Outdoor Growing With BeezLuiz

Looking good, Beez, nice 'n healthy!
Those girls are going to go apeshit when the sun finally comes out!
At least I hope they do- I've got one in the same situation, just waiting on the sunny days!

Transplant time. I decided it was time (probably way overdue) to up-pot some of these plants. My original hope was that I would get 3 females out of the six that I started. So far, I have 3 females and 1 male, the other two look to be going female as well. I don't really have enough room to grow 5 plants in 3-gal pots, and certainly don't have the heart to throw out two perfectly good female plants. The weather has finally started to warm up. Even though it's been wet, the air is warm and the garage is now in the mid 60's. :yahoo:
Here's what I did:
Obama Runtz #1
This one showed me "female" and also was the healthiest-looking plant, so "no-brainer" it was getting up-potted on Sunday. At 78 days from sprout it's finally starting to show some decent growth. The roots were certainly cramped in that 1/2-gal pot!
After transplanting, I re-applied LST.

Miss Ashley
Even though Miss Ashley is the smallest of the five, it has shown "female" also, so it got the new 3-gal home yesterday.
It's 77 days from sprout. As expected, its root structure is nowhere near as developed as Runtz#1.
After transplant it also got LST re-applied.

Brainwash #2
Neither Brainwash plant has shown their sex yet, but I wanted one of these to get the 3-gal treatment, so I'm "guessing" that this will eventually reveal "female". This one had some phosphorous-related leaf issues a few weeks ago, but has turned itself around, and seems to be doing fine. It's 73 days from sprout, and got transplanted today.
Its root structure looks as good or better than the Obama Runtz. It should have been transplanted sooner.
Again, after transplant, it also got LST re-applied.

I'm going to leave the other two in 1/2-gal pots even though Obama Runtz #2 has also shown "female". Brainwash #3 is still hiding its sexual preference. Here's what my small grow space looks like now. I think I might give them just a couple more days to adjust, and then lights will get flipped to 12/12. Maybe Friday or Saturday.

Those of you in flood zones, please keep safe. :Namaste:

I think I might give them just a couple more days to adjust, and then lights will get flipped to 12/12. Maybe Friday or Saturday.
Nice work on the transplants, Beez- they look real happy in their new digs...
The warming trend couldn't come at a better time...hopefully, a "drying trend" is next on mother natures agenda... 🤔

May the rest of your plants be male to make them easier to throw out (even the female ones ;) )!
Thank you... I think? :laughtwo:
The warming trend couldn't come at a better time...hopefully, a "drying trend" is next on mother natures agenda... 🤔
The next few days are forecasted to be dry. :yahoo: I never thought I'd be sick of rain, but I'm finally getting there.

Here's a quick Monday morning update: I flipped my lights to 12/12 on Friday, 3/17. I already see the plants starting to stretch a bit, and are filling in the grow space nicely. Their starting height at flip was 10 inches.
I'm pretty happy with the relatively flat canopy.

I already see the plants starting to stretch a bit, and are filling in the grow space nicely.
All that, plus a great canopy- flowering is off to a perfect start, Beez!

Here's an update on my 5 winter grow plants. The lights were flipped 10 days ago and their sexual orientation is now becoming clear.
Brainwash #3
This one stayed in a 1/2 gallon pot because I didn't really have room for five 3-gallon pots and it seemed only 50-50 chance for going female.
Well a close look at it today and it's showing "male".
I'm not too disappointed, because I need the space.

Brainwash #2
This one got up-potted to a 3 gallon pot 2 weeks ago. It really looked like it was going to go "female" and has looked really good since getting the larger home.
Unfortunately, it also looks to be headed toward "male".
I am a little disappointed since it looked so good and now I don't have any of this cross going female now. All 3 plants started have gone "male". Brainwash is a cross of Amnesia mother, pollenated by an unknown male. I'm going to hold onto it for a couple more days, just in case a stigma pops out, but I'm pretty sure it's a male.

Obama Runtz #1
I guess I didn't take any close up pics of this one, but it's looking good and is just about to start flowering in earnest.

Obama Runtz #2
This one didn't the 3-gal home either, but I wish I had transplanted it now.
It's definitely showing "female".
Now that I'm going to have plenty of room under the lights, I'm wondering if it's not too late to move it into a 3-gal pot. It seems like it wants to bust out of that 1/2 gallon pot. Your thoughts?

Miss Ashley

This one is in a 3-gallon pot and looks to be doing quite well, and on its way to begin flowering any day now.

I guess I got my original wish of getting 3 females out of the 6 plants that I started. I just wished I would have gotten one of each variety, but that's nit-picking at this point. Here's a shot of the 3 females and the one "probable" male under the lights.

Your thoughts?
I'd uppot her to a 3 gallon, I think she's gonna need it..

I'd give Brainwash#2 a little more time- she looks to me like she could go either way...

Your plants all look great, Beez- happy as clams!

I took everyone's advice, and transplanted the Obama #2 yesterday. :thanks:

It was obviously root bound:

The grow space is more manageable now.

After re-applying LST. In a few days I plan to thin out the bottom and center of the plant.

24 hours later it looks much happier.

As if it never happened...
Yeah, Runtz #2 is looking great now, and trying to catch up to the other two.
She does looked pleased about being repotted Beez.
She is, indeed! :)
Didja score them roots? I sure woulda!
Well I'm glad you asked: "Yes, I did". I think it let out a little sigh of relief once I scored and fluffed out the roots just a bit. :cheesygrinsmiley:

Since flipping the lights, the two larger plants have grown from 10 inches tall, to about 18 inches tall, and still stretching. I need to raise the lights yet again.

Back
Top Bottom