Pennywise Does SOG Pheno Hunts Fall 2018

What I don't know is if the brix levels need to already be high for the plant to determine if there's enough carbs on hand to exude some or is this chemical process not dependent on brix levels?

Looking from the outside in, I can only speculate but how I understand it is the microbes will favor the sweeter more energetic molasses and neglect chewing on the rocks to liberate the needed macros and secondaries, P, Ca, Mg. I just learned today that certain elements in the foliar spray triggers enzymes that chemically mobilizes carbos down into the roots to be exuded out of the roots to exchange whatever elements are being (requested?) for the exudates. It's a beneficiaries in common kind of arrangements. The microbes bust rocks all day to liberate soluble ions then they hang out near the roots waiting for a sweet treat from the roots when they exudate. Once again, just speculating, but it's my bet that molasses in some soils would be counter productive to the plan made when the soil composition was being mapped out and put together.
Sensible Sky. What were you reading, sounds like the keys to the universe.

Sensible Sky. What were you reading, sounds like the keys to the universe.

I've been pissing up a rainpipe by trying to up my brix in hydroponics. my end goal is perfectly ideal elemental ppm targets, but getting there is not possible w/o upping the brix substantially. So it's like I have to study hydro and organics at the same time to try and better understand the middle, or where a middle can exist.

I've been pissing up a rainpipe by trying to up my brix in hydroponics. my end goal is perfectly ideal elemental ppm targets, but getting there is not possible w/o upping the brix substantially. So it's like I have to study hydro and organics at the same time to try and better understand the middle, or where a middle can exist.
I've been wondering how to figure out what you just said back there.
I just learned today that certain elements in the foliar spray triggers enzymes that chemically mobilizes carbos down into the roots to be exuded out of the roots to exchange whatever elements are being (requested?) for the exudates.
This. Where do I learn about this. It's the holy grail to the Brix method no? I'm finding bits and pieces and just starting to understand things so if I can read up I do.

I've been wondering how to figure out what you just said back there.

This. Where do I learn about this. It's the holy grail to the Brix method no? I'm finding bits and pieces and just starting to understand things so if I can read up I do.

IDK, I'm still trying to apply a soil technology to a hydroponic environment in spite of learned minds predicting I will fail. You're more than welcome to jump on my High Brix Hydroponix thread and pick through my notes as I keep most there, but there's a reason I prefaced by saying that I'm pissing up a rainpipe, lol. I learned a lot about brix, but I do not grow in dirt, I'm in rockwool. I make my own nutes and plan all of my elemental concentrations, and I'm always trying a slightly different formulation, but I have suffered a loss of growth vigor in the last month as a result. As is now, I am pioneering this and am adding risk with each new thing I try. Still, I'm confident I'll figure out soon enough, but still see a good amount of road ahead of me.

I will give them some molasses a couple times per grow it has iron along with small amounts of organic table sugar brown sugar and also some sorghum a light tsp. in my 3gal. of tea now I will only use one of these sugars at a time its just what I do idk if its rite but they seem pretty happy!

IDK if it's to do with the time release nature of rocks, but almost everything a grower would want is also in molasses is very good qty IMO. I guess more reading is needed to better understand when to and why, and when not to is needed?

...I don't know what microbes eat what, but I figger' a little molasses a couple times thru' veg won't hurt...its has a lot of different vitamins and minerals, such as iron, calcium, magnesium, vitamin B6, and selenium, to name a few...however, I'm got 4 plants in Doc's "kit" and those girlz will follow his regimen (except maybe distilled water...gotta ask him bout' that)...cheerz... :high-five:...h00k...:hookah:..

...from Doc..."""When the soil is dialed in and the microbes are happily chomping away at rocks and delivering them to the plant as food, the plant produces sugars and other compounds in the leaves and sends them down to the roots in the form of Root Exudates. The microbes crave these sweet exudates and will work day and night eating rocks for a sweet hit of that sugar! Even more, the plant customizes root exudates to actually communicate and signal the soil microbes to deliver certain types of nutrition. """

...cheerz... :high-five:...h00k...:hookah:...

...from Doc..."""When the soil is dialed in and the microbes are happily chomping away at rocks and delivering them to the plant as food, the plant produces sugars and other compounds in the leaves and sends them down to the roots in the form of Root Exudates. The microbes crave these sweet exudates and will work day and night eating rocks for a sweet hit of that sugar! Even more, the plant customizes root exudates to actually communicate and signal the soil microbes to deliver certain types of nutrition. """

...cheerz... :high-five:...h00k...:hookah:...
hey hook are you liking the new soil can you see a real difference from your other grows!:)

I'm not an organic soil grower but I happened across this article a while back concerning the use of molasses. Since you all are discussing it, I'll drop a link.

Molasses For Plants

hey hook are you liking the new soil can you see a real difference from your other grows!:)

...too early to tell Sticky...the seeds only hit the dirt on the 24th, so they're not too long above ground...I've got 2 plants in my soil, and so far all are about the same...cheerz... :high-five:...h00k...:hookah: ...

I'm not an organic soil grower but I happened across this article a while back concerning the use of molasses. Since you all are discussing it, I'll drop a link.

Molasses For Plants
Thanks farside, that explains things we were talking about yesterday. I understand better now that to feed too much molasses would create too many micro organisms, their death through famine and no benefit to the whole system if I got it right. The little amount the rev calls for in the tea must be enough to get them going but not too much to be a burden to the balance of things. Like an appetizer before gorging on some tasty rocks.

Thanks farside, that explains things we were talking about yesterday. I understand better now that to feed too much molasses would create too many micro organisms, their death through famine and no benefit to the whole system if I got it right. The little amount the rev calls for in the tea must be enough to get them going but not too much to be a burden to the balance of things. Like an appetizer before gorging on some tasty rocks.

IDK if everyone is choosing a side on this, but I'm still on the fence. I see valid reasons or arguments for both sides. When M is added, and the colony population explodes, all the extra M is consumed, and likely additional organic matter, but then the great famine takes hold, the microbes die off to a normal level which leaves you in the same boat you were at before adding the M, but is that to say that having the population explosion and subsequent famine did no good to the plant/garden? If the down side to the great famine is dead microbes which is plant food, is this more of a moral question than a practical one? What I mean is, is the down side of breeding billions of living creatures to eat M and die a moral concern only? Or is there another down side or problem associated with having a massively inflated microbe population for a time? That article did not cover this well.

Back
Top Bottom