Perpetual Batch Grow - Indoor Hyrdo 4 1K Lights Ebb & Flow

Re: Perpetual Batch Grow - Indoor Hyrdo 4 1k lights Ebb&FLow

I'd like to thank you folks for stopping by. Its been a slow day at the grow. Cleaned and refilled my res today. Lav do I have plans for vacation. Gotta make Amsterdam once a year. I might be able to get the water automated enough to last out the trip.

I have a big day tomorrow. I'll be adding a new batch of 4 Afgan Kush to the flower room and firing up the 4th 1000w light. I'm going to add some hydrotron balls to my Blueberry. Should be tons of fun.

I scrounged most of my equipment so my room is more make due then built from the best pieces.
AirAndLight.jpg

The first diagram shows the air flow and lights. I'm pulling air into the room from the outside with a 6inch can fan. The air is released on the floor right in front of the oscillating fans where it's blown into the plants. 2 of the lights 1000 watt are dim-able which for heat and height reasons are running at 750 watts. If its a cool day I can run them up to 1000 watts. 1 is a 1000 watt and the 4th is a 600 watt dim-able.
WaterAndLight.jpg

This diagram shows the watering and canopy. I'm deploying plants at different heights using milk crates to form a semicircle canopy. This way I can get more of the canopy into the primary light fields under the lights.

see yur from my old stomping grounds in the 60's.....love the set up....do you have dimmer switches or do they come that way....hubby was interested in that, and wondered if it would hurt the lights any or is it ok? thanks for the info....
oh, we would love to know how, i think it is you, to set up the camera remote, so you could see and take pics....this i want to know how....please...i am wireless on the computer....have a computer in the building, but use laptops wireless to that one....so how do i do it? so i can see on the laptops and click pics? thank you....L:thumb::thumb::morenutes:

Hey Lav,
I am adjusting my dimmer switches on the fly while the lights are running. I've had a heat build up after sundown and have been lowing the light levels to keep the temps down. The instructions that came with the ballast do not warn against using the dimmer while the light is on and you can instantly see the difference in voltage up or down.

I've got a PC in my room with a web cam. Using it, I can see my room from anywhere and watch it constantly from my desktop while the lights are on. I take snap shots on a regular basis. Its an HD camera but not good enough to get a good look at the plants. I just use my phone for the close ups. The grow room PC shares a drive on my local network for pics and I use a video conference call to receive the web cam shots. I also have a remote desktop into the PC.

Hey Lav,
I am adjusting my dimmer switches on the fly while the lights are running. I've had a heat build up after sundown and have been lowing the light levels to keep the temps down. The instructions that came with the ballast do not warn against using the dimmer while the light is on and you can instantly see the difference in voltage up or down.

I've got a PC in my room with a web cam. Using it, I can see my room from anywhere and watch it constantly from my desktop while the lights are on. I take snap shots on a regular basis. Its an HD camera but not good enough to get a good look at the plants. I just use my phone for the close ups. The grow room PC shares a drive on my local network for pics and I use a video conference call to receive the web cam shots. I also have a remote desktop into the PC.

see, i just dont know how to do it....and hubby is worse than me....so if i got it right....i can hook a cam. up in the grow room, hook that to the remote comp. and should be able to network see it on the laptops? i see that it could work, just how to set it up, but they are already networked i think....thank you...L wouldnt want to put that beast in the grow room, cost too much....L....they are networked enough that i use wireless internet on all the computers....is that networked or just wireless internet....now im confused....L

Lav,
The web cam is hooked up by USB cable to the host computer. USB can only reach so far especially with a hiRes video feed. Maybe 20 feet of cable max. The camera is not itself wireless but its host PC can be wireless. The host PC just has to be close enough to run the USB into the grow room. The software and details of how to access the video remotely this is something for a private message.

