Perpetual Batch Grow - Indoor Hyrdo 4 1K Lights Ebb & Flow

Re: Perpetual Batch Grow - Indoor Hyrdo 4 1k lights Ebb&FLow

They might have those seeds, they do have Casey Jones clones. I have been looking at seeds with 150 days plus start to finish with clones, I'm glad I don't have to add a few more weeks to grow the clones. I would get a much better selection of strains. My next batches are looking good. Next up I have Granddaddy Purple:
IMG00176-20101230-1200.jpg

And then I have two batches of Bubba Kush:
IMG00177-20101230-1200.jpg

The latest plants I've elevated to flower are Afgan Kush and a way stringy and will need to be doubled up to produce.
IMG00179-20101230-1202.jpg

After the Babba Kush I'm thinking more of the same or some X-13.

Howdy Social. I'm using res filled to 12 gallons with a 5 gallon recipes of GH nutes. I'm also using Bub Candy and some extracts (Lemon and Strawberry) for the flavored plants. I Ph every time I add water. I can water 2 twice before I need to top them off. I top them twice then clean them out and start over. I also have a res on Ph water I have to run it once a cycle to flush the lines. That's 6 days between new nutes. I've had plants on the Ph water for as long as a week in an attempt to mitigate my yellowing leaves but it had no effect.

I run the res dry each time I water. This takes 3-5 minutes. Then leave the pump running for another 5 minutes or so then turn them off and the trays drain. It takes 1/2 hour or so for the trays to empty.

Test Harvest

I'm getting close to harvesting my first batch and its time to test the dry box and my process. I've been keeping an extra Afgan Kush plant off to the side of the room. Its been my test plant and hasn't done very well as a result.
2010-12-30_12-44-38_418.jpg

As you can see she's a skinny kinda anorexic bitch. She's been abused and never had a place under the full lights. I carved her up and took off what little was left of the fan leaves:
2010-12-30_13-00-48_837.jpg

2010-12-30_13-02-59_911.jpg

As you can see she wasn't ready for harvest but I need to clear her before the ladies need the space.
2010-12-30_13-24-35_973.jpg

She's in the dry box now. She weighed in at 100 grams wet weight. I figure 8-12 grams dry maybe.

That often eh. It looks like you're using the same trays I am. I'm curious why do you have two lines from the res to the tray?
I'm putting about 3 inches of water into the trays once a day. I do it when the lights come on and the cubes are still damp when its time for lights out. I'm testing out some hyrdo balls but I don't think I need them.

That often eh. It looks like you're using the same trays I am. I'm curious why do you have two lines from the res to the tray?
I'm putting about 3 inches of water into the trays once a day. I do it when the lights come on and the cubes are still damp when its time for lights out. I'm testing out some hyrdo balls but I don't think I need them.

3/4" fill and a 3/4 overflow & a 1/4 "so all the nutes drain didnt want root rot ... i used 2 bags of hydroton my tray is full of roots

I'd rather not have the plants root into the trays. To complete my rotation, the plants have to move 3 times. From veg closet to the flower room and then at 10 days flower they move under a light, at 50 days flower they move beside the lights. I'm transplanting directly into 6" cubes in veg so the cubes are fully rooted for flowering. I've had 4 batches go thru veg and the 10 days beside the lights and that is working beautifully. They are doubling in size in the first 10 days. My 1st 50 day plants will be going beside the lights tomorrow. Their growth has really slowed and I think the lower light levels wont effect them as they ripen. (about 275 ft candles vs 450 or so) To make those moves I have my plants deployed in tomato cages. The cages have wire bottoms so you can pick up the plant by the cage with no damage. The cages are a great aid grooming the bud zone as I can twist tie the branches to them.
I think I will try to build out the wire baskets I have at the cage bottoms so the cages will hold the hyrdo balls like your wire pots do and sink my cubes into the balls. I have one tray with balls now and the roots extend into all the areas dark enough for em (my tubs are clear). I have to move that tray with both plants in it. More risk then I like. Its a real tight space and lots of bud branches around to damage.
At this point I think I have enough roots to keep em going and have no idea if more will show up in yield.
I used "t" for the drain plugs so the trays fully drain thru the same hose that filled em. My trays hold a full res (12 gallons) and I fill them in pairs, so no overflow is needed. If I should leave for a while I'll fill the bath tub and use that water to refill the res in-between watering. I should be able to go 6-10 days that way.

Howdy Social. I'm using res filled to 12 gallons with a 5 gallon recipes of GH nutes. I'm also using Bub Candy and some extracts (Lemon and Strawberry) for the flavored plants. I Ph every time I add water. I can water 2 twice before I need to top them off. I top them twice then clean them out and start over. I also have a res on Ph water I have to run it once a cycle to flush the lines. That's 6 days between new nutes. I've had plants on the Ph water for as long as a week in an attempt to mitigate my yellowing leaves but it had no effect.

