Phenominawesome Family First Grow Tries Aurora Indica, AK48's - 1KW MH/HPS - 5x5 Tent

Re: Phenominawesome Family First Grow Tries Aurora Indica, AK48's - 1KW MH/HPS - 5x5

And we go up!

The Aurora is looking better without any help from me. I decided to hold off and feed it tomorrow as scheduled it's normal feed.

Even one half-scorched leaf is returning green and healthy on the other half.

The fungus or whatever it is looks under control. I think the neem massage is a good idea because I don't have to touch the buds. Hopefully it doesn't make them too nasty.

There are some rust colored spots here and there I will coat them before lights out.

Closer look and the AI doesn't have rust either ironically. just the two in the front corners = likely ventilation problem but I've already made a change here I'm testing. I also F'd up leaving it turned down for days.

I have a new idea for air. A 6 inch duct hanging down on both sides of the tent but goes through the upper hole.
This is so the intake and exhaust are low. It will suck in the AC air directly through a pantyhose filter and into the tent, blowing just under the canopy or lower.

This will save me from having to be there at 7AM and PM every day to change ventilation for lights out.

Will upload pics when done. I know late to getting environment tuned in, but it's the first flower :)

Cheers all and happy Saturday! I'll come by and check out your gardens tonight :)

Re: Phenominawesome Family First Grow Tries Aurora Indica, AK48's - 1KW MH/HPS - 5x5

Yep, just want to say HUGE thank you again this weekend for the assistance.

The Aurora is back on track she's looking great!

I didn't even feed yet as the pot was too wet, was on th fence on the flush and good thing too.

During my research I've read many problems with sledgehammer and cannabis as well as many successful stories. I guess its like a soap and a surfactant as well improves drainage.

One person suggests to add a couple of drops to the water in between feeds to keep drainage and salt buildup from happening. Personally, I would rather avoid flushing if I can until I actually want to in a couple of weeks.

I'll post pics before lights out show the progress over one day

Cheers all and thank you everyone again for the help, between everyone here's think tank and assist I think we manged to save the Aurora :)

THANK YOU

Some pics.
The new growth looks great.
Green is darkening, look at the leaf that was burned. That was Crispy and dying. Now the burnt part is soft and the rest is nice and green.

They don't look great by themselves but if you have been staring at them like I do, give difference :)

1.jpg
2.jpg
3.jpg

Have a great week everyone!

First 4 are AI.

Really sticky ass one that couldn't even properly grow sugar leaves, I still have the genetics but I got them deep inside a few buds so I think self pollination. Hence I won't work with them unless breeding and able to shake out any bisexuality.

Oh ya. Today I fed AI her nutes as usual.
PH between 6.5 and 7. Don't trust the pen anymore using liquid kit.
Ugh rambling... Pics!!

I have they grow right into resin and get stuck down.

1.jpg
2.jpg
3.jpg
4.jpg
5.jpg
6.jpg
7.jpg
8.jpg
9.jpg

I love that last shot. She's almost laughing at me with all that weight and no finish in sight :)

Good problems, like having to tie up your buds for support type problems

Good Morning Phenoman,

Don't you dare spend another weekend worrying over these plants! As you can see it was wasted time.

I don't care what medium you're using, what your methods are, what strain you're running or a myriad of other facts...any reasonable person, with just the slightest experience in the cannabis game, is going to tell you, you're grow is looking fantastic! Your last pic speaks for itself. The next time you worry over nothing, you're going to have to go to the front of the class and write on the chalk board 50 times "I won't worry myself to death over nothing."

Have a great day man...you're girls are looking fantastic!!

HaHaHaHa!

Thank you so much for the kind words.

Definitely a lesson in patience.

No Joke! I hate to say 'cruise control' but I'll just continue on with my regimen...minus stress :)

Have a great week!

Fun little saga for your first grow!! I had my issues with WPM, now i know what to do. Experience leads to knowledge, then you get to share the knowledge.

Fun little saga for your first grow!! I had my issues with WPM, now i know what to do. Experience leads to knowledge, then you get to share the knowledge.
Hey Age!

