Perpetual Pics

Very Nice

Couple of pics to keep you guys interested. First up is the flowering tent. I got some big girls going.

DSCN30924.JPG

Some of a Marion Berry Kush. I'm really liking this strain. This is a soil gal in a two gallon container.

DSCN30964.JPG
DSCN30975.JPG
DSCN30984.JPG
DSCN30994.JPG
DSCN31006.JPG

This is what I'm working on now. These are 3.5 gallon Hempys with one month of veg. I feel like this is a pretty happy medium...keeping veg fairly short while maximizing yield/footprint in the tent. There's a Dina Fem OG Kush on the left and a Marion Berry Kush on the right.

DSCN30933.JPG
DSCN30944.JPG
DSCN30956.JPG

I'm about to harvest the last of the 2 Liter Hempys that got stunted do to low temps. This is a Blue Blood on the left. Check out the plant on the right. No veg-straight from the cloner to flower. It's a Florida OG. What a beast. I just hope she fills out.

DSCN31013.JPG

In a week I'm going to purchase my first LED grow light. I am nervous to say the least. I keep going back and forth in my head about brands, costs, and saying to myself "F it. save the $$$ and get a double ended 1000 watt HID.". My initial plan was to buy one Advanced XTE 300 then add more as I can afford. Retail $849 for 252 watts. That's expensive considering I'm looking for around 1000 true watts for my 4'x4' tent.

So, I decided, only because of price, to go with Mars Hydro Reflector series. Two Reflector 192's retail for $622.72 and will give me around 820 true watts. I know they are Epistar diodes, not the Cree or Osram that Advanced uses. But that is 3 times the watts for 2/3 the price.

If things go right, in about a year and a half I'll be making around $100K/year. At that point I'll invest in higher end equipment and most likely get rid of the tents and convert the bedrooms into grow rooms. Until then I'm going to keep plugging along.

:Namaste:

Awesome. I will, have a bunch of errands to run today first. Thanks for posting that link Buckshot.

Well, I just ordered two Mars Hydro Reflector Series 192's (newer 5 watt version). I have to say people were right, customer service has been great. I can't wait until they get here. Hope they get here Monday. It's going to be a while before I know what they can do for flowering a plant with 100% LED's.

Think that large Marion Berry Kush is coming down next, in around 2 weeks. I have a Head Band, a Nebula, two Blue Dreams, and two Truth Bands on deck vegging in 3.5 gallon Hempies. Also have a Florida OG that's been in a 2 Liter Hempy for almost 2 months. I didn't flower her because the mother is getting root bound. I wanted to be sure I could get some viable clones.

So, Florida OG, Marion Berry, Dyna Fem OG, and the OG #18 mothers need to be flowered out. I also need to make some room for starting some of my outdoor vegetables. Think I have examples of all my strains in flower now. I'm going to have to narrow some down. Also have some clones from Exotic Genetix called Cookies and Cream. My buddy says they are lab testing theirs at over 28% THC. I can't wait.

:420:

9 strains at a time is fun !

I agree. It's all fun over here. I'll never be one of those monochromatic growers with one strain. No challenge in that.

New lights are en route. Next few months I'm going to focus on, think I have 14 live strains, whittling that number down. Mainly, what does best for me...The OG #18, Dinafem OG, and Florida OG. I think only Dinas could make an argument against my Holy Grail. Only time will tell. Same with Head Band VS Truth Band.

I have a bunch of beans I've been hoarding away, stashing them in the refrigerator. I'm looking forward to a glorious 2016. A buddy gave me a Fast and Vast femmed auto bean. I'm about to get her started to go outside for flowering. Supposed to be skunk-ish so I'm like...eh. Going to give her a whirl though.

I'm going back to full time in a few days. Had a Va-kay the last few. Updates will be far and few. Please bare with me. I have to do what I do in order to provide for my family. Think I've settled on my grow style...or two.

If anyone ever has a question, please ask. We're all here to promote each others' knowledge. I'm beyond the learning curve, at least I feel. I would like everyone reading this to be master growers-what ever media, strain, situation. Anyone can PM me with questions. Post on here if you're new to the forum and aren't yet allowed PM privileges.:420:

I guess Mars's warehouse is out of stock until April 10th. :nomo: That sucks but nothing anyone can do about it. I feel a bit like a kid on Christmas morning being told Santa didn't come. Hopefully they will arrive within 20 days. That shouldn't be too bad. I'll be able to put plants into flowering under nothing but LEDs for some real comparison.

Still no new LEDs. My two veg tents are getting overwhelmed. I have ladies that need flowering. I decided to chop this Marion Berry Kush. According to the scope I should have waited a couple more days. But she's been flushing with Clearex, evident on the leaves, for two weeks. Moved her out and had room for four new ones in the flowering tent. As always, camera sucks.

DSCN31094.JPG
DSCN31103.JPG
DSCN31113.JPG
DSCN31124.JPG
DSCN31132.JPG
DSCN31144.JPG
DSCN31154.JPG
DSCN31163.JPG
DSCN31174.JPG
DSCN31185.JPG

Thank you :420:!

I took some pics last night. They didn't turn out very well.

This is what the flowering tent is looking like.

DSCN31213.JPG
DSCN31224.JPG

This is what I'm working on-3 gallon Hempy Buckets with a month, strain dependent, of veg. Here's two Marion Berry Kushs.

DSCN31237.JPG
DSCN31244.JPG
DSCN31251.JPG
DSCN31263.JPG
DSCN31273.JPG
DSCN31294.JPG
DSCN31342.JPG
DSCN31304.JPG
DSCN31314.JPG
DSCN31322.JPG

Here's a plant I was using for a mother, Nebula. Haven't sampled her yet. She's about to start the flush.

DSCN31332.JPG
DSCN31356.JPG
DSCN31368.JPG
DSCN31376.JPG

Those look really good for a month-ish of veg time.

I FIMMed those Marion Berries twice. That's all the training they received. I do rotate them either 90 or 180 degrees each time I mess with them.

I'm still rocking the 600 watt HPS digi ballast with a Ushio bulb. But I have plant's from one foot high (total height-from the bottom of the container) to ones four foot tall. None of the plants are getting the light they need.

It's been nearly a month since I placed an order to Mars Hydro for two Reflector 192's. My patience is starting to wane. Think off the top of my head, using the bottom of their 120 Volt true wattage, I'll be getting 56 watts per square foot. Something like 820 true from the plug watts. Having two light sources will be better for different heights.

I'm going to make some more portable scrog screens next week and give that another go. Only thing I'm uncertain of is using leds. I'm not sure if I should leave the HPS in there, run a new dedicated 20 Amp circuit with 12 gauge wire, or just try flowering with straight led.

The only problem running the new circuit is I have a stone foundation. The panel box is on the exterior. I'd have to tear my "sitting room" wall apart to access the back of the panel. Easiest way would be running conduit from the panel box through the foundation. I have use of a rotar-hammer. Have everything other than the conduit. Suppose I could get some high dollar Romex, the type with UV resistant insulation. But that would look like crap on the outside of the house.

I suppose I don't have to worry about it until Mars delivers. As they say, keep on keeping on.

:420:

Exterior conduit will protect from mad dogs and squirrels while it looks better. It's probably worth the money.
Prices are good if they have it at ReStore, a Habitat for Humanity resale store.

You may not have to add another circuit.

820 watts is only 7 amps.

To combine my lights, I made HPS - LED saddlebag lights. I run the LEDs 3 hours a day in flower.

Radogast 2016 - The Neverending Growing

20160318_172544.jpg

Back
Top Bottom