OldMedMan's 2nd Grow 5 Strains and AirPots

Mahalo OMM,
I would love to start a journal, but this is going to be my first grow EVER :scratchinghead: yes I know it's probably best for me to have it all documented in a grow journal forum to get help and whatnot, but at the same time its a pretty small grow with seeds I probably got ripped off on and I just dont want to subject the world to my lameness just yet. ^_^

I'll definitely think about it though. I got a couple wooden pallets for free of of CL that I'm planning to convert into a lanai grow box, when I start that I will definitely document it for others. Like my friend's dad always says, "If it's for free, then its for meee!" or like my gf's dad says, "Free first, cheap second, buy last." haha, so these are the mottos behind my first grow. It might get ugly.

I will definitely take you up on your offer of help though, in fact I already have a question for you (if you don't mind)... I went to Home depot and bought the Niu top soil, compost, and black cinders - do you think that was a good idea or should I return and try to find FFOF somewhere? I also have cacti soil containing pumice, forest humus, compost and worm castings (left over from my bonsai and plumeria cuttings) that I was think of throwing into the mix since I did not find any perlite at HD. I would greatly appreciate your input whenever you have the time. Mahalo nui loa!

Roc

Being your very first grow is the perfect reason you should document it. If you are worried about looking bad, don't brother. We all started at the same place you are at. Asshats don't last long on the 420 boards. I would be willing to bet that half of the current grow journals are from first time-new growers. Myself included. We love low budget, DIY grows. Show us what you got going.:welcome:

Being your very first grow is the perfect reason you should document it. If you are worried about looking bad, don't brother. We all started at the same place you are at. Asshats don't last long on the 420 boards. I would be willing to bet that half of the current grow journals are from first time-new growers. Myself included. We love low budget, DIY grows. Show us what you got going.:welcome:

Thanks for the kind words Nicademus (by the way, I've always thought that was one of the hardest names to ever come out of the bible, and Cain). I'll take your advice to heart and begin a journal, if not today then in the next couple days.

Mahalo
Roc

ps. "Asshats?!" haha, i like it.

wow,
i too was under the imp. that growing outdoors would be great in hawaii....gee, now it sounds like alot of stuff comes into play....would like to try some outside, but here there are too many teens who dont care who owns what....woke up the other day to them sitting around the koi pond smoking, just decided to come in thru the trees....not good....so even the green house is out of bounds now except for reg. plants...cant take the chance....once they find it, they keep comming back, so might as well quit...and of course even tho its legal, no help from the nabs....hasnt happened to us, but to people we know....so we'll just keep quiet and stay in...
the silica sounds interesting...heck, this is just a great thread....finally got caught up....some interesting goodies here....lavendar:cheer::nicethread:

Hi lavendar:grinjoint:

Yep, its different here alright. People come over hit all the tourist places for couple of weeks and see the best stuff, so they leave with a good impression.
You have live here to really see it. Of course we still love it anyway.;)
Last grow I had a drunk 20 something knock on my patio door wanting to be let in. He was standing right by my plants.:smokin: Never even saw em, scared me to death. Had my baseball bat in hand. took about an hour to finally get rid of him.:smokin:
So I definitely understand your concern staying free of anyone looking to close at your place.
Life in 2010:grinjoint:
Keep watching to see how the Silica does.....new to me too....my friend groover told me about it. Glad you like the journal as you know it has a life of its own, with a bit of everything thrown in. It's fun.:yahoo:

You are so right. These journals start as way to learn and teach about growing mary jane. They also seem to morph into something that allows us to teach and learn about people and life.:welcome:

Hi Nic So right people make up grows and I love all the differences between us. We see lives we never dream of. We learn a bit too.:cheer:

Mahalo OMM,
I would love to start a journal, but this is going to be my first grow EVER :scratchinghead: yes I know it's probably best for me to have it all documented in a grow journal forum to get help and whatnot, but at the same time its a pretty small grow with seeds I probably got ripped off on and I just dont want to subject the world to my lameness just yet. ^_^

I'll definitely think about it though. I got a couple wooden pallets for free of of CL that I'm planning to convert into a lanai grow box, when I start that I will definitely document it for others. Like my friend's dad always says, "If it's for free, then its for meee!" or like my gf's dad says, "Free first, cheap second, buy last." haha, so these are the mottos behind my first grow. It might get ugly.

