PakaCordova's First Journal For My First Grow - Dinafem Blue Kush - Soil - Nov 2014

Re: OldManClemens First Journal For My First Grow - Dinafem Blue Kush - Soil - Nov 2

Dec 6, 2015

Finished setting up both tents and duct work.

I have a How To thread on how I built my carbon filter scrub box if anyone is interested:-Multi Tent Scrub Box How To: multiple tents with one fan and one carbon filter

HvSMrYB.jpg

e3aX7Gb.jpg

srkd4hY.jpg

DIUVjVF.jpg

Re: OldManClemens First Journal For My First Grow - Dinafem Blue Kush - Soil - Nov 2

That's a nice, clean looking setup. Good job! How much longer until the new lights make their appearance?

Thanks! I like to keep my space organized. I get so frustrated if I don't have room to move around or if I don't have easy access to something I need. According to UPS, the lights should be here on Monday. She is doing pretty damn good for just CFLs so I can only imagine how she will do with LEDs or even a mix of both.

Jan 9, 2015

I'm gonna have to build a scrog soon. She is starting to bush out. I also added a super simple exhaust to my CFL reflector. It was getting really warm in there. Now the hot air is drawn out of the reflector and straight to my exhaust duct going to my scrubber box.

I also snapped both of her main shoots while LST'ing her. I used electrical tape and a piece of a zip tie as a splint. This happened a few days ago and she seems unphased, which is great. Pics below of the splint.

zPLKeEm.jpg

OpHB98q.jpg

Vh7crIR.jpg

kbG3UwH.jpg

RSe1hSd.jpg

The SCRoG is looking great, man. Are those hose clamps on the legs to hold the SCRoG to the tent poles? If so, I'd just hack those legs right off. They just get in the way.

I also read your first post again just now, and I don't know if RDWC would be the best way to go for your setup. RDWC systems require the buckets all be stuck in place (more or less, anyway) by plumbing and I don't think that's gonna work too well in your tents. If you do go RDWC, you strike me as a handy guy who can probably put one together yourself for cheaper than the one in your link. DWC or hempy would be my suggestion if you're looking to get your feet wet in the hydro world, but I'm far from an expert.

I started out doing DWC but I'm slowly converting to hempy. My big issue with DWC is reservoir temp control--you can only really add a reservoir chiller to an RDWC system (unless you want to add an AC to each bucket, which would cost a ton) and RDWC systems are kind of bulky and limiting. Not to mention the possibility for leaks from all those fitting on RDWC systems. I had root rot from high res temps in several of my DWC buckets, which I eventually overcame, but I don't want to go there again. I also underestimated how nice it is to move plants around--you can't really do that with DWC since it will always be tethered to the air pump, which, of course, will always be tethered to the wall sucking power. Hempy is also a good stepping point from soil to hydro.

If you're unfamiliar, hempy buckets consist of a plastic bucket (light proof if possible) with a small hole drilled in its side a couple of inches from the bottom. The bucket is then filled with clean, rinsed soilless media. I use 70% prelite with 30% vermiculite, but the variations are numerous. Coco coir with perlite on the bottom is also very common. The plant is watered with hydro nutrients which collect in the bottom reservoir under the hole. When the plant's roots hit the reservoir it hits a growth spurt and can then be watered every couple of days or so. I haven't harvested from either system yet (or any other one, for that matter), so take everything I say with a grain of salt. I'm no pro.

Looking great! Keep up the good work.

The SCRoG is looking great, man. Are those hose clamps on the legs to hold the SCRoG to the tent poles? If so, I'd just hack those legs right off. They just get in the way.

I also read your first post again just now, and I don't know if RDWC...

thanks for the heads up on the DWC setups. I love moving my plants around. I figured it will pass but right now I love being so hands-on with them. I did a little looking into the hempy bucket but was kind of confused. A lot of different resources saying different things about how to build it and and the benefits of it.

As for the clamps, those are in place because I crafted adjustable legs with slightly larger pipe. If my scrog needs to be taller, I loosen the clamps, slide them down a bit and it locks the outer legs in place, raising the netting. They are not used in my tent because I didnt need it to be any higher. I might toss my plant into a 5 gallon bucket and then I may need to raise the net a bit. I am going to hack the legs a little too because default height is still pretty high. I want more freedom - Right now it can go from 17" to 33" if I have the legs on and clamps adjusted.

6eSxRdK.jpg

NhIQY47.jpg

wfH6FPR.jpg

Jan 12, 2015

Just got my Mars Hydro lights delivered to the office!

Packaging is discrete and secure.

Nothing on the box says Mars-Hydro or LED or Lights or anything. The return address' company isnt even listed.

IS IT 5PM YET???? I WANNA GO HOME AND PLUG THESE BAD BOYS IN!!!

xySqeee.jpg

bqQjJ8d.jpg

3qaMViL.jpg

gqSS66T.jpg

zWKcSlt.jpg

tmPqUP6.jpg

Hello OldManClemens, just subbed your journal. :high-five:
the pictures lookes good, I really hope you will get better results with our lights. :circle-of-love:
Grow happy!:goodjob:

Hey O.M.C...nice clean setup and great journal so far. Do you plan on topping her further or just letting her grow through the netting?

Hey O.M.C...nice clean setup and great journal so far. Do you plan on topping her further or just letting her grow through the netting?

Thanks man! I am just going to LST with the scrog from here on out. Once the scrog gets pretty full I'm gonna flip to flower. Cant wait!!

Jan 20, 2015

I got my 5 gallon smart pots in. She looked like she was getting pretty big for her 2.7 gallon and I was introducing the scrog so she wasnt going to be moved around any more and decided she needed a bigger pot.

Here she is sitting in her 2.7 gallon right before the transplant.

I also have some shots of her roots and also her sitting in the new 5 gallon smart pot. She was super lush and full even deep within and under her canopy. Loving this Mars Hydro light!

bcER86x.jpg

EbrAod8.jpg

Yp869nv.jpg

idp3MVl.jpg

n2gNMsp.jpg

fZ7vXDY.jpg

OKQhhc3.jpg

Your plants grow really fast. :cheer:
Jan 20, 2015

I got my 5 gallon smart pots in. She looked like she was getting pretty big for her 2.7 gallon and I was introducing the scrog so she wasnt going to be moved around any more and decided she needed a bigger pot.

Here she is sitting in her 2.7 gallon right before the transplant.

I also have some shots of her roots and also her sitting in the new 5 gallon smart pot. She was super lush and full even deep within and under her canopy. Loving this Mars Hydro light!

bcER86x.jpg

EbrAod8.jpg

Yp869nv.jpg

idp3MVl.jpg

n2gNMsp.jpg

fZ7vXDY.jpg

OKQhhc3.jpg

Thanks man! I am just going to LST with the scrog from here on out. Once the scrog gets pretty full I'm gonna flip to flower. Cant wait!!

I'll be watching :Namaste:

Your plants grow really fast. :cheer:

They are loving the Mars Hydro LED lights :) I will be adding my 2nd 100x3w soon once it gets a little wider. I will be adding a MHII to my other tent hopefully soon. My next batch of clones will be pulled soon :D

Back
Top Bottom