OldMedMan's 2nd Grow 5 Strains and AirPots

Subscribed. Hey OMM! Thanx for not giving up! This grow should be better than the last. You say you're not a DIY guy, but I think you did a great job on those grow boxes. Not only are you carrying on, but you're experimenting with the air pots. I can't wait to see them in action! They look like they will work well.
:bravo::goodluck:

OMM,
I will shoot you a PM very soon. We will be on your rock for a week. Scouting out possible locations to live. Mrs has submitted her application and has a pre-interview while we are there. Looking forward to meeting you.

Yep..me too.

Subscribed. Hey OMM! Thanx for not giving up! This grow should be better than the last. You say you're not a DIY guy, but I think you did a great job on those grow boxes. Not only are you carrying on, but you're experimenting with the air pots. I can't wait to see them in action! They look like they will work well.
:bravo::goodluck:

Hi tricome Just couldn't quit.....it should be a better grow:grinjoint:
I'm excited about the AirPots, I hope they do well. Gonna be fun either way.
Glad to have you on board for the ride. :grinjoint:

Oh I'm noooooooo good at DIY. Youre full of it old man.:rofl: I can see how nicely u cut the fan holes. You know exactly what you're doing mate.:thumb: Plants look like some super healthy little bushes too.:goodjob:I'm excited to see how root pruning affects growth. :grinjoint::peace:

I just love your journal's OMM, I come here and it just feels like the hangout, get together and chill and talk shop...no one with ego's to hurt, just good times and smiles, just wanting to grow better and better ganja!!! :ganjamon: (So we can smoke better and better ganja MON!)

I think those air pots are cool! You gonna put up a peat barrier to keep your soil in that bottom and sides? I grew an African Violet in a similar type of grow. I took a wire basket and lined it with an inch of packed peat moss, then filled it with some nice soil. I dunk watered it and it sat in front of a window, the sun never quite touched it but it got tons of indirect light....It had gigantic leaves 3-4 inches across the round of the leaf and grew stalks of flowers, instead of singles. Some plants really dig that type of growing and african violets especially love dunk watering.

I am looking forward to seeing this grow. :popcorn:
:passitleft: Would love to be sharing one in paradise!

Aloha and :peace: OMM

Thats a crazy ass pot there Pop's. I guess it's considerated to be a self pruning pot like the smart pots. Soon as the roots hit the air the tips die. Nice strains going there Dude. You know I'll be peeking in. One Question? Did ya get the free potatoes seed?

Oh I'm noooooooo good at DIY. Youre full of it old man.:rofl: I can see how nicely u cut the fan holes. You know exactly what you're doing mate.:thumb: Plants look like some super healthy little bushes too.:goodjob:I'm excited to see how root pruning affects growth. :grinjoint::peace:

G'day mate OK, I did do some good fan hole cutting I'm proud of, but since I post what I want to I'm not showing you all the things I did wrong.:grinjoint: In a different room with good conditions these boxes would rock, I am proud of them. :cheer:
So far the little bushes are doing well, will be posting a few pics of them soon.:grinjoint:
Supposedly, as the roots are air pruned the tap root sends even more small roots to takes it's place and makes the whole plant more healthy. We shall see.:thumb:

I just love your journal's OMM, I come here and it just feels like the hangout, get together and chill and talk shop...no one with ego's to hurt, just good times and smiles, just wanting to grow better and better ganja!!! :ganjamon: (So we can smoke better and better ganja MON!)

I think those air pots are cool! You gonna put up a peat barrier to keep your soil in that bottom and sides? I grew an African Violet in a similar type of grow. I took a wire basket and lined it with an inch of packed peat moss, then filled it with some nice soil. I dunk watered it and it sat in front of a window, the sun never quite touched it but it got tons of indirect light....It had gigantic leaves 3-4 inches across the round of the leaf and grew stalks of flowers, instead of singles. Some plants really dig that type of growing and african violets especially love dunk watering.

I am looking forward to seeing this grow. :popcorn:
:passitleft: Would love to be sharing one in paradise!

Aloha and :peace: OMM

Well, Thanks High That is exactly how I like my journals to be, friendly and social, with the main point being to growing better buds for us all. Kinda a big 3 Musketeer type of the thing.:allgood:

No barriers to keep things in the AirPots, almost the exact opposite. Air is one of the things that helps these pots work. Before I plant the first girl in the pots. I hope to have discussion with all of you on just how to treat using FFOF soil in them for best results. That should be fun. :reading420magazine:

I'd like to share a toke with all of you here in Hawaii.:cheer::hippy::cheer:

Thats a crazy ass pot there Pop's. I guess it's considerated to be a self pruning pot like the smart pots. Soon as the roots hit the air the tips die. Nice strains going there Dude. You know I'll be peeking in. One Question? Did ya get the free potatoes seed?

Hey wood Yep, they are crazy, You sure hit the nail on the head about how they work. 10 free potatoes seeds with every order.:yahoo::yahoo::yahoo:

Bubblelicious :ganjamon:

I deiced to just show by chronological order pictures of the different strains.
I frigging accidentally erased some of my pictures. So we go by what I have left. It should give you some idea of their germ date and thier present size.
I germed/planted these Bubblelicious on 12/30/09.