I will definitely take you up on your offer of help though, in fact I already have a question for you (if you don't mind)... I went to Home depot and bought the Niu top soil, compost, and black cinders - do you think that was a good idea or should I return and try to find FFOF somewhere? I also have cacti soil containing pumice, forest humus, compost and worm castings (left over from my bonsai and plumeria cuttings) that I was think of throwing into the mix since I did not find any perlite at HD. I would greatly appreciate your input whenever you have the time. Mahalo nui loa!

Roc

Hey Roc Personally I would take it back. You can get FFOF here for $17 a bag and lots more.

I would call first....nice helpfull people and good place for stuff...for here the prices are pretty good.
By all means start a journal....we all look like idiots..when we start out....I sure did!. :cheer: Need anything else just give a shout.:cheer:

Aloha my friend on this fine spring evening. I imagine the sun is still out and starting to give the sky some real color right about now....the smell of the BBQ's wafting in on the light breeze....Ahh such nice :surf: dreams....;)

How are you this fine evening OMM? I can guess from The Butcher's response your babies are happy! :cheer::cheer::cheer:

Think I will wait for the show! :popcorn: :smokin:;):grinjoint:and me and Woods on the end. :Rasta::Rasta:

Had a rough day, figured coming by here and reading would cheer me up an sure enough, it helped. This and a few of these :roorrip:and I am feeling better.

:peace: my friend.

I just saw your picts you just uploaded to ypou gallery. And all I can say or do is
:adore: :adore: :adore: :adore:

Picture perfect OMM. Beyond job well done. +rep my friend (okay when I can again)

Hey Butcher I was wondering when you would show up!:cheer::cheer:
Gonna post em in a minute or two. Guess I did learn a few things last grow.
Still worry about every thing as usual:smokin:
Mahalo Brah:grinjoint:

Aloha my friend on this fine spring evening. I imagine the sun is still out and starting to give the sky some real color right about now....the smell of the BBQ's wafting in on the light breeze....Ahh such nice :surf: dreams....;)

How are you this fine evening OMM? I can guess from The Butcher's response your babies are happy! :cheer::cheer::cheer:

Think I will wait for the show! :popcorn: :smokin:;):grinjoint:and me and Woods on the end. :Rasta::Rasta:

Had a rough day, figured coming by here and reading would cheer me up an sure enough, it helped. This and a few of these :roorrip:and I am feeling better.

:peace: my friend.

Aloha right back at you High!
I'm just fine my friend:grinjoint: Wrong about the weather:smokin: Massive gray rain clouds....more rain tonight...girls seem to like it.:grinjoint:

I be posting a few pictures in moment. Changed things around a bit, nothing major though.

Well, about the contest. Woodsman and you, are behind at the moment, so who knows? Whats cool is someone nominated you, so be proud, you are good grower and folks know it. :cheer:

Glad we cheered you up a bit.....ah keep doing what your doing and you will feel even better.:bravo:

Day 13 of Bloom

Here is poor Bubblelicious, she is doing better:grinjoint:

bubble9.jpg

A group shot.....tried to arrange them better and give them all some room:grinjoint:

grp11.jpg

Another group shot.:grinjoint:

grp21.jpg

Miss Kandy Kush:grinjoint:
kandykush2.jpg

Miss lemon Skunk:grinjoint:
lemonskunk.jpg

Miss Rocklock :grinjoint:
rockloc.jpg

The Great White Shark:grinjoint:
shark6.jpg

Last but, the best! Miss Strawberry Haze:grinjoint:
strawbeery_haze.jpg

I hope they stay healthy and green. With all your help I don't see why not!:cheer:

Listening to "School" from Supertramp and I am starting to feel the stress come out...:bong: a bit more stress......:roorrip: dissappearing.... :cool: Better except....:cough:ing. Could be worse problems. :smokin:

:peace: and much Aloha.

:bravo: Those are really happy girls now! Should be a great harvest.

Strawberry Haze is looking particularly happy...I see MUCH good things from that lady.

Aloha again. +rep (finally able to again)

Alohaz OMM!

The plants are looking beautiful! What are your thoughts on the Airpots so far??

Looking great as usual bro. Do you trim up the foliage on the Bubblelicious, or does it just grow that way? That Rocklock is looking fierce. If i was a betting man, and i am, I'd bet on that Rocklock outproducing the other ladys. Looks like you going to have a lot of meds to last you a very long time.

