Old-School & Young Blood - Grown By An Old Fart

re: Old-School & Young Blood - Grown By An Old Fart

Do you really need a door? Use a curtain instead.

Well, I really do not wish to really need to shoot my cats. Which... now that I think about it, tells me that I am not as lazy as I was once accused of being, lol - because I could have done that in less than a minute ;) .

I'm shooting for insulation value from my homemade tent configuration, so I use that mirrored 1/4in (ish) bubble wrap stuff.

I am of two minds about that. In the Winter, much of my home is unheated and the heated area is rarely above 45°F. But in the Summer, it's a lot like trying to live in an oven. The insulation might be good in the cold months, as it might keep the plants healthy at "night."

I couldn't add bats(?) of that paper-backed fiberglass insulation, because the frame isn't thick enough to provide that deep of a pocket. But I can add rigid foam insulation (and I found some that I must have purchased over 15 years ago when looking around to see what all I collected).

I use AC, so I try to keep it sealed and insulated. I could always use thicker insulation tho... never thick enough. I plan on double walling my wooden frame with a 2nd layer of insulation hung from the inside of the wood frame.

I would like to use an air conditioner! I'd have to learn to read by LED light, lol.

Actually, IDK if that would even be possible here. I'll be getting real close to - probably "somewhat" above at times - 80% of the rated capacity of my electrical system as it is. It appears that they didn't grow cannabis inside 100 years ago :rolleyes3 . Thank goodness for "slow-blow" fuses. But having a/c would be... cool. Maybe if things go well, in the future I can add a couple of timers to the budget for my refrigerator and another item that runs every few minutes, do some horse trading for a used a/c, and stick a timer on that so that it alternates with the other items. IDK... My main concern is not getting caught, but I'd rather not burn the place down around me, either.

Lean a piece of plywood against the tarp. Maybe supported by a chair. If the bottom and sides are secured enough, the descendants of Bastet won't get in, unless they use their telekinesis and teleportation powers.

The motors that tend to pop the circuits are motors that cycle regularly, like the refrigerator, heater, etc. They really suck the amps when they first turn on. If the A/C runs continuously, like the cheepo models, you wont have that electrical surge.

Lean a piece of plywood against the tarp.

LOL. If I had a piece of plywood, it wouldn't be a door - it'd be a wall. I'm rather hoping that they don't manage to get through those. A prior cat pretty much destroyed the inside of my front door in about a week before I was able to find someone who could allow the thing to live outside. Even white vinegar in a spray bottle didn't dissuade the little sh!t, and I've been told that'll keep them away from anything.

As it is, I'll probably have to move the grow into my bedroom and move myself out.

the descendants of Bastet

Mythology and evidence aside, I think the cats I've known came from Kālī.

won't get in, unless they use their telekinesis and teleportation powers.

Lol, I don't think anything for which one of those walnut-sized dinosaur brains would be an upgrade has any psychic powers (psycho, OtOH...). Just mad digging and escape skills. But most cats that I've had were just as happy - if not more so - using their powers of egress... for ingress.

I could always hack up four or five of the old extension cords that I've got in a bag somewhere, leave the ends long & stripped, plug them in to a power strip that doesn't seem to be useful for anything else (its circuit breaker trips >5 amps), and leave them dangling around the front of the box. I figure they'd either get bit and run, or they'd be like every other stupid cat (which is all of them) I've owned when something has bitten it, and keep going back for more. If the latter, it wouldn't be murder, it'd be suicide.

The motors that tend to pop the circuits are motors that cycle regularly, like the refrigerator, heater, etc. They really suck the amps when they first turn on. If the A/C runs continuously, like the cheepo models, you wont have that electrical surge.

You must have some freaking cheap electricity up there in Alaska! Aside from that, how do you keep it from freezing up? I understand that I could work the temperature sensor out of its proper place inside the unit and move it to a hot spot in order to stop the compressor from cycling, but... Well, I just don't think it'd be conducive to stealth to have a window a/c unit running constantly. Especially since I've been known to stagger out of my house on the hottest, sunniest days to collapse under a tree for relief, lol. (My home seems to have the thermal characteristics of one of those 1970s (et cetera) house trailers. Or a German WWII-era sweatbox. Same thing, I suppose...)

