Perpetual Pics

I strapped the LEDs onto the HPS hood because I have limited space and strong hanging points between the existing lights. (rafters hidden above a plastic ceiling.) I can also control the angle of the lights this way. - - I'm not suggesting this as a great way to hang lights - then again, it only took a few minutes with a single knotted piece of rope.

It ant it blocking the hps light?

Also on the tube at NoobGrow

:ciao:josh

I totaled my car last night. I'm a hurting unit. If I could have foreseen this I would have held off on spending around $150 on new beans. Here's what I ordered:
Femmed Cali Connection Girl Scout Cookies

Femmed Bulldog Girl Scout Cookies XTRM (GSC x White Widow) Pictures of this one look amazing to me.

Femmed Reserva Privada Skywalker OG

Femmed DNA Genetics Kosher Tangie

Femmed Jordan of the Islands God's Blue Diesel

Femmed Rare Dankness Scott's OG

Femmed Rare Dankness OG Ghost Train Haze #1

Femmed Bomb Atomic Bomb

Femmed Barney's Cookies Kush. I've read mostly poor reviews on this one. I just wanted to give it a try.

Freebies are Femmed Delicious Candy, 2x Femmed World of Seeds Pakistan Valley, and 5x Afgahni regular.

Besides destroying my car, I'm still mad at myself. I germinated an Elemental True OG the other day. Somehow I managed to drop it when I was pulling it out of the paper towel. I looked in the carpet with the aid of a flashlight for around two hours to no avail. Every seed bank I've checked with is out of stock. I guess I'll have to wait on that one.

I've been doing a lot of trimming lately. I think I'm going to get rid of my G13. It's nothing like I remember it from 20+ years ago. It smells like cat piss and doesn't have that knock out indica body high. I'm also not very impressed with Florida OG. It has a good effect, but the taste isn't like any OG I've had before-very musty. Coupled with being a low yielder and around a 10 week flowering time, she may not last. I have a couple in 3 gallon Hempys. I'll decide after they are finished.

I don't know the origin of Blue Dream as she was a clone. I think she leans more towards the Super Silver Haze side in terms of taste and smell. A good yielder though. I'm going to keep her around for a while. I do like my DinaFem OG Kush although the taste is a bit muted. I was expecting more citrus. I have a couple Truth Bands finishing up. I've been giving them extra Silica Blast. Even with staking they are falling all over themselves. Branches can not support the bud weight. Smells good though.

That leaves us to the last strain I've been trimming, curing, and enjoying-Headband. All I can about this strain is wow.This bud is almost white colored. Some of the stickiest I've grown. Switching to Advanced base nutes and adding the LEDs are really starting to pay off. I don't know the breeder of this, as it was also a clone. But I'm going to keep this gal around for years to come. Maks my mouth water thinking about it.

Almost forgot, a buddy of mine brought over some Ghost OG procured from a recreational dispensary. The label said 27.9 THC and something around 1% CBD. It's been some time since I've had any "one hit quitter". This was definitely it. This is a great hybrid, just wish I could find some beans.

I guess that's enough rambling for now. :peacetwo::420:

Sorry about the car (and the Elemental True OG)

Graytail's thread has had a lot of strain talk lately, including talk about OG and Blue Dream.

I'll check it out.

When it rains it pours and such...just found a spider mite infestation in my mother room. Killed all the plants. I may take a break, go nuke, and start over.

You had your 3 troubles now - time to be done with things going wrong.

Really. I didn't kill all the plants, just G13 and Holy Grail Kush. The Holy Grail was the only affected one effected with mites. I have some in the cloner so I haven't lost the strain. I had the last of the G13 drying in that same room. I waited until it was dry today, removed the rack, and set off two bombs. Later tonight I'll spray them all down with a Green Cleaner.

Hopefully that will do the trick. Pisses me off though. It's been months since I've seen a mite. Then boom, that Holy Grail was totally infested. It's my fault. I haven't been spraying or taking any other preventive measures. I also left a window with a screen open. It's supposed to be 97F here for the next week so that window is now closed.

I'm considering, if I find more mites, to just kill all the mothers so I don't have to spend the next 6 months battling them. That last round really sucked all the fun out of growing for me. I have those new genetics en route. Talked to a buddy last night. He's about got the Cookies and Cream clones ready for me.

