New Moon Over Guawi: A High Brix Journey

You crazy bastard, going down to the grain lol.

Let my BCP dry out too much yesterday came home wilted as heck, but bounced back with some high quality h2o out of a magical blue flask!
Thats some high quality H2O! Love me some Water Boy.

You crazy bastard, going down to the grain lol.

Let my BCP dry out too much yesterday came home wilted as heck, but bounced back with some high quality h2o out of a magical blue flask!

waterboy.png

I had to use my Grain scale since my small Gram scale was to small ;)
I do find it interesting that a good quality Grain Scales are 9 out of 10 times
cheaper than Gram scales but 15.432 times more accurate

grain2.png

Was just over at ACE looking for my next adventure, need to try out the -5c lower temp before full lights on
to see if it actually STOPS the stretch ? and decided to go with the

Purple Haze x Malawi Feminized
100% sativa

purple_haze_malawi.jpg

Growing Tips Green Haze x Malawi can be grown indoors, although we recommend providing her with enough space and strong light intensity to achieve the best results. Highly recommended for SCROG, horizontal or network growing due to its excellent yield in the lateral branches and its vigorous reaction to pruning.

purple_haze_malawi_results2.png

BUT while there I was looking at the newly added pictures of the
GUAWI
Looks like they can get real pretty at times ;)

EXAMPLE of SOME Ace site Guawi picture
guawi_pheno2.jpg
guawi_pheno3.jpg
guawi_pheno1.jpg

Was just over at ACE looking for my next adventure, need to try out the -5c lower temp before full lights on
to see if it actually STOPS the stretch ? and decided to go with the

Purple Haze x Malawi Feminized
100% sativa

purple_haze_malawi.jpg

Growing Tips Green Haze x Malawi can be grown indoors, although we recommend providing her with enough space and strong light intensity to achieve the best results. Highly recommended for SCROG, horizontal or network growing due to its excellent yield in the lateral branches and its vigorous reaction to pruning.

purple_haze_malawi_results2.png

BUT while there I was looking at the newly added pictures of the
GUAWI
Looks like they can get real pretty at times ;)

EXAMPLE of SOME Ace site Guawi picture
guawi_pheno2.jpg
guawi_pheno3.jpg
guawi_pheno1.jpg
Pretty cool they put the terp analysis on it. Looks like it's average on terps, think the higher terps run around 3.0 Right?

Pretty cool they put the terp analysis on it. Looks like it's average on terps, think the higher terps run around 3.0 Right?

Not sure on the Terp's. I have not paid much attention to the reports on them and actually they
are not always shown. Being a newbie with them I thought that looked like a LOT of different hits
and seemed like a good thing :laugh:

3% on terps is really hard to find. If you hit 1% that's considered pretty good. Most dispensary weed in my area is way less than 1%. Usually they push the 30% THC strains but if you look up the lab results if they tested terps they are usually less than .5% terps.

3% on terps is really hard to find. If you hit 1% that's considered pretty good. Most dispensary weed in my area is way less than 1%. Usually they push the 30% THC strains but if you look up the lab results if they tested terps they are usually less than .5% terps.

Awesome looks like that strain is in the pretty good range :)

Something I have noticed, my girls NEVER give off much smell, I need to man handle the buds to get a whiff ?
I had heard a healthy plant does not give off a big smell unless handled rough ? I do get great smells after cure
and breaking up the buds but not much while growing

Chasing the RH these days. Had to pull out the De-Humidifier Yesterday since the night time RH was
getting up to the high 50s. Today with the Small De-Humidifier running (235w :() its staying at 52/53
lights out, Much better and closer to my target of 50 % RH

:green_heart:

Hey Gazoo! Up until now, I've had to man handle buds to get a smell but my BCP is out of control with an amazing overpowering Cherry pastry smell. Love it but hope my carbon filter holds up and does its job, so far so good. Look forward to seeing you run that new Ace cross!

