New Moon Over Guawi: A High Brix Journey

Beautiful Gazoo! Those are frosting up nicely. You still have nice green petioles too....:goodjob:

Thanks, I'm also impressed with the green petioles all the way through so far :green_heart:
I am convinced the UVA/B T5s have increased the Frost its fairly obvious in person you
can see the buds closes to the UV bulbs have much more frost than the ones at the front
were they are the furthest away. I'm using the recommended mix of UV but cant help
but want to try "MORE" wonder how much is to much :)

Dang Gazoo, those are some frosty ass buds for only 4 weeks post pistils! Really great work!

Thanks, I suspect the GDP is on faster schedule due to the FAR-RED sleepy time addition :slide: so liking
the faster Frost. I may be able to harvest early

You know you might be good at this whole growing thing..

Once I found the kit and took away the NEED to worry about the nutritional needs of the plant it
has become way to easy, I just watch/listen and try to note the clues I can use to keep it all in ballance

Picture perfect ScrOG and really nice frosty buds!:high-five:

Thanks, I'm very happy with the SCROG staying so even especially since I tested fate running both
UN-TOPPED SATIVA & INDICA in my little grow space :yummy:

Plant terpenes: defense responses, phylogenetic analysis, regulation and clinical applications

Plant terpenes: defense responses, phylogenetic analysis, regulation and clinical applications

TERPINE_TEXT.png

Oh just in case anyone is interested I still have a good army of KRAKEN (Lady Bugs) in there home
and on and around the plants. Its hard to get pictures of them when I take photos, I take the pictures
after the T5s come on but before the HPS (more natural light for photo) but its still to cool for them
at that time and they are still asleep under the leafs

Oh and if the GDP Keeps putting on the SUN SCREEN my next week photos will look like little
snow cones ;)

lady_1.jpg

Was just reading the NOVEMBER full MOON article link send to me by moongiant, found it very interesting
so did a copy paste below to share with my friends

Oh yeh I am hoping to do my FIRST CAT on the upcoming NEW MOON (Nov 7th) or as close as I can
get it. Looks like I will need to stall as much as I can to meet that time, my schedule would normally
be tomorrow or the next day so will try and delay for a few days

November's Full Moon

With the changing of the seasons, November’s full moon marks the beginning of the end. This year, it is the very last full moon before the winter solstice, which makes it the Mourning Moon according to Pagan tradition. In many different cultures, November’s full moon is intimately connected with death and loss, on both a literal and symbolic level. The Celts, for instance, called it the Reed Moon, comparing the mournful music made by wind instruments to the ghoulish sounds of spirits being drawn into the underworld. And not without good reason - the Full Mourning Moon marks a dangerous time of the year where people could easily slip into the underworld with a single misstep.

We may enjoy the luxury of winter coats and central heating now, but freezing to death during the long, dark winters used to be a very real threat to early inhabitants of Northern America. In order to survive, making warm winter clothing out of beaver fur was crucial for American colonists and Native American tribes. This is why November’s full moon is also known as the Beaver Moon. During this month, beavers are very active, working hard on dam construction, and so this was a good time to start harvesting their fur.

Missing the timing for this would mean death for these early Northern American communities, as the rivers would freeze over, making it impossible to set out traps. Many Native American tribes, incuding the Cree, Arapaho, and Abenaki tribes, called November’s full moon the “Moon When Rivers Start to Freeze”. This name drives home the importance of November’s full moon as a signal for these Native American tribes to begin trapping beavers before it was too late, as well as to complete their preparations for the darkest depths of winter.

For the Pagans, on the other hand, the final stage of their winter preparations involve the very important process of “mourning” - which is why they call the last moon before the winter solstice the Mourning Moon. After a full year of accumulating posessions, both physically and otherwise, the Mourning Moon is the perfect time to let go of old, unnecessary things, while giving yourself permission to mourn their passing. Practicing Pagans may perform a moonlit ritual where they write down the things they want to rid themselves of, and ask their Goddess for help in removing unwanted burdens.

Pagan traditions aside, anyone can benefit from taking the time to self-reflect and to let go. Take advantage of the Full Mourning Moon this November to look back on your year and take stock of your desires, your ambitions, your mental and behavioral habits, and the people you spend your energy on. Clean your living and work spaces, and sort out the physical objects that are not contributing to your well-being. Take the time to fully mourn and let go of anything - or anyone - that does not bring you joy, so that you can begin to move forward, unfettered, towards a lighter and happier new year.

GDP Got her First Cat lights on last night and the GUAWI will get her first tonight
Interestingly I got 4 to 5 cups run-off this time (1 to 2 cups more than normal). Will
delay the next cat a few extra days.