I'll try to get some flowering shots up tonight. We have company coming so it may not happen. I'm still really liking adding the LEDs. I'm currently growing the best medicine ever. Every strain is rock hard and covered in trichomes. I'm eager to see what I can now do with the Holy Grail. I need to get the clones out the machine. Going to definitely dip every one of them and pray I don't get more mites. I think it'll be alright. One one plant in one tent in one room.

:goodluck:

Company is here. House already destroyed. So, with the plants in the mite tent I sprayed them all with a mix of Green Cleaner and Azomax. Then watered them hard with Sierra Natural systemic and Azomax. Hope that helps. I noticed some on my Head Band mother. This is one strain I do not want to lose. Also set off bombs three times. I may stop buy the hydro shop tomorrow to see if they have any new products. I saw my local ranch and home supply place was carrying about a dozen different predator insects. May look into that. Lady bugs didn't do anything before. But I saw preying mantises and predator wasps. May look into that.

Here's a couple quick pics of the flowering tent. I left all the lights on out of laziness.

In the very back are a couple of about 4.5 feet tall Blue Dreams. I can't fit them directly under any of the lights but there's going to be some huge colas.

DSCN31506.JPG
DSCN31523.JPG

This is a Dinafem OG Kush I believe three weeks in.

DSCN31536.JPG

Finally this weighted down Truth Band that is next to be harvested.

DSCN31514.JPG
DSCN31545.JPG

There's that saying "When it rains it pours.". Yesterday morning my wife went down stairs to do some laundry. She came back up and said she heard a clicking sound. "****" is what I said to myself. There's only one thing down there that would sound like that, my oscillating fan inside the flowering tent.

I suppose we are very lucky that a fire did not start. That Light House Hydro tent had a catastrophic failure. It collapsed and twisted nearly 180 degrees while doing so. Both LED panels, my 600 what HPS, and over-sized carbon filter along with the fan were down on the plants. This had to happen while the lights were out because there was no scorching.

Miraculously there wasn't any real physical damage to the plants. Yeah, they are bent over and laying over. Aside from that the only thing I'm worried about is possibly throwing some nannners because I had to do some of the work during what should have been their lights off period. The HPS reflector is a little bent but the Ushio bulb and glass cool tube are still intact. LEDs seem good too.

For now I have the plants under a single Reflector panel. I wasn't prepared to do it so soon, but Friday is pay day. I'll get a new tent then. I'm thinking of going with a 5x5 footer. I don't really need a 4x8' for my needs. Also don't want to buy more lights or pay for more watts to light the larger tent. I'm going with Gorilla brand. I don't want this to ever happen again.

A buddy came over yesterday afternoon, coincidentally the same one that gave me the tent. He was telling me that the local hydro shop has a new line of Gorilla tents. I'm pretty certain he has his brands mixed up because I can't find what he describes on their home page or anywhere online. He said they are now 100% reflective. He made it sound like a smooth reflective finished instead of the typical pebbled one. I don't know, I have to work about a mile from the shop tonight. I think I'll pop in and take a look.

I've been busy. I totally stripped the room that I flower in. I ripped out the nasty old carpet and washed the concrete floor twice with 2X strength bleach water. The new tent has arrived and has been assembled. I'm not regretting getting a 4'x8' tent. It was fairly laborious for one person to put up the new 5'x5'. Most of the difficulty is that it is only 1" from the ceiling. I had to cut out 6" on the vertical but oh well.

DSCN31602.JPG

I have to say I'm pretty impressed by it. I'm somewhere around 200 lbs and could do pull ups in it before the lights were hung, Here's what the lights look like in their new home. No more over lap.

DSCN31563.JPG

Feels like I've been maintaining them these last few weeks instead of growing them. Looks like I have a perfect fit.

DSCN31552.JPG
DSCN31612.JPG

I delarfed and did some major defoliating before moving them back in. Center, second from the front is a Dinafem OG that was just moved in tonight. Speaking of strains, I'm going to stop growing Truth Band. It's not bad, but I prefer Head Band---not as much Sativa and crazy buds.

Here's some individual plants. I'll get them in natural light when each is ripe. I know the one in the back is a Blue Dream. Think I may stop growing her. Just really Haze tasting. The one with my hand is a Florida OG. Another that I may stop growing. I like the effect but it has no taste or smell to it.

DSCN31622.JPG
DSCN31631.JPG

A couple more pics.

