Pheno's Perpetual: Ocean Grown Dark Plasma, Other Top Shelf TBD, Breeding For THC-V

Re: Pheno's Perpetual - Ocean Grown Dark Plasma - Other Top Shelf TBD, Breeding For T

doesn't look like I'll have much time before flower.

They are loving the new pots.

I'm going to let them dry out a bit but I realized had I went right from cloner into this tent with MH I could have saved a week most likely.

they grow so fast in coco its hard to keep up once you got them going. I am going to spend the next couple of days figuring out where each one should go and lay the first trellis.

I did make a labeling mistake and only have one clone of number 5 so I'll be taking some cuts of that before I go into flower. I think that may be the keeper now as it is much more vigorous than I thought at first.

look at the size of the fans on her and she's still a babe!

nice happy girls :)
c79e85f867d1eb383b88a7260df1555c.jpg
93e241a6073afad1ae16bd4aeade6f4a.jpg

Re: Pheno's Perpetual - Ocean Grown Dark Plasma - Other Top Shelf TBD, Breeding For T

Koo koo for coco! Lol
lol I love it, was just remarking how much I love it to the wife.

it's great to take one thing out of the equation and let me tune the environment.

for example I've temporarily gone to just the base GH hydro while I find cause for some issues.

...that being said I am having some issues and postponed my flip until I figure it out. looks like a deficiency my thought is PH due to my mixing some FF nutes and PH to fast without waiting. I found checking remaining solution later was way too high so might be just a PH swing.

ill post below PW details, any help is of course greatly appreciated my friend :)

Okay so as I solved one problem I noticed that they are very magnesium hungry so a little bit more Epsom salt took the purpling right out of most of the stems which is great.

I stop adding cal-mag because I'm using tap water that has a lot of calcium and I'm starting to see what looks like either a Calcium deficiency or maybe potassium,
It could be part of a transplant shock they went through hell during transplant all admit I didn't do a great job.

Lastly, I saw some similar type problem start due to light burn in my first grow. I am running a 600 watt metal halide at about 18 in might be a little bit too close for these little vegging plants, so I backed off the light to 24 inches.
feeding/watering a whole gallon per plant of just GH base PHd 5.8ish.
I forgot how long you needed to wait for Fox Farm to stablize in PH and I think I through it off, my remaining solution tested around 8 the next day.

I will test runnoff, inspect for bugs a little more diligent and look for improvement. want healthy as can be before trellis and flip.

the last pics with discoloration could be spilled nutrient solution I guess.

Since humidity finally low for the first time. ever I read pests are more common in dry. so not fighting mold I think but gotta be careful about those bugs.

light 600W HPS 24hrs.
was at 18 inches raised to 24.
RH 30%Ttemp 75-77f
3 gallons coco
fed 1 gallon per as leaching/correction with GH base nutes only.
pinch epsom(1/4tsp),
3ml micro,
5ml grow,
2ml bloom.
per gallon of high calcium tap water. Evaporated 24 hours. local report shows chlorine but no chloromines or mides. ppm 200 from tap.
PH 5.5 to 6.
cdb1d6adf1b7bcef770081712d8c7852.jpg
1b167beb2f87946a887164bc2775a6d9.jpg
fe7a36778a7a76d77e061d1b49156b8d.jpg
e32f2db2eaeb3b89bd1fb1d0e7b5878c.jpg

I think what happens is we feed cal mag heavily because of the coco and leds. Plants can eat a lot of calcium but only limited amounts of magnesium. If don't water to runoff then magnesium builds up and we start seeing other nutrients getting locked out namely calcium
133f98e061d7fe88db616278761ca714.jpg

I think what happens is we feed cal mag heavily because of the coco and leds. Plants can eat a lot of calcium but only limited amounts of magnesium. If don't water to runoff then magnesium builds up and we start seeing other nutrients getting locked out namely calcium
133f98e061d7fe88db616278761ca714.jpg
excellent information!

I was lookong for this as I suspected the same.

My last grow I ran the 600MH very high, 2.5ft or more in veg, but I thought they could use more this time because that was how some got away from me last time.

Very likely my program isn't quite 100% yet and the intense light brought out the imbalance.

Since moving up the light and flushing with my normal GH base (no calmag just usual 1/4tsp of epsom salt) the girls look great again. I think that I had a PH swing/ or likely a possible calcium lockout starting since increasing the magnesium. Either way should be corrected, praise coco;) I am keeping close eye.
If it's any indication every single photo of these Dark Plasma seem to have purple stems and streaks in the stalks so I was surprised my espsom increase turned things so so green. I think I will allow a bit of purple if it means a good balence.

another thought is to float the PH a little each time add a couple drops less PH down or more and alternate 23, 25, 27. should cover 5.8 to 6.

would you recommend reducing my magnesium sulfate or adding calmag instead as I have both?
It might be a good idea to use calmag for the correct ratios instead of guessing with tap and Epsom but I would like to go that route if I can tune it in.
I will have to redo my PH, no biggie and reduce N a little someplace, but I've made it work before... need to check my notes.
That was when I started getting those hugely hollow brittle stems and stalks though so I will watch for that. RO system on the future list.

Much cheers, thanks and growers love!

ya, checking again and the necrosis has stopped and the controls are looking better.
It is dead tissue but when it begins to mend you see the area outline and solidify in color, then the spot browns.
If the problem is still there, spots stay the same multicolor but grows.

One of those things that I know from experience but have a hard time explaining. I must have spent so many hours staring at the Aurora when she was sick.

I'm going to put up the trellis to get support up and training, I'm confident they will be fine and ready soon.

Just add calmag but keep a close eye on them. Purple can be genetic also.

