Outdoor Growing With BeezLuiz

Highya BL,

Gorgeous looking ladies!! Well cared for! I need to do that more. Give more nutrients to the buds in the sun. Very nice setup also! Trolleys, cat cage, pergola with lights!! Very nice pics! Happy Smokin'

Beautiful plants, Beez- and so healthy!
Love that nighttime pergola shot, too:welldone:
I did find a moth inside the netting with the plant one recent morning.
The other night I spotted a moth in the patio room, (where the outside plants live at night) spent ten minutes tracking her down...I felt like Walter White
when he shut down the lab to chase a fly...

Love the undergrowth pruning!
Thanks, Felipe. I'm trying really hard to #reducethelarf this year.
Give more nutrients to the buds in the sun.
I think plants that are this large, can handle - even thrive with - the higher nutrients. No sign of nute burn on either plant so far. I give each plant 3 gallons of feed every other day. The plants really drink a lot. They actually get a little droopy by the 2nd day. They would probably prefer 4 gallons (pot size is 20 gallons), but mixing that many gallons of nutrients for each plant is a bit too much work for me, and kinda costly.
The other night I spotted a moth in the patio room, (where the outside plants live at night) spent ten minutes tracking her down...
I was pretty surprised to see that moth. I found a thin, 2 inch gap in the netting that I didn't get properly closed with the clips.
It would be nice to see towers of purple in that backyard.
That would be a sight to behold, as long as it doesn't attract butterflies. ;)
If I grew plants like that I’d be strutting around my neighborhood like a peacock.
Hmm... having them on the trolley does make it pretty easy to take them for a stroll around the neighborhood... :idea:

Hmm... having them on the trolley does make it pretty easy to take them for a stroll around the neighborhood... :idea:
You may think about going over to Fairfield to the Anheuser Busch facilities and borrowing a clydesdale to to pull your carts. That would be a parade I’d show up for.

You may think about going over to Fairfield to the Anheuser Busch facilities and borrowing a clydesdale to to pull your carts.
I've driven by that facility many times. Maybe I'll stop in and inquire next time. :cheesygrinsmiley:

I was expecting some purple to show in the flowers, but so far it's just your typical green buds
My stankberry grows purple indoors but this one is almost all green out. Stems, leaf stems, green. Trunk too. Indoors I get purple stems until flip then they go green. Then buds get purple. In and outdoor growing sure is different.

In and outdoor growing sure is different.
I've got a couple clones from these plants that I'm growing indoors now. I'll be curious how they compare.

Today's update is on my indoor clones. They are roughly 80 days from cuttings and were flipped 25 days ago. They are sitting under my @NextLight Core.
I thought I had taken 2 cuttings from Purple Haze and one cutting from Granddaddy Purple, but I'm now thinking maybe all of them are from PH because they all look identical. Maybe once they get further into flower, the GDP will look more GDP-like.

I decided to attempt making some seeds on one of the Purple Hazes. The pollen is from my What Widow (White Widow x Unknown). I pollinated most of the plant. The pollen is kinda old now, so it may no longer be viable. Time will tell.

Speaking of making seeds, here's my little Zamaldelica Auto clone that I pollinated on 8/22.
The cutting was taken just as flowering had started and made a couple small buds just large enough to pollinate with What Widow. Pollination took place on Aug 22, which makes them about 5 weeks old. The plant seems to still be alive - barely. I think the seeds look done, but I read that it takes about 6 weeks to mature, so I'm gonna leave them be for a bit longer.

I just took these comparison photos of the Purple Haze that was pollinated 3 days ago. I pollinated most of the plant, but left a couple top buds untouched. I definitely see some curling of the pistil stigmas that got pollinated, so I think I'll have seeds in the future. :cool:

I complained mentioned in my last update that my "purple" plants were not showing any purple. Well, Purple Haze must have heard me because now I'm seeing the first bits of purple on the buds. :yahoo:

Back
Top Bottom