DSCN31573.JPG
DSCN31593.JPG
DSCN31581.JPG
DSCN31631.JPG

So I attempted to germinate four new beans. Three, Cookies Kush, Bomb Atomic, and Ghost Train Haze are all above ground. CAalli Connection Girl Scout Cookies, Thin Mint Pheno, had her shell split, yesterday had the smallest tail start to poke out, today the tail looks gone. Pulled a turtle or something. I don't have much hope for the poor little thing. Likewise with my little runt Afgoo. That one has been in soil for over a month. It made its second set of true leaves, then just fell over. Her container was right next to one of those "plant/aquarium" florescent tubes.

All my friends that grow have been having issues with beans lately. That GSC should have been fresh. The just came back into stock at our sponsor Herbies less than a week when I ordered. Oh well, what can you do?

:peacetwo::420:

All my friends that grow have been having issues with beans lately. That GSC should have been fresh. The just came back into stock at our sponsor Herbies less than a week when I ordered. Oh well, what can you do?

:peacetwo::420:

I hear rumors that fresh harvested beans do not germinate well.

If they just came back into stock, maybe they need a couple of weeks in the refrigerator or a couple of months on the shelf before planting.

I don't know this authoritativly, just throwing it out there as a thought.

:party: Congratulations on your new tent. :party: It looks a good size for you.

Hey guys, it's been awhile. It was a hard summer. Unfortunately I didn't have much good to write about or take pics of.

I'm feeling that I made a mistake purchasing the Mars Reflector 192's. This summer was not as hot as last, but it failed to cool much during the nights. I lost dozens of plants. Just got too hot. There's not a good way to vent the heat of the LEDs unless I modify the case which would surely void any for of warranty.

I simply can not install air conditioning down there without adding another circuit. The power bill is enough as it is. I had the air cooled 600 watt HPS turned to 25% and the Leds only on "veg" and it was still too hot. I bought one of those $30 mushroom bag/CO2 generator things but it was a dud.

Now that fall is here temps are back in the norm. I have some ladies filling out the 5'x5' flowering tent. They are all in either 3.5 gallon Hempys, 2 and 3 gallon conventional pots with either Sunshine Mix #4 or now Pro Mix. The flowering girls are doing their thing. I think I'm going to put the LEDs in the veg tents and get a 1000 watt DE HPS set up like I should have from the beginning.

So, on to what is really bothering me...spider mites. I don't know the species or sub phylum, but I can't seem to get over them. Luckily they have, thus far only been present in a 4'x4'x7' veg tent. I had full webbing on my OG #18 mother. In the tent was also a Dina Fem OG mother, Marion Berry Kush, and Dynamite. They are all now in the bottom of my compost pile. I have another Dynamite bean, but have lost the other strains.

On to my delema. In that same basement bedroom I have an additional 2'x4'x6' veg tent. In it lives my coveted Holy Grail Kush mother along with Head Band, OG Ghost Train Haze (not sure what number-the only one that's femmed), Kosher Tangie, and Atomic Bomb. Possible one or two more strains in there. I'm not going to look now because of fear of spreading mites.

I'm basically at my whits end. I've been mixing up spray routines using Green Cleaner, Azomax, Nukem. Watering with Azomax and Sierra Natural's systemic formula. All those are OMRI listed. I've broken out the big guns with Avid, Tempo, and synthetic pyrithum bombs and Hot Shot No Pest Strips. The latter was only on mothers, nothing that is ingested. I can't seem to win. They will be gone for months at a time. As soon as I stop maintenance spraying they are back.

I think the best thing, or the most logical approach, would be to toss the 4'x4' tent and halt all veg activities until that room is fully cleaned out and sterilized. Kills me though, having to do that just when my environmental parameters are back within norm. I'd be down for...two months I'm guessing before I can start cloning again.

Going through my bean stash I have femmed: Pakistan Valley, Dynamite, Delicious Candy, Afgooey, and Bubbas Gift. Also have 14 regular Afghani. That's certainly enough to get me going again. I guess I'm looking to hear what someone else would do if in my situation.

:Namaste:

I decided to spray the spider mites every other day with a low cost solution - 5ml (1/2 tsp) neem oil and liquid soap in 1 qt water as a foliar every 2-3 nights a few minutes before lights out. Made up fresh each time (very important.) At $1 per OZ, 1 qt neem makes almost 200 qt of foliar spray at about 16 cents per qt.

I wiped out the spider mites in the veg room, not spraying for months, but not in the flower room.

The spider mites may not have been completely gone, but I didn't see them anymore and they didn't do any damage. The minute stress of foliar spraying seemed to improve flavor at harvest time. It also gave me a new appreciation for flowering cannabis - which I consider the most boring stage of their growth cycle.

Back
Top Bottom