Just add calmag but keep a close eye on them. Purple can be genetic also.
ya, these are hard to read.
since it did subside I worried that it wasn't natural. under the LED you cannot remove the purple from petioles and streaked stems.

we had a humidity and temperature swing so ladt night and today they got up to 50RH and 82degress. total change! a bit of humidity and temp put them into overdrive!

Edible Tip: I've been liking edibles lately, found and modified a sugar cookie recipe and it's hard to not eat them for flavor alone.
Google "stupid simple sugar cookies" I change, use half brown sugar and add a dust of cinnamon. bake 325 instead of 350.
also found my oven is 25-40 degrees hotter than set in the center rack with IR thermometer. important when working with cannabis!
it took a few tries but I got my infusion down. add plenty of water and decarb first 20 min covered casserole dish at 240.
add slow cooker overnight on 'warm'. (190F), see the 'low' setting (220-240) boils on mine so you need to stand there stirring often and adding water. Might have wasted half ounce to this mistake...they were weak the first time.
Now they are sublime.
have most terpenes still.
BTW I have a modern crockpot brand slow cooker.
thought I would throw out a bit of what I have been cooking up...

...and girls now healthy with first trellis up. All my hard work is about to go into flower! Ocean Grown Dark Plasma girls (Forum GSC x Obi-Wan OG Kush) 2 phenos in a scrog. Wish me luck
b37aba0701617c504694b58a24186163.jpg
021c1467dc3ee9290bd85ed59a37a9da.jpg
8d76b53086e3db0b74f358fa31f508e2.jpg

I make oil when i do the edibles. An ounce to a cup. Put the jar in big pot of water so its floating. Boil 1.5 hours, strain, and enjoy. Ooooooh Gooood Stuff!

Looking good in there :thumb:

Interesting strain and project you have going, I'm in :popcorn:

Looking good in there :thumb:

Interesting strain and project you have going, I'm in :popcorn:
Thanks PurpleGunRack! love the name! Purple is my wife's obsession and will lead to a true breed purple plant also by Ocean Grown.
Ninja Fruit or a new one bred by Stoned Ninja called 'Bruja Purpura' (Ninja Fruit x Witches Brew).

I will be starting my own breeding soon as well in this thread.

Thanks for coming by and welcome!!

I make oil when i do the edibles. An ounce to a cup. Put the jar in big pot of water so its floating. Boil 1.5 hours, strain, and enjoy. Ooooooh Gooood Stuff!
that's sounds perfect brother, thank you for the easy recipe!

would this oil be good for say dipping bread or drissling on salad as well as used in cooking brownies?

Garden update veg week 2.

So as usual we nailed it Pennywise.

Calcium deficiency. I forgot my last grow started with Calmag and I cut it out after brittle plants but these are like grape vine bendy!

So...

-Added 3ml calmag/gallon.

-stopped the Epsom salt for now, can add slowly back if needed.

-Cut the GH Grow back to 3ml from 5.

-increased GH bloom to 5ml from 2ml for added Phosphorus. just in case the reason was slowed matabolism.

Plus the bloom nutrients were uses with Micro alone for many years with cannabis and with a much higher dose of bloom.

I also learned a few important things because of this. UV light with Metal Halide or LED will bring out imbalences in feeding faster than my old HPS buld that had little to no UV
.. unlike the Hortilux Super HPS which I will run this round.

PH is good in runnof, new growth is vigorous, happy and no discolored. I will fill the scrog a little more than flip this weekend.

also... when they are done stretching, I will lollipop much more aggressively to get more top bud meat.

true scrog for first time.
f3530f52731e97e48f09116bc613916e.jpg
686532e32d0a679dda3b9342d156f0d8.jpg
da4254f2ff4ee4e5ca58968610f46ff5.jpg

Love a good scrog!
Thabks so much! Do you think, especially in front here that I should veg a bit more until each hole is filled?

the plan was to lollipop all under the first trellis, use it to guide ut the second trellis that I will put up day 21 flower is true cannopy top and by then I will have more tops than holes...

is this why you crisscross your scrog?

I actually weave the branches over and under the strings in the net that's why I add additional strings to the net. I was told initially to flip when 75% of the net is filled and I've always done it that way. Unless I have branches that are much taller than the majority I stop weaving once I flip. I like some stretch once I flip for taller colas. Led and coco will increase the demand for additional nutrients especially calcium.

Thank you PW. ya, I am nearly full so I think my idea of flipping Sunday will be perfect.

its funny you mention weaving them, as I started doing that with a couple out of intuition and need of support, the front was supposed to be 2 cuts but I only had enough coco for one.

it's perfect, im fimming and running the tops along the trellis.

no root zone damage for support with bamboo poles. of course hermies weaved it would be a hassle but otherwise this is great!

so ya day one of 12/12 will be likely Sunday the 27th!

I did a foliar fed a couple of times the last two days to help recover from calcium deficiency, help with humidity which is 30-50% crazy, never thought it would be so low.

started on a small section one day and no issues so did them all yesterday.

the leaves looked a bit dry so what the hell, and they seemed to love it! might be a winter addition to my program.

that's sounds perfect brother, thank you for the easy recipe!

would this oil be good for say dipping bread or drissling on salad as well as used in cooking brownies?

I would have to say that I either have really good trim and/ or a low tolerance. Maybe a bit of both. But I'll tell you what, the oil I make, I use to make a batch of brownies. The last batch I made called for 2/3 cup for 9 brownies. The oil is strong and that's with trim. I urge caution when trying anything new. Remember you can always eat another brownie, but goin at it the other way sucks and don't taste too good either.

Less is more, go easy.

Back
Top Bottom