I hope to get by with a fan for now. Hopefully, by the time August <SIGH> gets here I can build a carbon filter and get a bigger fan / open the window. In the Winter, I'll probably be able to do away with the fan and cool passively. Well... My intention is to reroute any exhaust air so that it heats the space that I'll be in.

If work doesn't pick up pretty soon, I might try to get a job in fast food. Last time I was able to go to Taco Bell to get a bean burrito and a whole sack full of fire sauce (lol), I noticed that they were hiring and heard one person gripe to another that they were always shorthanded. <SHRUGS> I'm not qualified to work there, since I have a diploma and haven't just gotten out of prison, but maybe if I drool on my shoes whilst talking to them....

LOL, TS! Most of us don't have AC except in our cars, and we only need that about 2 weeks around Summer Solstice. Me, I just open all the windows and turn on all the floor fans. Even mobile homes built in the 90's get hot, even tho they have superior insulation.

reusing exhausted hot air is a good way to keep the gas/oil bill down in winter. When I lived in the Interior, I vented the dryer into the house, not out through the wall.

Nothing wrong with food service. Everyone likes to eat out, or drive through. You'll never be out of a job.

LOL, TS! Most of us don't have AC except in our cars, and we only need that about 2 weeks around Summer Solstice. Me, I just open all the windows and turn on all the floor fans. Even mobile homes built in the 90's get hot, even tho they have superior insulation.

I forgot where you live.

Yeah, I'm sure that newer model trailers have more/better insulation than I have in my house. Maybe even older ones, lol, this place must have been built by someone that hated life - it's got none of the amenities or modern (/ancient) comforts, but was constructed just well enough that it didn't collapse and give him a chance to reconsider on the next one. What can I say, it's... home.

When I lived in the Interior, I vented the dryer into the house, not out through the wall.

I had to live in an apartment for a couple years once. It had a laundry room, with a normal dryer vent. The landlord/company redid a bunch of stuff for ADA compliance - not in my apartment, per se, but they ate the space that was my laundry room and gave me a more or less comparable sized space at the other end. When they got all done, I realized that they hadn't installed a dryer vent. Oh, and it was a completely interior room. So I tried one of those @#%^ things that are supposed to filter out the dryer lint. It didn't work all that well, there was visible dust in the air, had to clean 3x more often, and the HVAC filter got obstructed way quicker. I finally got fed up and cut a hole through my wall into the interior wall space and ducted it into there, lol. (I wonder if the building ever developed issues from that?) I'm sure must be better filtration setups out there (there would just about have to be better ones than the two that I tried :rolleyes3 ), but I got frustrated and gave up. If I owned a dryer now, I'd probably end up trying to figure something out for the Winter. Doesn't get cold like you see, I'm sure - it is rare to see more than a handful of days below 0°F, and the likelihood of it dropping to -20°F is so slim that, when it does, they talk about it for several years afterwards - but I still have to heat my kitchen and bathroom above freezing so the pipes don't burst on me.

I thought about trying to build some kind of setup that had black water tanks which would absorb heat from the sunlight, and then get pumped into the house to supply a modicum of heat once, but it started taking on aspects of a Rube Goldberg machine, so I decided that it wasn't practical.

Nothing wrong with food service.

Taco Bell isn't food service. Neither "food," nor "service" belongs in any sentence which contains "Taco Bell" in it, unless there is a negative between them. They haven't even chopped their own produce since the 1990s, it comes in big bags (pretty much everything that comes out of a Taco Bell wrapper entered the store in big bags). Which explains how one can order an item that has tomatoes on it... and end up getting five or more of those pieces that everyone else throws into their compost pile - what the person is eating did not come from one tomato, it came as the result of a negotiated contract to purchase the absolute lowest-quality supplies, which means the stuff that the supplier is unable to sell to anyone else (even the people who make canned tomato soup).