Hey bud i been meaning to ask you, In your Opinion, whats the best time of year to visit the islands? How much is rent there, for say like 3-4 bedrooms? Are house prices ridiculous? Been contemplating moving there for a few years now. Well Alaska was my first choice but Hawaii was a choice both my wife and I could live with. :peacetwo: upon you and your ladies.

:bravo: Those are really happy girls now! Should be a great harvest.

Strawberry Haze is looking particularly happy...I see MUCH good things from that lady.

Aloha again. +rep (finally able to again)

Looks Like you made it through the :cough: High

They do look happy.....just working on keeping them that way :grinjoint: When I am out there with them, its so cool, I can tell everyone of them is so healthy I want to hug em. :cheer: I'm with you on Miss Strawberry Haze, she is beautiful and is starting to show lots of buds sites.:cheer: ....and she should get larger.:grinjoint:

Thanks for the +reps:cool: Been trying to give some to you for a while now.:smokin:

Have a good night and much Aloha

Alohaz OMM!

The plants are looking beautiful! What are your thoughts on the Airpots so far??

Hi my friend Thanks for the good words.:ganjamon:

The AirPots are doing even better than I thought they would. It maybe they're fast draining, but mostly I think roots are really getting allot of air. These are the healthiest plants I have ever grown. :cheer:

Looking great as usual bro. Do you trim up the foliage on the Bubblelicious, or does it just grow that way? That Rocklock is looking fierce. If i was a betting man, and i am, I'd bet on that Rocklock outproducing the other ladys. Looks like you going to have a lot of meds to last you a very long time.

Hey bud i been meaning to ask you, In your Opinion, whats the best time of year to visit the islands? How much is rent there, for say like 3-4 bedrooms? Are house prices ridiculous? Been contemplating moving there for a few years now. Well Alaska was my first choice but Hawaii was a choice both my wife and I could live with. :peacetwo: upon you and your ladies.

Hi Nic No, the poor Bubblelicious, lost all of her leaves because I over watered her and she's had allot of rain fall on her. Right now she is all buds.
She is way head of the others, I put her out way early because she was not a fem'd seed. She is in day 45 of bloom. Wished I had not paid so much attention to the others and treated her better. Her buds are rock hard.

I hope your right about Miss Rocklock, she is my kind of stone.:bravo:

Man o Man your plants look so healthy OMM. Just the image of perfection. You must have been in the military! Your plants look so neat and are even in formation!

Here's a pic I found of Mountain and me when we were kids. :Rasta::Rasta: as you see from these more recent photos, we may have aged a bit, but we also became much more handsome and as you can see we have trouble keeping the ladies at bay.....:hippy: :cheer: :adore: :adore: :Rasta::Rasta:

If Mountain wins I'm going to ask for my own office.....what no Vice President? What kind of election is this? If I win I will let him get a hair transplant ...:Rasta:

Damn Nic I totally for got your other question. :smokin:
Xmas is not the best time....too crowded and cool at that time. All the prices get bumped up a bit too.

If it were me, I would say May to the end of July. Always get the package deals if you can. Airfare-room-and car rental. It actually is cheaper.

Houses. Right now the median price for 3 bed 2 bath is $ 550,000.00.
That's for a typical Hawaiian house. There are some nice and some not. It's really a place you have to shop. If you have the money try to find a newer one. Hawaii is really strange as far as houses go. Take the street I live on, one house will be a falling down pile of junk and next door will be an $800,00.00 one. You need to know the neighborhoods too. I can help you with that....there are places you just don't want to be in.

It is the time to buy here. 3 years ago my house was worth around $870,000, now it's worth about maybe $600.000. Hawaiian houses have small rooms too, so be warned.

The good thing about Hawaii is the best things are free. The great beaches and the tropics and friendly people. If you are going to live here stay away from the tourist areas...expensive. On the other hand if you have a mil or two
to spend you'll love it here. :smokin:

Outer Islands are not all that cheaper than here and Hawaii and Kauai have the worst of the weather, but are really beautiful.

Looking magnificent bro. They love that bit of rain each day and the winds have made 'em nice and strong. Weather sounds like FNQ wet cyclone season and dry season.:peace:

Back
Top Bottom