was a MUTUAL thing, I QUIT your FIRED.
So I filled for Unemployment, got denied and WON the UNEMPLOYMENT DENIAL hearing, SHOULD OF
just let me walk

Yup thinking I am going to like the Puck, only running a 2 x 4 and placing it CENTER back Wall right behind
the plants less then 12 inches away I am hoping I can get away with just the one. Would still like to add
the reflectors, cheap upgrade if I can find them :)

THANKS for stopping by Buck happy to see ya

Ok, just have to know...... How do you deal with those 2 gages being that close together and having different readings.

YES Very bothersome But I do know why. The right side is the side thats next to the Garage and is always a bit
cooler. I also adjust things to make it even a BIT WORSE after reading that the GDP Liked 50% RH the BEST
and Doc Recommends 55% Minimum I was trying to get that side down to 55% RH and it kinda worked out

THANKS You Just Reminded me I need to RE-ADJUST now that I ROTATED the girls:goodjob:

I'm sure gazoo knows exactly why, my guess is one plant is closer to the side of the tent with the heating pad or something. There is so much going on in his tent I would be overwhelmed lol.

Morning KillerB

Yup its all accounted for ;)

HOME OWNERS INSURANCE
At its Minimum

===================================================

WATERING HOLE

Shout out for the KIT

Without it I could not focus so much on the environment

Never Need to worry about the plants Nutritional needs, its all taken care of by the KIT

The Only way to keep myself involved is to
FOCUS ON ENVIRONMENT, ENVIRONMENT, ENVIRONMENT

I think every issue I have seen discussed has always resulted in ENVIRONMENTAL Issues
whether its Water, Lights, Wind, Sound, RH, Temp Swings ...... its always ENVIRONMENT

FOCUSING on that I hope to give the plants There BEST chance at PLEASING ME.

BTW OLD Idea has raised its head

Tent to small for light mover So how about moving the plants ?
Idea revolves around using a Lazy Susan & Old Electric Hand Clock Movement.
Found a perfect size Plastic Lazy Susan (perfect diameter for starter pots)

Thinking using the clock mounted under the Lazy Susan so that its center post
is set into the post on clock (hour movement post) that will then rotate the top,
On a 24 hour rotation. I should be able to plug in and the Susan should do a full
rotation once a day.
Cant move the lights, Move the plants

Well cant give my RECOMMENDATION to THE FAR-RED PUCK quality of manufacturing

Just got it today, Plug in and NO POWER ?

Squeeze the power plug solder joints on the board and POWER ON,
Let go, Power Off.

Bothers me I have to Fix a New Item ? Hope nothing else
is defective in the unit ? Re-Soldered Solder joints and works fine

Have idea to make it a MAGNETIC base

Actually a lot smaller than I was expecting Easily fits in the Palm of my hand
so
Will be Mounting it to a ALTOIDS mints TIN BOX using some 1/8 inch stand-offs.
Once mounted to the outside of the Tin Box I can hot glue a good magnet inside
and be able to stick it to the outer edge of my MH hood or on whatever metal surface
I like

Well it worked out Great, Did not even need the Hot Glue. I was thinking the Altoids box was aluminum
for some reason, NOT, Its Tin. Magnet sticks to the inside of box, outside of box now sticks to any metal surface

Mounted it as a WING Type position on the Edge of the HOOD since its magnetized it stuck very strong
added thin metal bar stuck (magnatized) to top edge of Altoids tin causes the angled position :)

Only Issue I may need to watch is the heat from the HPS, Don't think it will be a problem as I have always
been able to place the back of my hand to the center of the glass with no problem but since the power
plug had a bad solder I need to watch it close when the time comes.

Oh I can get the Lens now so will add that when it gets here :)

I had to take the pictures as the Sun-Rise Routine was in progress, once the MH Comes on the glare
would be to much where the Puck is located SO its Red and Blue colors

Yea... tbh that puck woukd be way easier to find a spot for than the light I have to use.

Fits just about anywhere I just ordered another for the other side of hood :)

OK DAY 13 SEEDLING
PICTURE UPDATE

Some changes in the plan :eek:

I had intended to DUNK but the GUAWI is not loosing much water weight at all ?
I do see signs of STRESS on her (even number blade and Slight deformed leaf)
so Lowered her 3 inches to 15" below MH

Now the GDP Is loving Life Been at 5 blades since node 2 :)
so decided to FIM her at the start of Node 5, day 13 from pop

I also lowered here to same level as Guawi

Last I was working on the PLANT SPINNER Ver 2.0 but I may need
a stronger motor ? I used a old geared clock movement thinking it would
have enough torque, I have Another idea before I upgrade it :)
added some pictures at the end

BOTH DAY 13 FROM POP

============================================

GDP DAY 13 TOP DOWN VIEW

GDP DAY 13 NODE STACK

GUAWI DAY 13

GUAWI DAY 13

FIM TOOL

BEFORE FIM

AFTER FIM

AFTER FIM

24 HR PLANT SPINNER Ver 2.0

24 HR PLANT SPINNER

Damn Gazoo, those ladies are looking top notch! Love your plant spinner, great idea and I look forward to seeing it i action... so to speak.

Yea the problem with my light is I cant out it in the middle... so it would only be from one side of the other... I may be able to mount it in back, angled toward the plant. I will probably try it that way first. Does the whole plant need to be covered really well with far red to benefit, or could I mount it on one side of the tent and just turn the plant 180 everyday?

Damn Gazoo, those ladies are looking top notch! Love your plant spinner, great idea and I look forward to seeing it i action... so to speak.

Yea the problem with my light is I cant out it in the middle... so it would only be from one side of the other... I may be able to mount it in back, angled toward the plant. I will probably try it that way first. Does the whole plant need to be covered really well with far red to benefit, or could I mount it on one side of the tent and just turn the plant 180 everyday?

Thanks buddy

Honestly this is the first time I have attempted the Far-Red Thing so I'm still experimenting.
Not even sure if its a good idea to use from the start like I just did, could be a reason the GDP
has jumped a Grade :) and also could be why the Guawi is struggling ?

Anyway your going to be using LED light and I believe they can be hung in any direction so
maybe just hung from tent roof but pointed towards the plants from the back of tent, basicaly
tilting your Z Axis :) CNC Machining thing
If you did position it this way you need to leave room for fan venting ?

Back
Top Bottom