OtOH, I agree with the sentiment of your statement. I worked in a restaurant 25+ years ago. It was okay. I didn't think I'd make it through my first shift because they wouldn't let us smoke in the kitchen, lol - but then I saw the other cook using one of the grease traps for an ashtray and I thought, "I can do this," ;) . There was a salad bar that we could eat free from and we got like 10% off (most) other things. I worked evenings and there were supposed to be three cooks, but we only had two. Then the other one quit or got fired for being in jail or something and it was just me. The boss told the dishwasher to help me whenever they got busy - which was pretty much always, as it was a pretty big place - but <SHUDDERS> I wouldn't have eaten what he was capable of slopping onto a plate, so I told the guy just to keep on washing dishes unless/until I flipped out and quit. Most evenings there'd be a half-hour or 45 minutes when it was slow enough to grab a bite to eat. So I was cooking my nightly steak, lol, and the boss happened to walk in for some reason. He looked at the orders, looked at me, looked at the steak... "Who are you cooking that for?" "I'm cooking it for you, boss." "Hmm... Well I like mine medium-rare, so go ahead and eat it and I'll have the next one." I guess one cook going nuts 80% of the time was fine, but no cooks meant he wouldn't have gotten a bonus or something, IDK. Anyway, he never asked me why I didn't eat from the salad bar ("Because I've seen what people do to the filthy <BLEEP>!") or why I never filled out a ticket for the 6-12 steaks per week I ate (err... I used to be a big eater), and I never decked him for not giving me a helper - or two - and walked out. Who knows, maybe I'd still be an employee of the company had I not moved. When I put in my notice you'd think I was telling him that I'd just served him his dog or something, lol, said he'd told "regional" that I ought to be encouraged to enter their management training program. I told him he'd have to give me mileage and hourly wages for the 300+ mile drive to/from work and he finally quit b!tching and moaning. Tell you the truth, though, there were only two or three other employees that I could actually stand. The boss must have waited outside the local strip clubs for them to toss someone who couldn't even keep her sh*t together enough to do that so he could ask, "Hey, would you like to work for me as a waitress?" OtOH, our deep freeze got... used... so much, it's a wonder that the food didn't thaw.

Smokin the Sativa, I see .... ;-)

Not in recent memory, sadly. But, yes, that has always been my preference. I've never been real big on downers, lol. I'll have an urge every few years or so - but for that, a good single malt - such as The Macallan - generally suffices (and, fortunately(?), is too expensive to worry about becoming a regular thing).

Im in for the ride :) cant wait to see how its going.
:thumb:
Have uprooted a few plants because of paranoia so I know the feeling.
Is a led board cheaper in electricity than ..lets say 4 cfl 40W ? (6500k)

That question depends on the model of LED board. There are vastly different models, and you have to compare actual draw from socket compared with wavelength., penetration, and a bunch of other factors I cannot wrap my head around. I ended up using 2 MARS 300 panels and supplementing with about a dozen 23W CFLs placed low, to light up the shady spots. That was for flower.

For Veg I go a dozen or more 23W cfls with reflectors, placed up, down, and around the plants. They seem to like the set up, so that is all I worry about.

AK... I have seen many models of LED and I am thinking.. 4-6 plants... still bagseeds... checking out strains...but I am paranoid...
I dont want to go totally off topic... and sorry TS for using your journal...but..I read somewhere in a guide or journal that one plant needs 150 W worth of light with cfl and yes distributed in type 40w or lower... I have read so much and sometimes I see contradictions...which confuses me big... I need to look into power costs on both.

But any ways... I am following this journal because I like the way TS thinks and I am a DIY person myself

Hey, TS!!! I recently got back on :420: after taking a few years off myself and it's great to see you back, too! :high-five:

I'm assuming the nute provider you referred to in your first post was those "Blue" guys. It's not why I took time away, but was a little concerned when I read of it, too.

FYI...you can still use the white "tarp" (I use that panda stuff) and for about $10, turn it into a door by cutting it down the middle (vertically) and adding a "Tarp Zipper" (Search and you'll find it!), which basically, tapes on:

1661629606758.png

I think it will keep the cats out! ;)

I hope all is well, Brother, and look forward to seeing you growing again! :thumb:

Happy Harvests!