:passitleft:

Its always confused me as my grows never really have a heavy smell ? I have to really do some
moving around of the flowers to get it. I always look forward to it, but never get a strong odor, maybe
I should run a BCP along with Purple haze + Malawi this next run.

Also maybe its just MY Nose since I have had friends come by who say they smelled it when coming in
so It may be i'm just NOSE BLIND ;)

overpowering Cherry pastry smell Thats what Im talking about, I need some of that :yummy:

Just reading Google search on "CANNABIS GROWING SECRETS"

When plants are in their flowering stage, they give off moisture during their night cycle, which raises humidity levels in the room. And more humidity increases the likelihood of pests, mold or mildew being introduced to your grow room. Knowing that, growers must increase the work rate of their dehumidifiers at night to reduce the added humidity,

Edit doing my best to keep electrical cost down and not liking the De-Humidifier running for the
13 hours of lights off I think I may try

desiccant dehumidification technology over refrigerant-based dehumidifiers, this is where most HVAC technology is starting to go. Desiccant is a type of chemical that absorbs moisture but can also release it when heated. It often comes as a wheel with descant-coated flutes that can be placed on a wall. When it spins, it absorbs wet air.

Looking at trying something like this

dehumidification1.png

These are 1.21 pounds, not sure if thats each pack or for all 8 packets. ALSO the Label on package says they are reusable. Reactivation time in bag 16 hours at 245 degrees Fahrenheit

Thinking I can place these on floor of tent and maybe be able to save on the Electricity ?

That would be awesome! That’s good thinking... I bought this one desiccate thing at the depot where you pour the crystals onto a pourus tray. The tray is elevated off the bottom of the tub. When it absorbes moisture it moves to the bottom of the crystals and drips into the pan. I bought for other purposes, but it might work. I think it even had a lid with vents.

Edit: kinda like this but mine is a large rectangle.
DampRid 10.5 oz. Fresh Scent Refillable Moisture Absorber-FG01FS - The Home Depot

That would be awesome! That’s good thinking... I bought this one desiccate thing at the depot where you pour the crystals onto a pourus tray. The tray is elevated off the bottom of the tub. When it absorbes moisture it moves to the bottom of the crystals and drips into the pan. I bought for other purposes, but it might work. I think it even had a lid with vents.

Edit: kinda like this but mine is a large rectangle.
DampRid 10.5 oz. Fresh Scent Refillable Moisture Absorber-FG01FS - The Home Depot

Those are not very expensive at all and they are listed at a 45 day use
not sure about the scent but maybe they sell them UN-scented

Thanks I need to check them out as well

Are you having issues with high rh? What is the high at lights out?

Not really It just started yesterday lights out the RH had reached 58/59 before I stepped in and started up
the De-Humidifier, I try and keep it at 50%.

TODAY lights out with De-Humidifier running its been holding steady at 52/53 RH so under control,
I just prefer to not run it 13 hrs a day and was looking for alternatives. I would like to control it without the added
cost so trying to think outside of the box a bit ;)

EDIT Ha Ha just listening to the local weather and we are expecting warmer dryer air over the next few days
so may be able to turn it back of for a day or two :slide:Over the next month or so I am sure I will be needing it again.

EDIT EDIT Looks like I will need to vent the exhaust on the De-humidifier. Its been so long since I needed
it I forgot how much heat it put out through the exhaust port, looks like it is keeping the temp 3 deg above
my average 70f lights out (68 to 72).

Its always confused me as my grows never really have a heavy smell ? I have to really do some
moving around of the flowers to get it. I always look forward to it, but never get a strong odor, maybe
I should run a BCP along with Purple haze + Malawi this next run.

Also maybe its just MY Nose since I have had friends come by who say they smelled it when coming in
so It may be i'm just NOSE BLIND ;)

overpowering Cherry pastry smell Thats what Im talking about, I need some of that :yummy:
I am running that PCP too and its got an amazing smell. Doesn't smell at all like cannabis.....more like a bakery! I have 17 days left until I chop it.

Back
Top Bottom