Outdoor Growing With BeezLuiz

Not a whole lot going on so far for the winter grow.
Everything is looking fine and growing - although a bit sluggish - mostly due to the cold temperatures. I have them in my garage which is not heated. They are sitting on my heat mat at approx 75F, but the air temps are probably in the low 50s at night.

Obama Runtz
These two plants are 27 days from sprout and look pretty good so far. I starting feeding them 1.5g/gal of MC a week ago. They are working on node 5 now. Once node 5 gets a little more established, I plan to top it off there, leaving node 4 to branch off. The roots are filling up the solo cup pretty well, so I think I'll transplant into a slightly larger pot soon - maybe next week. These are regulars so I don't know whether they will be male or female just yet.

Miss Ashley
This one is doing fine as well, just a couple days behind the Runtz. I don't know the genetics on this one, other than the seed came from a friend of my son's (Ashley, of course). It's getting 1.5g of MC as well. Also a regular seed.

Brainwash
These three plants came from my son's Amnesia plant that was pollenated by an unknown neighbor. Hopefully at least one of them will be female. Also getting 1.5g of MC.

Hopefully they all get a little larger and show me their gender soon so that I can put them into their final homes, which would be a 3 gal fiber pot. Although, if they all go female, I won't have enough room for six 3-gal pots under my Nextlight Core. Oh, the worries... :laughtwo:

They're looking good, Beez!
This winter growing thing does present some challenges, though...
Everything is looking fine and growing - although a bit sluggish - mostly due to the cold temperatures.
I'm having the same problem, growing in an unheated garage- the plants are healthy and growing, but they don't like the low nighttime temps very much...they just generally don't look very happy..
I've got the exhaust fan set to a half hour on/half hour off, and that seems to be helping to keep things a little warmer in the box (70f-75f) but that seedling mat can only do so much...

It definitely hasn’t been the most pleasant winter. Entire west coast has been chilly and wet from BC to TJ.
But looks like it was a good day for schlepping your plants outdoors.

I won't have enough room for six 3-gal pots under my Nextlight Core.
Banzai Beez Banzai but then what are the odds of them all being female. I would never have that luck….or is it misfortune. :laughtwo:

Hopefully they all get a little larger and show me their gender soon so that I can put them into their final homes, which would be a 3 gal fiber pot. Although, if they all go female, I won't have enough room for six 3-gal pots under my Nextlight Core. Oh, the worries... :laughtwo:
I'll bet on the Brainwash #1 being male. Taller than the other two with wider node spacing.

Not a whole lot going on so far for the winter grow.
Looking more plant-like than last time so this works! At least they're growing and green. :thumb:
but the air temps are probably in the low 50s at night.
Oof! That slows me down as well...they're well within their rights.
Although, if they all go female, I won't have enough room for six 3-gal pots under my Nextlight Core. Oh, the worries...
Keep them under low light and stick them outside in March?
:high-five:

I'm having the same problem, growing in an unheated garage- the plants are healthy and growing, but they don't like the low nighttime temps very much...they just generally don't look very happy..
It was 42F in the garage this morning.:nervous-guy:
I've got the exhaust fan set to a half hour on/half hour off, and that seems to be helping to keep things a little warmer in the box (70f-75f) but that seedling mat can only do so much...
I don't even have an exhaust fan... come to think of it, my box only has two walls. I'm not sure I can even call it a box. :laughtwo:
I'll leave the schlepping to Shed! :cheesygrinsmiley:
Banzai Beez Banzai but then what are the odds of them all being female. I would never have that luck….or is it misfortune.
My past success at getting females from regular seeds is pretty poor. I once started 7 seeds and 6 of them were males.
I'll bet on the Brainwash #1 being male. Taller than the other two with wider node spacing.
I was thinking the same thing.
Oof! That slows me down as well...they're well within their rights.
Yes, that was somewhat expected when I started these. These are just a fun little project while I wait for my outdoor season to begin.
Keep them under low light and stick them outside in March?
That's a possibility - let them flower outdoors with 12/12 mother nature's light schedule, as long as they finish before wanting to got back into veg. No schlepping!

Today is topping day for a couple of the plants. All six plants seem to be doing fine under my NextLight Core.

My first two plants to sprout were the Obama Runtz. They are currently at day 32 above soil, and look the healthiest of the group. #2 looks a bit lankier and taller than #1. I'm beginning to think it might go male. I'll give it more time to make sure.

Meanwhile both of them now have enough growth above node 4 to top it off.

The others are a few days behind these, so they'll wait. I think in a couple days, I might up-pot some (or all) of these into 1/2 gallon pots. More pictures when that happens....

both of them now have enough growth above node 4 to top it off.
Good branching on those 2, should have a couple of nice little bushes in a few weeks...and a couple of big bushes shortly after that.....👍
My 17 day old auto is also almost ready to top, can't quite get the scissors in there yet...

My 17 day old auto is also almost ready to top, can't quite get the scissors in there yet...
Gotta top those pretty early, before they decide to start flowering.

I decided to transplant both of the Obama Runtz plants today. They are 33 days old today. I probably should do the others soon as well. Here's what Obama #1 looked like before:

Here's the roots:

And here it is in its new home:

I put them into fresh FFOF and sprinkled mycorrhizal inoculant onto the roots before putting them into the soil. I watered them with a mixture of 1.5g/gal MC and 1/4tsp/gal of Super Thrive. They seem to be pretty happy so far.

Once I determine the males/females, I plan to put the females into 3 gal pots. My grow space can ideally handle 3, maybe 4 plants, so I'm sure I'll either get 6 females or just 1 female. :laughtwo:

Today, I thought I would talk about long term storage of my weed. Over the past few years I've grown some pretty large plants that have yielded a pound or more of cured buds. Personally, I don't really smoke a whole lot - maybe two or three ounces in a year. I try to give away most of my harvests, but even then I still have a lot to store.

I figure that keeping the weed in mason jars (maybe 3 dozen or so) in my garage was not the best way to store the bud. It gets upwards of 100F in there during the hottest parts of the summer, and those mason jars take up a lot of shelf space. So during a recent remodel of one of my spare bedrooms, I decided to convert the closet to alcohol and weed storage - I call it my "closet of indulgence". :cool:

I took the weed out of the mason jars and semi-vacuum sealed them. They take up much less space than the jars and stay fresher for longer. Everything fit in those 4 boxes - approx 2 lbs worth.

I don't remove all the air - just most of it - so that the buds don't get crushed. Back in 2018, I sealed some of my harvest in packets, threw them in my closet and forgot about them. Just recently, after 4 years, I pulled some out and gave them a test. They still smelled and felt fresh, and they smoked just like the day I sealed them. :ganjamon: I still keep a large variety of weed in mason jars for short term usage. When I run out, I just go into my box, open a bag and the jar is full again.

That's pretty cool, Beez- I especially like the semi vacuum packing thing- I've got 3 boxes of jars now, in the hall closet...If I could reduce that to one box (without throwing any weed away) Mrs.C. would be happy- once she's done griping at me for using up all the vacuum bags... :oops:

So during a recent remodel of one of my spare bedrooms, I decided to convert the closet to alcohol and weed storage - I call it my "closet of indulgence".
Nice on that remodel and conversion BZ! It turned out so much more convenient and under a much better controlled environment.
Now you’ve got some serious indulgences to get started on. :passitleft:

Highya Beez,

Party at your house this weekend!! Great job organizing! I have a cellar that is perfect for that! Except, I have no wine! But I do have about 3 lbs (probably more) of stash down there! Happy Indulgin'

Back
Top Bottom