K

Im in for the ride :) cant wait to see how its going.

Well, lol... For a while it was idling, then it raced off and crashed. Then... it ran out of gas. That was then. Now, however:

In a day or two, I should be able to post a picture (or two?) of the grow area, along with the Amare Technologies LED panel. I am not certain, yet, whether this will be the permanent grow area - but it will be fine for the time being, will not be liable to emergency shut-downs for any reason short of a disaster <TS KNOCKS ON WOOD>, and in theory (and probably in practice as well) should suffice for a permanent location if I am unable to set up something that I like better. In other words, even though it is not what I had hoped to put together in terms of dimensions, reflectivity of the walls, and a few other things... I am just about ready to go and should be able to keep going until harvest, one way or another.

Have uprooted a few plants because of paranoia so I know the feeling.

I have literally uprooted my life due to paranoia, lol. But experience has taught me that, "Hey, ha ha, it turns out that you did not need to do that after all," are not nearly as painful as the worst that could happen if one ignored one's feelings of paranoia. So... <SHRUGS>, lol.

Is a led board cheaper in electricity than ..lets say 4 cfl 40W ? (6500k)

That's like asking if it's cheaper to drive "a car" to work than it is to drive your truck. I suppose, since I know the wattage of your CFLs, but do not know the wattage of the LED panel that you are considering as a replacement, the only answer I can really give is, "Maybe."

Alternate answer: Your lighting is currently consuming ~160 watts of electricity. If the LED panel that you replace the CFLs with consumes less, then, "Yes." Otherwise, "No."

There are vastly different models, and you have to compare actual draw

^THIS^

wavelength., penetration, and a bunch of other factors I cannot wrap my head around.

Those are important in terms of efficiency, et cetera. And, actually, I wouldn't say that there are a "bunch" of other factors (a few, yes).

I ended up using 2 MARS 300 panels and supplementing with about a dozen 23W CFLs

From random webpages that I have looked at after doing some searching about LED panels for growing in general, I got the impression that lots of people use CFL supplementation for those. I'm not saying that means anything against that brand... I think that, sometimes, people purchase an LED panel and expect it to cover a larger area than it is really adequate for (especially when growing a "light-loving" plant such as cannabis). While it is possible to have too much light, I've seen more (far, far more) situations where a grower did not have enough light for their chosen grow space.

Your supplementation adds light (more or less) in the spectra where it is of most benefit, and you have also added to the gross amount of illumination. I have seen research that led me to believe that, after certain minimums are met, additional illumination can be of benefit even if its spectrum is not "perfect." Which might go a long way towards explaining why HPS illumination gives such good results in terms of yield per watt even though its spectral output is not the best. I have seen a chart that showed some other forms of lighting to outperform it (strictly in terms of PAR output per watt) but, nonetheless, the experimentation grow that went along with it showed that the HPS was the ultimate winner...

The LED panel that I'm using outputs 350 watts. It consumes a tiny bit more, around 362 or 367 watts IIRC, but it is still quite efficient. If I can find my Kill-A-Watt electricity meter/monitor at some point in the next few weeks, I'll post the exact figures. I am using this panel in a space that is nine square feet in area. That gives approximately 38.8(888888...) watts per square foot. That is significantly less than I have used in the past, at least for flowering. I've generally agreed with the "minimum 50 watts per square foot" suggestion for HID (HPS/MH) lighting - and up to double that when using CFLs - but, in practice, tried to consider 62.5 watts/ft.² as a practical minimum (and often went higher - but I like growing sativas, lol).

