Nivek's Need to Know Nature - First Grow Journal - 2015

yesterday was watering day for the C clones, the ones in flower. i just happened to take a pic of the canopy so i could post how nice it was coming along. it was not a fert watering this time, i only used my 1/15 or so urine mix, gross, i know,

P1140528.JPG

but,, less than four hours later i had to take another photo, because i had never seen such a reaction to watering before. i have not even once seen the leaves reach for the stars like they did here, less than 4 hrs later

P1140531.JPG

i know you think that was photoshopped but, no, i don't even have photoshop

ok, couple more things then back to watching my plants grow. way better than paint drying, trust me.

the super lemon haze,, anyone ever hear of super dave osbourne? i think of him every time i write or say super lemon haze, ha. anyway, the lemon, as i call it, is no lemon, nope,, and i am thinking of topping it,, right there, at the top,,

P1140530.JPG

that would be just above the third set of leaves,, that would give me six nice shoots coming up to play with and maybe clone one. might do that today, see how bored i get . a great shot of what's left of the stalk skin as well

play with is right too,, i have become quite confident with how pliable and manipulatable they are,, a bit cocky too, oh o, gonna cost me somewhere, just know it, but it's too much fun, bending and breaking branches, tying things up and demanding things do my bidding. i am the king in my lab, yep. do as i say,

P1140526.JPG

not sure why i think of gulliver every time i see this,, the D clone twins are getting a work over,, i am bending and tying them around the pots. a work in progress.. so, a holiday in british columbia on monday,, have a great weekend folks, cheers, nivek

What's the story on that urine at a 1/15 dosage ? Do you have data that suggests this dilution ?
Do you have some reference links ? Do you use any other fertilizer besides urine ?

For people curious, as I was: Human Urine May Represent the Future of Fertilizer

Thanks for putting me on this :)

What's the story on that urine at a 1/15 dosage ? Do you have data that suggests this dilution ?
Do you have some reference links ? Do you use any other fertilizer besides urine ?

For people curious, as I was: Human Urine May Represent the Future of Fertilizer

Thanks for putting me on this :)

I've read similar stuff. I just can't bring myself to pee on my girls technically. I mean if I was R.Kelly and I was grown oh hell yeah I would.

I've read similar stuff. I just can't bring myself to pee on my girls technically. I mean if I was R.Kelly and I was grown oh hell yeah I would.

I'll do a side by side comparison with my next grow for sure .. I'll have one plant live off urine, and the rest off Bio Nova dedicated range, with Aptus regulator, startbooster and topbooster. Pretty darn curious :) I'll try to make the clones that will be running this test as uniform as possible .. test should start in about a week :)

That would be interesting indeed. The Dutchman in me likes saving the cash, the gardener likes the natural approach. I think I would add it to my compost tea.

heya planetj,, i am glad you took the time to do your own research on the urine subject. it maybe possibly almost could be the cure to the whole worlds illness,, or not,, who knows. kidding, of course, but jack herer said hemp could, maybe pee can, add em both together, well, dy-no-mite. maybe. and, you are welcome

i read the same story as your link plus others like it, interesting point about the pharmaceuticals there, how there are trace amounts in urine, of course, if folks smoked more pot, there could be less pharmaceuticals in urine. just snowballs the good reasons to use it,, pot and urine both.

as to my dilution , i see that article says 1 to 5 is about right,, i have never seen that low a concentration mentioned before,, i have mostly read about 10 to 1. i am a chicken because of the ill health i subjected my one and only other flowering plant to. it was so over ferted it was sad,, so, i went easy on the dilution rate to start and just have not yet seen the need to change, yet. seeing that 5 there is gonna make me think though. mine is somewhere between 10 and 15 to one,, and my spray, which i use every day, on everything in the veg room, is much more diluted, and really, i just go by the colour,, as in i don't want much. i do use other fertilizers, miracle bloom in both rooms, i am a rookie, and i use the urine mix almost exclusively as the 'water' in whatever i mix up. i dilute a bit more sometimes, whatever seems right at the time.

i keep wondering,, i don't think i can make my plants look too much healthier,, but i wonder if i can make them grow 'faster'??? you can sure count me in on watching your experiment, thanks. i might have to subject my two D clones to an experiment as well. not less of anything, but one of them higher concentrations. hmmm

canal, the 'free' benefit is the kicker,, and to think how much worth of urine is shit on every day,, it's crazy. it really could be something, the urine thing,

eww, gotta get over that word, cheers

so i was looking at some pictures of my super lemon, trying to think what kind of haircut it could have, two different styles,, this one, normal

P1140536.JPG

or this one,, shorter and much less maintenance,,

P1140537.JPG

i think we decided on the top one,, we are going to keep that one i think

and the D clone twins got a haircut as well,, they had the 'beatles' doo going on,, rebels. just a trimming..

P1140541.JPG

one done. open up some ventilation current channels in there, because soon enough they will be..

P1140540.JPG

this pretty flower was the first to show itself, and after moving things around, adjusting branches etc, this one is right up close to the front, so it will be photographed a lot the next many weeks

yay, salude

a photo, this is a journal after all, of my three D clones. all from the same mama, or at least all from the same two sisters, my C clones. the one in the lower center was cloned three weeks later than the other two. the center one is a new years day baby. this plant still has every leaf that it had when cloned,, i never trimmed any of the leaves when i cloned it, like i probably should have. but i urine misted it a lot and kept it going, it is the only survivor of three that day, but it is a monster. all of the original leaves have grown huge and then some

P1140547.JPG

this is jan 01

IMG_0030120.JPG

i can see this plant will be ready for flower the same time as the other two,, which just happens to be perfect

thanks paka, I am trying to keep it simple, and so far, so good. I have some time right now to (over)tend my garden, will not be the case for long, sadly. simple is best for me,, cheers

dch, absolutely. growth qnd all that type stuff, family pics and whatnot, I do here, with y'all. I have a calendar in my veg room where I write down info on watering, fert used, other info like first spotted flower, weeks into flower, and i even play a game where I try to guess the future of when something will happen, like when my first flowering would be ready, when my clones will be ready for flower. I am trying to get the timing down for a continuous crop, I have four stages and I need one to enter the next to the next to the next, all at the right time. geez that sounds hard, I just scared myself. confidence took a nose dive there let me tell ya.

but, yes, a record or journal of even just for watering and ferts is important, other stuff if one is curious, cheers, niv

just an update on the wee ones. like any proud parent i am always so proud to show new pictures of my younguns, three of them, so happy and healthy

P1140548.JPG

there they are, thats lemon haze top left, the brute of the bunch, older, of course, which explains that,, then dela, that one is a haze as well, just like sis,, then the dopey lookin one below,, well, i just call it 'pat', i just don't know if it's a boy or a girl, yet

Each one uniquely individual nivek. Looking healthy and happy.

Just clone a week before you flip to bloom. And again a week before you end bloom. That way you should have enough rooted plaats at all times.

I take the tops when I top them, and take clones a week before flower, but I have never taken any last week of flower how does that work, didn't think clones would root while flowering, Interesting.

Last week of flower is the time to take clones ... but not your clone source :p I am going on the assumption that there is a mother plant .. or you could snip off some shoots from the now vegging previous clones .. like topping them ;)

Sorry to be unclear :)

Back
Top Bottom