Another article on controlling stretch with Day/Night Dif

Day/Night Differential (DIF)
and
Maintain Your Differences: A Guide to Daytime and Nighttime Temperature Differential
and
Understanding Circadian Rhythms in Plants

=========================================================================

Improving the Flavor of Crops with Photoperiodism

Modifying the light and dark interval at various times and often for only a relatively short period of time can help to change key hormone production and result in a desired improvement.

Modification of light intensity is significant and can be modified at specific times within the growth cycle to obtain differing effects. Modifying the light frequency or spectrum during key growth phases is another technique being studied with success today.

These lighting recipes can be very useful to research and implement, and together with ambient temperature control are potentially powerful aspects of a lighting growth recipe that can be used to maximize your yield and optimize quality.

Light-related aspects of plant growth strategies are among the newest technologies being studied and utilized to achieve many of the taste and nutritional aspects of the food we grow.

OK thinking of picking up all the DJ SHORT packs in this listing
there are 4 pages to chose from .

here is part of the listing.

"never been opened. All of the seeds are in original breeder packaging, vacuum sealed, then put in Mylar pouches and in a fridge kept at 36 degrees. They are all regular versions as well."

dj.png

EDIT: Decided not to pick them up, Not really set up for Reg seeds

My new plan for FUTURE kit soil storage/cook/timeline

Since my tent is only 2 x 4 x 7 high and the best fit has been 2 Ten gallon rim mount Scrog pots
it works out almost perfect

Only cook the 20 gallons of soil from my newly harvested pots

Going forward at end of Harvest I will use the 20 gal of soil from the 2 TENS and start the cooking
using only that 20 gal amount (1/2 kit) This should work out great WONT need to store cooking soil
since the veg process takes 6 to 8 weeks the new fresh cooked 20 gal will be ready as soon as veg is
finished

In the past I have only been cooking Half a bail anyway so not really any change except I can
adjust the timing now so I dont have to monitor the stored soil temps, will always have a freshly
cooked batch ready to go and wont have to remember which bin is the 1st, 2nd or 3rd run ;)

Oh BTW Its been a 1 1/2 years since I purchased the 1 bail of Pro-Mix and only used half way
through so far (only half way along using it in 2nd run process)

But then you won't get to monitor the temps of the cooking soil. Ha!:rofl:

Sounds like a plan Gazoo!

:passitleft:

Yup just dawned on me last night while spending time with them I could save a lot of space this way
and wont need multiple soil bins, 1st run, used 1st run, 2nd run, Used 2nd run and I have not gotten to the
3rd runs Yet :laugh:

OK Looks like the GDP will probably finish early, Not sure if I like using the Far-Red with the shorter flower times

The GDP is listed @ 60 days and if the Far-Red knocks off a week that would be 53 days

She is @ 5 weeks from First Pistils now and another 2 weeks will be the 7 week mark
so hoping these last 2 weeks produce what I was hoping for. May not use the far-red
in the future for the short flower times?

On the other hand the GUAWI is still going strong after her first Cat. Expecting she will finish with bigger
results ;) Using the FAR-RED on SATIVAs looks like a good fit for my space. Shaving a week or so off the
SATIVA seems to work well ? Maybe an indica with a longer reported flower time would have better result

DAY 113 from POP
35 DAYS from FIRST Pistils
across_both_1.jpg

across_both_2.jpg

BOTH the GUAWI on the LEFT & the GDP on the RIGHT
both_1.jpg

GDP
gdp_10.jpg

GDP
gdp_11.jpg

GDP
gdp_13.jpg

GDP
gdp_4.jpg

GDP
gdp_5.jpg

GDP
gdp_top_1.jpg

GDP
gdp_top_5.jpg

:nomo: Always impressed by your garden and the mass of info you share! Keep up the great work Gazoo :circle-of-love:

Oh and your scrog is awesome too! :bravo:

Thanks Looking forward to the next run have a few tweaks and additions to try out ;)
The GDP SCROG filled very well but looks like the shorter flower time may have limited the yield ?

Oh BTW Its been a 1 1/2 years since I purchased the 1 bail of Pro-Mix and only used half way
through so far (only half way along using it in 2nd run process)

So, how much is that in grains that you have left??? :rofl:

Beautiful pics, Brother and plants look great! :welldone:

GDP looks nice & frosty! :yummy:

Finally sub'd up - sorry it took so long to get here! :popcorn:

Welcome aboard, I was hoping for better out of the GDP but still a few weeks so she may
bulk up, I hope.

Actually I need to go look up the USE of the WAY AHEAD to see if its good for the NITROGEN
Deficiency the GDP may be experiencing ?

So, how much is that in grains that you have left??? :rofl:

I have it ALL left ;) moving through the processes slowly, 1st runs have been run, now working on the 2nd runs
next year will be the 3rd runs and then I will need to pick up another bail. Approx 2.5 to 3 year use RUNNING
2 at a time.

BTW Thats 294,000 grains in 42 lbs ;)

Back
Top Bottom