On the other hand, the recommended minimum watts/ft.² number for growing under LED lighting is somewhat lower. It's generally given as a range, due to the somewhat extreme difference between the best/most efficient LED panels and the worst. This panel, for its output wattage, could be considered to be "a bit of a beast" ;) . I will not be adding supplemental lighting to its footprint area because this is a sponsored grow; I wish to see what it is capable of and to show others as well (and to learn as much as I can about it, specifically, and growing cannabis under LED lighting in general). But I do not think I would have any need to add additional lighting even if I did not have that motivation. If you'd like to see what I mean by that, you can see pictures of the same model (SE350+UVB) in action in posts #112 and #113 of this thread (the link should take you straight to post #112):
Amare Technologies: Questions, Answers & Results
...and if you are considering purchasing this model, know that it has been superseded by the SE450+UVB, which is a generation newer in terms of technology, has more efficient - and powerful - COBs, and outputs 100 watts more.

AK... I have seen many models of LED and I am thinking.. 4-6 plants.

When shopping for your lighting, do not think in terms of number of plants - think of the square footage (square, err, meterage, lol?) of your grow space. It's like shopping for an air conditioner - the output of that air conditioner doesn't magically all go towards cooling YOU, it cools the entire room(/building) that it is running in. It's up to the grower to decide how many plants he/she is going to place in that space, how large to grow them, et cetera.

still bagseeds.

One of the five best sacks of bud I have ever smoked didn't come from seedbank genetics, lol, it came from Mexico (or, possibly, Central or South America). I don't know if I mentioned it here or not (probably did <SHRUGS>), but I'll never forget smoking a joint with a friend one day, seeing this giant bird zooming straight at me, dropping flat to the ground in a panic, having that SoB clear me by inches (I won't bother trying to replicate the sound effects, use your imagination ;) )... then jumping back up and spinning around to see where it went... only to remember that we had been leaning against the tall - and very solid - wall of a schoolhouse! I turned to my buddy to tell him that it was a false alarm and that I must have been tripping when he said/asked something like, "Wow, did you see that?" ("Err... What?" "I don't know, man - but it was COOL!"). Other than the... possible halucenigenic properties of it, it was the classic highly potent and fully mature sativa... No ceiling whatsoever, the more you smoked, the higher you got. And with every toke, your mind expanded and your thoughts got that much more complex - right up to (and then right past) the point where you couldn't understand them, yourself, lol.

I've been looking for that buzz every since. That's why I started growing cannabis in the first place. Years ago, I had one seed (out of many) of Neville's Haze that grew into a plant which had hints of it. I'd have probably picked that strain, but its breeder (Mr. Nice) wasn't a choice and, besides, I don't really have the time, money, time, space, time, or... well... the patience to go on the journey of finding that one perfect keeper phenotype (for ME) of Neville's Haze these days. And did I mention the time, lol? The one I ended up choosing took (IIRC) around 17½ or 18 weeks to flower, and that's from a clone off of a mature mother plant. The breeder's description has always stated something like "...the plants that go longer than 16 weeks indoor will really not be of value..." - I always got a kick out of that; when choosing one's own personal "head-stash herb," the only thing that really counts is the quality of what you put into your jar. You can always grow more - but you can't magically turn so-so cannabis into Something Truly Special.

And I think I'm now officially rambling.

checking out strains...but I am paranoid.

I can understand paranoia. If you are specifically paranoid about ordering from a seed bank, well... there really is no perfect solution unless you want to fly somewhere, purchase the seeds in person, and fly back (and even that isn't perfect, lol; personally, I have no wish to be molested by someone whose salary is paid by my own tax dollars :mad: ). On the other hand, I have... heard... that Gorilla Seed Bank's has a pretty safe "stealth shipping option," for those who choose to use it. And, since they are a sponsor, you would be helping one of the entities that help support this forum and keep it free for all of us to use. I've also heard they give free seeds depending on the amount of your order (and whether or not you enter the current coupon code on your order), and give a cash discount. But... use your own judgement. Here is a link to their website:
Gorilla Seed Bank | Worldwide Cannabis Seeds Delivery

I dont want to go totally off topic.

So don't discuss the boils on 17th century knights' feet, then ;) .

and sorry TS for using your journal.

Somebody ought to get some use out of it, lol. Besides, I'll talk about just about anything except for... well... I won't talk about that.

