New Moon Over Guawi: A High Brix Journey

I am running that PCP too and its got an amazing smell. Doesn't smell at all like cannabis.....more like a bakery! I have 17 days left until I chop it.

Now I do love the smell of a fresh bakery ;) Wish I was better at discerning smells, seems I hit on
a scent but just cant place it . Last night I was getting rid of a couple yellowing deep leaves and had
to dig down through the top and knocked around some SUPER STICKY / HEAVY THICK buds and hand
was reaching when I finally got hold of the offending leaf. First I thought it smelled like RIPE BANANAS
then No IT was some type of Ripe fruit smell but cant place it Maybe Mango / Guava / Passion Fruit ?

Yeah some of the scents are definitely harder to put a finger on. I wish my sniffer was better!

You and me both ;) OH Just remembered I did not like the wet feel of the buds I rubbed/pushed/moved
so decided to add 2 more small 6" fans for the lower Under Canopy especially with the higher humidity I
noticed the last few days it seemed like a GOOD IDEA :)

Now there are FIVE 6" fans, 3 at top of canopy & 2 under

You and me both ;) OH Just remembered I did not like the wet feel of the buds I rubbed/pushed/moved
so decided to add 2 more small 6" fans for the lower Under Canopy especially with the higher humidity I
noticed the last few days it seemed like a GOOD IDEA :)

Now there are FIVE 6" fans, 3 at top of canopy & 2 under
Sooo your tent is like one of those hurricane booths you can pay to get in at amusement parks?

Sooo your tent is like one of those hurricane booths you can pay to get in at amusement parks?

You would think so :laugh: but not really a heavy blowing wind movement, its actually just enough
that I can see every leaf on both plants jiggle or maybe vibrate just enough so I know they are getting
some. My little tent is small and want to make sure I dont get a wet spot

Duggan always says rh in the range of 40-60 is good. Sounds like you're in the zone! My dehuey stopped giving off warm air it's so cold in my garage. I have my temp controller set at 64 and when it gets down to 62 my hair dryer goes on, that things been working overtime. Turned the dehuey off but if it gets too high I just turn it on and move the intake duct back to the exhaust. Actually been using the huey lately. 4 or 5 weeks left but hope I can move it inside very soon.

You should run the BCP Gazoo! All the cool kids are doing it!:rofl:

Duggan always says rh in the range of 40-60 is good. Sounds like you're in the zone! My dehuey stopped giving off warm air it's so cold in my garage. I have my temp controller set at 64 and when it gets down to 62 my hair dryer goes on, that things been working overtime. Turned the dehuey off but if it gets too high I just turn it on and move the intake duct back to the exhaust. Actually been using the huey lately. 4 or 5 weeks left but hope I can move it inside very soon.

You should run the BCP Gazoo! All the cool kids are doing it!:rofl:

Oh yea the RH is in the range But the High 50s is were I need get involved to head it off ;)

The BCP is a 50/50 indica/sativa I think and wanted to run a 100% Sativa just to see what happens
in a SCROG small tent plus
Purple Haze x Malawi Feminized
100% sativa
are already on the way.

Still not sure what I want to run with her was thinking another GUAWI to see if it was just a pheno thing

Tape for ideal soil temp project?

Interesting you should mention that I have been monitoring soil temp at root ball and
dont see a constant temp. The temps level out until DRENCH and interestingly it rises for 4 or 5 days
and then settles back just in time for the next Drench. Still need another grow to make sure what
I am seeing is really whats going on (never calibrated my new temp probes this run :confused:)

You know its kind of interesting. I am running my African Meltdown which is a cross of a Mozambique and Chernobyl. By all accounts, the stretch that everyone else that is growing it is crazy. Since flipping it, we have cooled down a lot up here and my day to night temp swings aren't much 65-68 at night and 70-73 during the day. I am not getting much stretch at all....I actually wanted a little bit and am kind of disappointed LOL. I went from being worried to disappointed. Might be some truth to that trick. And if so....winter time will definitely be the Sativa growing season for us.

Purple Haze x Malawi should stretch plenty. That Old Timers Haze is out of control and tough to do indoors with success. I did the Panama Haze and she was an unruly beast. The smoke was fantastic but I doubt I'd try that again indoors. Maybe you'll prove some things about controlling the stretch with your new found info.

Cool thanks thats exactly what I'm looking for AS far as stretch is concerned, want to see if the combination of

11/13
Lower temps at lights on, for an hour or so.
Far-Red addition.
Sun-Rise / Sun-Set routine
along with the SCROG.
May be helping to keep things short ?

You know its kind of interesting. I am running my African Meltdown which is a cross of a Mozambique and Chernobyl. By all accounts, the stretch that everyone else that is growing it is crazy. Since flipping it, we have cooled down a lot up here and my day to night temp swings aren't much 65-68 at night and 70-73 during the day. I am not getting much stretch at all....I actually wanted a little bit and am kind of disappointed LOL. I went from being worried to disappointed. Might be some truth to that trick. And if so....winter time will definitely be the Sativa growing season for us.

Also the statement in the article about the stretch happening in the FIRST few hours of lights on
could be behind some reports of "I Swear she is growing right before my eyes" I have been known
to watch my GIRLS for a few hours at lights on so I can see how it may seem that way.

OH Something else I noticed last night at LIGHTS ON

I See way MORE trichome production under my UV A/B T5 bulbs than in the areas were
its further away. I know they are recommended for Root development and Kinda remember
trichome production was another benefit. May need to swap in a couple more ;) at flower time

EDIT:
Trichomes also help coat the buds, defending them from harmful UV rays. By providing shadows, the plant can better control the amount of light it lets into flowers.

Another article
Trichomes are also the “sunscreen” of growing marijuana plants. Trichomes protect it from the sun’s ultraviolet rays as well as high wind and low humidity.

Ok its a protection thing against the UV Rays, Well I can use that to my advantage;)

EDIT: EDIT:

Another abstract about UV B
Abstract

The effects of UV‐B radiation on photosynthesis, growth and cannabinoid production of two greenhouse‐grown C. sativa chemotypes (drug and fiber) were assessed. Terminal meristems of vegetative and reproductive tissues were irradiated for 40 days at a daily dose of 0, 6.7 or 13.4 kJ m‐2 biologically effective UV‐B radiation. Infrared gas analysis was used to measure the physiological response of mature leaves, whereas gas‐liquid chromatography was used to determine the concentration of cannabinoids in leaf and floral tissue.

There were no significant physiological or morphological differences among UV‐B treatments in either drug‐ or fiber‐type plants. The concentration of Δ9‐tetrahydrocannabinol (Δ9‐THC), but not of other cannabinoids, in both leaf and floral tissues increased with UV‐B dose in drug‐type plants. None of the cannabinoids in fiber‐type plants were affected by UV‐B radiation.

The increased levels of Δ9‐THC in leaves after irradiation may account for the physiological and morphological tolerance to UV‐B radiation in the drug‐type plants. However, fiber plants showed no comparable change in the level of cannabidiol (a cannabinoid with UV‐B absorptive characteristics similar to Δ9 THC). Thus the contribution of cannabinoids as selective UV‐B filters in C. sativa is equivocal.

Week 4 from First Pistils

week4_across_top_both_1.jpg
week4_top_both_3.jpg

GDP

week4_across_top_gdp_1.jpg
week4_across_top_gdp_2.jpg
week4_across_top_gdp_3.jpg
week4_gdp_1.jpg
week4_gdp_bud_3.jpg
week4_gdp_bud_8.jpg

Back
Top Bottom