I run the res dry each time I water. This takes 3-5 minutes. Then leave the pump running for another 5 minutes or so then turn them off and the trays drain. It takes 1/2 hour or so for the trays to empty.

i use extracts also...glad to hear someone else does....works great....L

They might have those seeds, they do have Casey Jones clones. I have been looking at seeds with 150 days plus start to finish with clones, I'm glad I don't have to add a few more weeks to grow the clones. I would get a much better selection of strains. My next batches are looking good. Next up I have Granddaddy Purple:
IMG00176-20101230-1200.jpg

And then I have two batches of Bubba Kush:
IMG00177-20101230-1200.jpg

The latest plants I've elevated to flower are Afgan Kush and a way stringy and will need to be doubled up to produce.
IMG00179-20101230-1202.jpg

After the Babba Kush I'm thinking more of the same or some X-13.

the bk is a standard here...always keep one or two going...dont do reports on them anymore....too many times...lol...darn i wish i could figure out how to shop there...the g.d.p. ive been trying to get for a yr at least...clone only from what i hear...i know the c.j. does have seeds tho....let me know if you see any please....looks like a good line up....and as for the sacrificial lady, well, sometimes you have to stomp a few grapes to make wine...been there, ect....was a way to hold off the "i need smoke" blues while growing it....and to test diff. ideas....still have a couple of friends down there, but dont think they are licensed...drat the luck...the garden looks great...you're a good grower....have you had a lot of practice or just alot of luck? looks like practice to me....later and hugs, L:thumb::thumb::thumb: oh, for the tall and such, use bush master....it works...

Thanks for the Kudos HashAssasin. Mats sound very interesting. Do you mean something like a CocoTek Coco Mat? I see the Coco mat online in rolls 1/4 inch thick. I'm not sure how to use something like that, doesn't seem thick enough for roots. This is what my trays look like now:
IMG00115-20101216-1533_3_.jpg

Thanks Lav. I'll check into seeds next time I buy clones. Should be soon.

Before I started this grow did one grow with a partner, kinda got ripped off in the end but got my hands dirty and my feet wet. He had several grows going and was real sloppy about it. I got to see several disasters and learned how not to do many things.
For example: We had a real heat wave here. One of his other grows was heating up threatening the plants. So I told him to turn off all but one of his lights and to buy blocks of ice and ice down the air intake. He left the lights on, bought ice cubes and dumped them into the trays. Can you say SHOCK. He told me he did that twice and the room was still too hot. He then kept his 4 600w lights on the tattered survivors for another 5 weeks producing 2 lbs of fluff that wouldn't get a mite high.
Sorry just a little venting.

Those are my favorite but you can also use the Sure to Grow Mats or the Sunleaves RootMat. Roots will love it trust me.

If the roots grow under the mat, I don't think they would work in my clear trays. Maybe spray paint or just duct tape. Do you have a picture of the matting in use?

You could layer but it's not necessary since you're only using it for the flower cycle. Roots will extend laterally throughout the mat. Try one batch with a single layer and one with two and see which one works best.:thumb:

I'd rather not have the plants root into the trays. To complete my rotation, the plants have to move 3 times. From veg closet to the flower room and then at 10 days flower they move under a light, at 50 days flower they move beside the lights. I'm transplanting directly into 6" cubes in veg so the cubes are fully rooted for flowering. I've had 4 batches go thru veg and the 10 days beside the lights and that is working beautifully. They are doubling in size in the first 10 days. My 1st 50 day plants will be going beside the lights tomorrow. Their growth has really slowed and I think the lower light levels wont effect them as they ripen. (about 275 ft candles vs 450 or so) To make those moves I have my plants deployed in tomato cages. The cages have wire bottoms so you can pick up the plant by the cage with no damage. The cages are a great aid grooming the bud zone as I can twist tie the branches to them.
I think I will try to build out the wire baskets I have at the cage bottoms so the cages will hold the hyrdo balls like your wire pots do and sink my cubes into the balls. I have one tray with balls now and the roots extend into all the areas dark enough for em (my tubs are clear). I have to move that tray with both plants in it. More risk then I like. Its a real tight space and lots of bud branches around to damage.
At this point I think I have enough roots to keep em going and have no idea if more will show up in yield.
I used "t" for the drain plugs so the trays fully drain thru the same hose that filled em. My trays hold a full res (12 gallons) and I fill them in pairs, so no overflow is needed. If I should leave for a while I'll fill the bath tub and use that water to refill the res in-between watering. I should be able to go 6-10 days that way.

lotta dif ways ta do it...happy new year:Rasta:

Back
Top Bottom