I read somewhere in a guide or journal that one plant needs 150 W worth of light

I read somewhere that Elvis is alive and working as a short order cook somewhere in Arizona. Size your lighting to your room. It's "a little" difficult to give hard and fast rules regarding how much light a cannabis plant requires, since the plant may vary in size from small enough to fit nine into one square foot to large enough that one plant will fill an eight square foot, twelve square foot, or even larger area - I once read of an Australian grow that had something like 10,000 watts of lighting... for one plant, lol.

I like the way TS thinks

I think that might officially be listed as a symptom in several psychaitric reference books ;) .

and I am a DIY person myself

Good to know. Like they say, necessity is a mother. Or something like that.

Hey, TS!!! I recently got back on :420: after taking a few years off myself

Glad you're back.

I'm assuming the nute provider you referred to in your first post was

<COUGH> No need to assume.

It's not why I took time away

One hopes you weren't forcibly detained somewhere. Especially if it was the nuthatch. An ex-GF has spent about half her adult life in one (in stretches of various lengths), which seems to kill a piece of her each time. And a great aunt spent like 35 years in one - but it turned out that she was never batsh!t crazy to begin with, someone just decided to have her comitted and I guess the faculty figured, hey, she must be nuts or she wouldn't be there. Or else they just didn't care. With state run mental "health" facilities, I suppose you could flip a coin. If given the choice between one of those places and prison... Well, my arse is exit-only, lol, so I'd probably take the third option and find a short rope, something to tie it to, and a chair that'd be easy to kick out from under me.

FYI...you can still use the white "tarp" (I use that panda stuff) and for about $10, turn it into a door by cutting it down the middle (vertically) and adding a "Tarp Zipper" (Search and you'll find it!), which basically, tapes on

I looked at all the stores within walking distance. No luck. But thanks for the suggestion. I did once see something like that in my mother's sewing box - but that was only six or eight inches long (and it must have been nearly 40 years ago). Probably a great product for the DiY crowd who can find it locally, though.

I think it will keep the cats out!

I've had cats that doors failed to keep out. And one cat (RiP) used to get a wild hair about once a week and open the refrigerator so he could get his own food. Actually, he'd get MY food. You'll have that when your cat thinks it's a person (and weighs over 20 pounds with almost none of that being fat). OtOH, he would use the commode, so I guess it was a fair trade. Ones I have now insist on using a litter box. I wonder if I went and crapped in it, would they start using the commode out of spite, lol? Ah, who am I kidding? It's annoying enough to have to carry their waste to the curb, I'm certainly not going to start toting mine.

I hope all is well

I wouldn't go that far. I called the doctor's office and they could tell enough over the phone that I was told I'd have to settle the bill at the time of my appointment. Either that or they're just a bunch of pr!cks. At least the vet, upon hearing that I'd sold both my welder and Cannondale at fire-sale prices but was still $100 short for the surgery, would not have it before the scheduled date, and since we all pretty much agreed that he'd be dead shortly if he didn't get it, I'd probably better just cancel outright instead of trying to reschedule... made a loud sighing noise and told me to go ahead and bring him in and we'd work out a payment plan.

look forward to seeing you growing again!

I think, at this point in my life, that I'm seriously unlikely to get any taller. Or fatter either, lol - I think tapeworms look at me, shudder, and head somewhere else because they don't want to starve to death.

Happy Harvests!

Here's hopin'....

Hi
Thanks for heads up and answers :)
Since I have been checking up on LED panels,, it seems like a good idea, but I most probably will build it myself ...lol.. I am a bird of , many talents.
And yes I use cm sq meter measurements :D
At the moment due to (still illegal here) no money my so far virtual (in mind) grow space will use cfl and led bulbs..

One hopes you weren't forcibly detained somewhere. Especially if it was the nuthatch. An ex-GF has spent about half her adult life in one (in stretches of various lengths), which seems to kill a piece of her each time. And a great aunt spent like 35 years in one - but it turned out that she was never batsh!t crazy to begin with, someone just decided to have her comitted and I guess the faculty figured, hey, she must be nuts or she wouldn't be there. Or else they just didn't care. With state run mental "health" facilities, I suppose you could flip a coin. If given the choice between one of those places and prison... Well, my arse is exit-only, lol, so I'd probably take the third option and find a short rope, something to tie it to, and a chair that'd be easy to kick out from under me.