Thanks, ya been crazy for us both I was just reading about the PM issue of yours :(

You know what's crazy about that situation is I KNEW that I would have PM here.

I did countless hours of research to figure out how to keep that out of the garden.

Turns out tempurature is the biggest variable, that I can personally adjust without buying a dehumidifier and hepa filters.

68 degrees and below I think and the spores become active or something?

Anyway I'm curious to see how you treat so I'm going to pop in and see how things are going.

So the big question now is knowing when to harvest, or rather knowing when to begin flush?

All strains are listed as 7-9 week strains.

They are just starting their 7th week.

Oddly, the outside plants look way more mature.

I have a 60x scope but my eyes must be horrible...

The one AK48 that started showing preflowers at day 40 of veg looks mostly milky and I saw a couple that are amber. Still a lot of white hairs though. Doesn't gel.

The plant with most light, dead center, most mass etc is all still white hairs sticking out strong with a lot of weight stacked on...only very little trichomes and the ones I can see look clear.

The ICED Grapefruit looks like the Aurora... I think it is a race to the finish between these two.

I think this AI is an excellent phenotype wish I had clones.

Mind, until recently that side did have a Mars 300 adding to the 600 HPS. Could be why those 2 are super frosty and more mature.

Will post pics later but curious as to people's opinions what are some good rules of thumb, milestones or markers that it's time to use a clearing solution and water only from here on out?

Hey Phenoman,

Hope all is well in your world.

So you're closing in on the finish line...awesome! To try and at least give you some food for thought, in my experience concerning your Aurora, the 7-9 week time is accurate, but more from the point of when the plant began truly flowering. In my experience flowering really begins @ week 2 of the photoperiod change, and therefore the time from flip is more closer to the 9-11 week mark; with 11 seeming more ideal for the phenotype I'm accustomed to. This is not however a strict rule of thumb; your phenotype is different so be sure to treat it as such. It's also been my experience that the Aurora will continue to push a substantial amount of white pistils even at the time of harvest, however, the majority will be red / brown. My point is don't rely solely on the pistils. In my opinion it will serve you best to periodically check your girls with your loop, watch the pistils overall for their change from white to red / brown, monitor your overall flowering time and use all three to make as an informed decision as you can. We all struggle with the 'when to harvest' so don't sweat it...just don't grow too impatient and whack them early. It's really a great problem to have.

As to cloning your Aurora, I'm with Dinsdale; you can still take clones, though their re-veg will take some time. Another thought would be, at the time of harvest, don't up root the plant/s you want to clone, leave a small amount of bud and leaf on a few small branches and put her back into your Veg cycle...it will take some time and she'll look like hell for a bit, but you should be able to bring her back into veg, take clones and then for that matter, continue to veg and re-flower her. The over all point is; not all is lost.

Hope this helps a little...have an awesome day!

Thanks all, I think trying to reveg... that is a great Idea.
At the worst I gave her a shot.

I thought you had to do it right away in flower. That's excellent news.

Here are some photos.

Don't mind the liquid drops its when I applied neem to the firstly thought 'rust' leaves.

Not 100% but it appears could be calcium as it's slowed, nearly stopped since calcium/magnesium increase. Thanks Pennywise :)
hair if you zoom in :) took me a bit to realize how much pet hair gets sucked off of me going in there.
Going to make a friggin Mr Roger's rack and hang grow room clothes by the door;) Or a lab coat and shoes... Hmm.

Aurora Indica
1.jpg
2.jpg
3.jpg
4.jpg
5.jpg

I have 5 AI beans so ill watch yours to get an idea of what to expect

I have 5 AI beans so ill watch yours to get an idea of what to expect
Perfect!

That's the great thing about a journal.

I should have my USB microscope and be able to post trichome shots too.

I want this one as late as possible, show what she truly is.
So based on a 2 week rule of thumb for switching to flower, likely a couple of more weeks before flush.

When you say watch trichomes, it's there a look to them at 2 weeks out? I know that may seem a long flush to some people but being in soil I want to make sure the plant is cannabilizing itself as much as possible.

Back
Top Bottom