Northern Lights Autos: FoNz's Fabulous First Grow

Yep sounds like your an oiler now. I haven't tried that so early...Yet! Sounds like you had a fun time. I have to remember that's what we're here for.
Yea, I made a late-veg vegetable oil which is extremely mild with some notable bronchodilatory and anti-inflammatory effects but little-to-no psychoactive effects. I was expecting something similar with the butter - a little stronger would make sense. With the way I see people across the web saying trim aside from sugar leaves is useless I had expected maybe a very mild buzz at the most. The butter definitely exceeded expectation, makes me think butter made from sticky flower must pack one hell of a punch.

I'll know soon enough, the THC content has definitely begun to mature in my gals. Fun times to be had for sure, still have 10 cookies to go. :yummy:o_O

There have been less images recently not only because I've been more busy, but also that I've changed the lighting setup a bit and no longer have an easy way to switch to not blurple mode. The plants like the change, tho. I will take some time to get some non-blurple shots this weekend when I'm moving the plants out for tent weekly tent maintenance.

Some for the in between.
IMG_20190326_063219.jpg
IMG_20190326_063235.jpg

I changed up my tent setup once again to incorporate some non-blurple light that I can keep on while switching all the other lights off. Need to be able to see my gals in normal light every now and again without going blind. :p

Runty has a weird leaf and has pistils popping out the top, we are now into flower across all plants.
IMG_20190327_044307.jpg

That leaf has 8 leaflets with one stacked right on top of the other.

Another plant, Chachi, has 9 leaflets on some of her leaves. She is the only one to set 9 leaflets fan leaves.
IMG_20190327_044210.jpg

Eminem has almost all 5 leaflet leaves with a few that are barely 7s.
IMG_20190327_044511.jpg

And Connie's leaves are all narrower than the rest of the plants. Still indica-dominant in structure but definitely showing that sativa heritage a bit too.
IMG_20190327_044449.jpg

Regardless of how similar or different they are of each other, I am proud of how well my gals are growing.
IMG_20190327_044155.jpg

Five pots, five phenotypes, marvelous plants.

I changed up my tent setup once again to incorporate some non-blurple light that I can keep on while switching all the other lights off. Need to be able to see my gals in normal light every now and again without going blind. :p

Runty has a weird leaf and has pistils popping out the top, we are now into flower across all plants.
IMG_20190327_044307.jpg

That leaf has 8 leaflets with one stacked right on top of the other.

Another plant, Chachi, has 9 leaflets on some of her leaves. She is the only one to set 9 leaflets fan leaves.
IMG_20190327_044210.jpg

Eminem has almost all 5 leaflet leaves with a few that are barely 7s.
IMG_20190327_044511.jpg

And Connie's leaves are all narrower than the rest of the plants. Still indica-dominant in structure but definitely showing that sativa heritage a bit too.
IMG_20190327_044449.jpg

Regardless of how similar or different they are of each other, I am proud of how well my gals are growing.
IMG_20190327_044155.jpg

Five pots, five phenotypes, marvelous plants.
There's a tent Full O Joy if I ever saw one! I like autos for the almost out of control grow ride thay take me on. Never a dull moment with them, just trying to keep them in high gear.

IMG_20190401_192640.jpg
IMG_20190401_192554.jpg

Here's a glimpse of some of the buds. They are still young but they are starting to thicken a little.
This weekend I'll be doing a big catch up here on the forums as things should finally be a little slower. Maybe even a photo shoot with the plants if I can even get 'em out of the tent anymore.
The gals are 50 days old today.

I just realized that it is now only 5 days until 8 complete weeks have passed. The breeders time (though I had already expected that to be a rough estimate at best) to harvest was 8 weeks, but my girls are 2-4 weeks from finishing the way I see it.

I was hoping for a longer grow, which hopefully will mean improved yields.

I'd say with a cola looking like that at this age, you're going to be wowed with them. Very nice.

Each plant has 3-4 colas like that, and a whole bunch of smaller ones. I can't imagine how things are gonna look when they start getting thick.

Hey @FoNz your gals are looking really outstanding. I agree that it' much better if auto's go at least a couple of weeks over their specs.
Going to have some nice frosty buds there. Look forward to your yeild results
:popcorn:

Hey FoNz! Been missing you bud!
It's good to have some time to sit down, relax, catch up on things around the forums. I've missed you all too!

Imagining is one of the funnest things about growing this plant.
I hear imagining post-harvest can be fun too! :ganjamon:

looking strong! These are going to frost up well!
Hey @FoNz your gals are looking really outstanding. I agree that it' much better if auto's go at least a couple of weeks over their specs.
Going to have some nice frosty buds there. Look forward to your yeild results
:popcorn:
To be completely honest, I didn't even notice the trich's on the leaves starting to be visible these two pictures until I just looked again. I guess it's probably a good thing to see those forming now? I sure hope they get all frosty, especially for my later photos (holding off on photo of the month submission cuz I think I'll get some nice pics in the second half of the month).
For harvest, I have a nice kitchen scale already so I'll try to get wet, dry/pre-cure, and dry/cured weights with photos.

Subbed up! Plants are looking good! :blunt:
Super happy to have you along PJ!

So as I alluded to elsewhere the largest plant got very nute hungry recently and began showing signs of a few deficiencies. Well, after some remediation of the soil using organic nutes, microbial boosters her color has evened out, her sugar leaves look better than ever and her colas are huge.

In the family photo you can see she's still a bit paler than her sisters, but pulling through. Better pics to come soon.
IMG_20190406_221307.jpg

And of course some bud photos. Still packing on vertical bud growth and new sugar leaves. Early frosting signs becoming more prominent. Even Connie (tall and pale, more struggles) is happily starting to frost up slowly.
IMG_20190406_094024.jpg
IMG_20190406_094039.jpg
IMG_20190406_093936.jpg
IMG_20190406_093925.jpg

So as I alluded to elsewhere the largest plant got very nute hungry recently and began showing signs of a few deficiencies. Well, after some remediation of the soil using organic nutes, microbial boosters her color has evened out, her sugar leaves look better than ever and her colas are huge.

In the family photo you can see she's still a bit paler than her sisters, but pulling through. Better pics to come soon.
IMG_20190406_221307.jpg

And of course some bud photos. Still packing on vertical bud growth and new sugar leaves. Early frosting signs becoming more prominent. Even Connie (tall and pale, more struggles) is happily starting to frost up slowly.
IMG_20190406_094024.jpg
IMG_20190406_094039.jpg
IMG_20190406_093936.jpg
IMG_20190406_093925.jpg
Looking sweet FoNz. What did you see to trigger your decision to do some doctoring? What did the remediation look like?

Back
Top Bottom