I looked at all the stores within walking distance. No luck. But thanks for the suggestion. I did once see something like that in my mother's sewing box - but that was only six or eight inches long (and it must have been nearly 40 years ago). Probably a great product for the DiY crowd who can find it locally, though.

Nope, I was NOT forcibly detained anywhere (well, my office!) :wood: and, now that you mention it, I guess I need to explain when telling people I took a few years away. :rofl:

Based on geography and the number of plants I had when doing the SOG, I just thought it best to keep a lower profile at the time.

FYI...you can get the tarp zipper on that Amazin' online store that has everything. :winkyface:

Lol. Yes, I figured it'd be available there. I'm trying to avoid purchasing things via the Internet if I can spend the money locally and help a business that actually has a physical presence.

Well... In general I mean. Right now I'm broke. I just walked clear across town yesterday so that I could pay an overdue water bill (and get it turned back on :embarrassment: ) because when it was only "due," Mom needed my money more than I did and I ended up ignoring a couple of bills. Catching up literally cleaned me out - I think I have about four cents to my name.

I do agree that one can construct a serviceable grow area out of some kind of opaque material (preferably one that is fairly reflective on light on the side which will become the area's interior). Various types of plastic (et cetera) are available which are easy to work with, and things like small-diameter PVC and CPVC pipe are readily available, reasonably inexpensive, and easy to work with since they can be cut using either a ratcheting tool made for the purpose or a hacksaw (etc.) with an appropriate blade and - unlike metal pipe - plastic pipe does not require threading, only the proper cleaner/prep and adhesive product. Fittings such as couplers, Ts, and various elbows are also available for it.

I'd have to set such a thing up in a room that could not be closed off. I am not greatly concerned about a visitor seeing it. There is a little of that, but - for the most part - if I trust someone enough to invite them into my home, that means that I trust them, lol. Several years ago, I stuck four cats into a bathroom and closed the door because we would be in and out over the course of about eight hours, moving some furniture out and other in (my home seems to have become the family furniture storage area). When I opened that bathroom door afterwards, I only saw one cat - because one(?) of the others had literally dug its way through the wall(!!!) and three of them left on their own. Also, both one of my door frames and one of my brothers have been somewhat shredded by cats. I guess that critters - that way up to 20+ pounds - who can "run" up telephone poles when they take a notion must have sturdy claws and a strong set of muscles behind them... But I never would have expected one to be capable of making it's own ^#$! doorway in just a few hours :rolleyes3 . Ever since then, I have considered structures that were not built out of sturdy materials to be contraindicated here. Plus... This LED panel weighs 32 or 33 pounds, so I need a little bit of support for it.

That is at my house. The grow is at an alternate location. It is "permanently available," so there is no worry of losing it. But the person stated that if I wish to place a "container" there, it should at least appear to be something that came out of a factory, lol (IOW, a grow tent ought to be fine, but not something that looks like I taped it together ;) ). If I had the money, I could construct something that looked like a clothes closet and finish the exterior (or even add some kind of veneer product).

I'm just rambling. I'll try to get those pictures late this evening.

:cheesygrinsmiley::laughtwo::popcorn:
It is fun and interesting to read..so ramble away.
Yes broke is a common word we share..but resourcefulness is free :) and I have plenty of that.
Cardboard boxes..free too. Plenty of those too. duct tape, aluminium foil, frames of plastic/wood.. easy to come by. Lights /cords/plugs/sockets cheap...
it is going to look like a "clowns house" but it will get the job done.

Hope all is well in your world.

Is this grow still alive?

We would love to be updated with some pictures and info.

How about posting a 420 Strain Review?

If you need any help with posting photos, please read our Photo Gallery Tutorial.

I am moving this to Abandoned Journals until we get updates.

Sending you lots of love and positive energy.

:Namaste:

Back
Top Bottom