These I germed these in pots under the UFO. I germed 1 more in a pot under CFLs. They all popped up the next day. No problems at all.

bubbe_orginal_group.jpg

I put all five outside temporarily. Needed the cabs at the moment. The five were attacked by some critter. :smokin:
Here are the two survivors.
bubblesthatsurvived.jpg

Here they are after about 3 weeks;)
bubble_19.JPG

;)
bubble23.jpg

Since they're are not fem'd. I put them out side to determine sex;) One week ago.
1outside2_bbsfirst.JPG

Here is Bubblelicious 1 as of today she is 14 inches high:cheer:

bub1otsidebig.jpg

This Bubblelicious 2 as of today. She is 10 inches high:cheer:
bud2qoutsidebig.jpg

Here is a group shot outside. The plant on the left is the only Papaya in this grow and of unknown sex. It is 10 inches tall. Germed on 1/4/10.
todayoutside.jpg

The Papaya was put outside 5 days ago. All three plants have jump up very quickly:slide:
I noticed a few yellowing leaves on Bubblelicious 2. They are all still wet and soon as they dry out I will give them some nutes.

There will be more pictures of the strains, as soon as I can get them organized and sorted. Sorry for the delay in posting pictures.;)

By the way...these plants have faced really hard winds the last 4 days.

Aloha brah! Just saw your new journal up and got caught up. Looks fun for sure, and very intersting those airpots. Definately subscribed and looking forward to a fun ride with you my friend!!

Aloha to you to HD Welcome :cheer:Glad you joined in this journey with me. Be sure to stop me if you see me doing something crazy.:grinjoint:
It should be fun as you say and the AirPots just add a bit more interest in this adventure.:thumb:

Glad to see you going at it again, I'll be watching, I have lots to learn, I wish you lots of nice BUDS----------------peace!

Glad to see you going at it again, I'll be watching, I have lots to learn, I wish you lots of nice BUDS----------------peace!

Hi Buddy Welcome on board. Hopefully we can learn together.:thumb:
Glad your here and watching. :peace:

Ahhhh, this will be very interesting indeed. Took a bit to get caught up, but well worth the time. It is 10:07pm and I am taking my first toke of the day...The airpots sound intriguing...but one question, how ya gonna keep the soil from washing out? I would think a piece of landscape fabric would work. Use it in the bucket grows and when I pull the plants out, the roots have forced their way through the fabric. Just an idea. Ya have some great sounding strains going as well. It is soooo nice to have variety to smoke. Different fruits for different pleasures. Can't wait to see these ladies rock under that bright Hawian sun. With all that you have learned, you should have no problem getting a tremendous harvest from this grow. Keep em green my friend, I will be watching this one with great interest. Stay safe.

I think it's freaking great that you and Screwnuts are going to meet up and have a brotherly time.. I really respect that.

The cabs and the lil ones are looking great! I'm sure you'll be keeping 'em outside as long as you can.. Kudos on the pots they look interesting..

I'm going to be germinating a few beaners here soon too! I'll be doing my second attempt on an outdoor.

Onward my man! Take care..:peace:

Great White Shark and Strawberry x Haze

This is tale of very screwed up seeds. I planted 5 Colored Greenhouse seeds.
I put them in jiffy cups with FFOF soil in a humidity dome. Put them in a totally dark place. After 2 days I check them and every one had sprouted, just barely sticking up through the soil. I put them back in the dark, but left the lid slighly ajar so they could get a little air. When I checked on them the next day I couldn't believe my eyes. Everyone of them were dead. My humidity dome is 6" high. The jiffy pots are about 2" tall, so that gave then plenty of head space. Every one of them had hit the top of the humidity dome and then died. WTF?

I had 5 more Colored Greenhouse seeds, so this time I did the wet paper towels thing on my cable box. Next day they had all cracked, but only two had a tap roots about an inch long. Those two were the Great White Shark and the Strawberry Haze. I very carefully put them in 6" pots, about a half and inch in to the soil. The other cracked seeds never had a tap root after 5 days. Seemed the were being held or restricted by the colored coating.

The other two went into the critical care unit. See pictures below.
I will never bury any more Colored Greenhouse seeds. I wrote Attitude and they said send them back. I had thrown them away.:smokin:
Anyway here are the pictures of them.
Here is the Shark, it soon drooped, so to the critical care unit.:smokin:
GreatWhiteShark_1vetsm.jpg

Don't laugh, this is the critical care unit and it worked. The Strawberry ended up in the same thing.:reading420magazine:
greatwhiteshark1_and_bubble_2.jpg

Here ie the Shark a few days later.:ganjamon:
shark.jpg

And a few more days.:ganjamon:
sharklarger.jpg

Here is the Strawbeery:ganjamon:
strabsmallonright.jpg

And a few days later:ganjamon:
strab_bigger.jpg

Here they both are today :thumb:
Biig_box_today.jpg

G'day mate. I was reading somewhere. I think the:420: thread and it mentioned that those mixed coloured packs can be quite old because they're not a big seller. Most people go for packs of the one strain apparently.
All's lookin good there. All your plants are SURVIVORS and should do you well.
You got some nice staunch little bushes there so far.:bravo: Love the Airpots. They look like they'd be more at home hanging from a ceiling at a rave party. Tripperpots that's what they are:rofl::rofl::rofl: I think they'll work a treat. House plants love having half the roots cut off the bottom and re-potted deeper. Good for rootbound plants if you dont have a bigger pot. Root prune 'em and bung 'em back in the same pot. Bung it out, snip the roots bung it back in. Sweeeeet mate. Love the postcard mate:rofl: Maybe one day I'll have one of those. We can live in hope. Love the ICU too mate.:thumb::peace:

Back
Top Bottom