Lav,
The web cam is hooked up by USB cable to the host computer. USB can only reach so far especially with a hiRes video feed. Maybe 20 feet of cable max. The camera is not itself wireless but its host PC can be wireless. The host PC just has to be close enough to run the USB into the grow room. The software and details of how to access the video remotely this is something for a private message.

sounds good....the distance is a go.....pm me....L and thank you....if you dont want to do it, i can probably get radio shack to tell me? i understand if not....and thank you anyway....i think to pm me all you have to do is click on the icon or avatar, and choose private message...under contact info....L:thumb:

Greetings Lav,
If I follow your responses, you have a home network with multiple computers. All of these PCs have internet access. If you're on Macs, I can't help you much. What I don't see is that you have a web cam. You'll need on of those.
I've got a Microsoft HD LifeCam. It was $50. The more resolution the better. You want to be able to see the plants. There's a Logictech HD camera that also rotates 180 degrees I have my eye on for my next camera. I have a big temp gauge I can read with the camera and I can see the water levels in my ebb and flow trays.
The camera comes with all the software you need to see the video from the host PC.

Sorry I don't have enough 420 points to send a private message yet.

Batch 5 Moves to the Flower Room

I did a bunch of work on the room the last two days. I moved up a batch of 3 Afgan Kush plants and one OG Lemon Kush. They were the most ready to move. You can see the twist tie used to top the plants.
IMG00146-20101221-2012.jpg

Batch 4 Blueberry moves down under a 600w light at 13 days. I put hrydrotron balls under the blueberry as a test.
IMG00147-20101221-2012.jpg

Batch 3 Purple Kush Buds at 21 days
IMG00152-20101221-2013.jpg

Batch 2 OG Lemon Kush buds at 31 days
IMG00149-20101221-2012.jpg

Batch 1 OG Lemon Kush at 41 days
IMG00155-20101221-2014.jpg

The room is filling up nicely:
IMG00162-20101221-2016.jpg

Veg closet has more OG Lemon Kush, Grandaddy Purple and Bubba Kush. Youngest on the left.
IMG00165-20101221-2019.jpg

Greetings Lav,
If I follow your responses, you have a home network with multiple computers. All of these PCs have internet access. If you're on Macs, I can't help you much. What I don't see is that you have a web cam. You'll need on of those.
I've got a Microsoft HD LifeCam. It was $50. The more resolution the better. You want to be able to see the plants. There's a Logictech HD camera that also rotates 180 degrees I have my eye on for my next camera. I have a big temp gauge I can read with the camera and I can see the water levels in my ebb and flow trays.
The camera comes with all the software you need to see the video from the host PC.

Sorry I don't have enough 420 points to send a private message yet.

think you only have to have 25 posts.....unless thats an old rule....i think i can deal with it now....thank you so much....i
will see what i can find....thank you, L
and the latest pics look great....so happy for you to have such a good spot, must be fun to watch....have you done time lapse yet? L:goodjob::thumb:

I've found it takes 50 posts to send a private message. This is post 27 for me. I've been moving my camera around too much to get a good time lapse effect but I do have a bunch of close up shots of each batch every 10 days and plenty of daily shots from the room cam.

Re: Perpetual Batch Grow - 5th Rotation Bud Cam

My 1st batch is 50 days old today (flowering time). It time to post some close ups from my Bud Cam. It's not ready yet but looking good. Here's a shot of my 6 plant batch one. 4 OG Lemon Kush and 2 Hindu Skunk.
2010-12-29_13-50-39_422.jpg

Here's close ups on some of the buds. I've got plenty of color in the hairs but my trichomes still look clear to me.
IMG00175-20101229-1342.jpg
IMG00170-20101229-1339.jpg
IMG00168-20101229-1338.jpg

Here's some shots of my Blueberry 19 days into flower. Nice long hairs and 3 of the 4 are very well shaped:
2010-12-29_13-13-28_026.jpg

love the pics of those blueberries....what brand? mine didnt even start to color and went total hermie on me....would love to try again tho....great looking....happy new yr....L:thumb::thumb:

Thanks. The blueberry came in as clones from my local dispensary. I've bought all the clones as small plants. I should start to make my own. There's a limited selection of strains that rotate through the local stores. My next wave of batches are looking real good they are from the Oaksterdam Nursery.

Thanks. The blueberry came in as clones from my local dispensary. I've bought all the clones as small plants. I should start to make my own. There's a limited selection of strains that rotate through the local stores. My next wave of batches are looking real good they are from the Oaksterdam Nursery.

would love to be able to shop there....do they ever have casey jones seeds?
im sure where you get clones is good as your plants look really top notch...hugs, L:thumb::thumb:

Back
Top Bottom