Pheno's Perpetual: Ocean Grown Dark Plasma, Other Top Shelf TBD, Breeding For THC-V

Re: Pheno's Perpetual - Ocean Grown Dark Plasma - Other Top Shelf TBD, Breeding For T

I would have to say that I either have really good trim and/ or a low tolerance. Maybe a bit of both. But I'll tell you what, the oil I make, I use to make a batch of brownies. The last batch I made called for 2/3 cup for 9 brownies. The oil is strong and that's with trim. I urge caution when trying anything new. Remember you can always eat another brownie, but goin at it the other way sucks and don't taste too good either.

Less is more, go easy.
ya, I learned that the hard way lol.

my first batch was weaker, plus I didn't monitor temps well and found later my oven runs 25 degrees hot... so after doing it correctly and eating 2 whole cookies of some potent butter and was almost passing out drunk and quesy feeling. I have a very high tolerance. smoke an ounce and a half a week. I think that is a lot anyway.
it doesn't take much to reset, I found giving up my wake and bake sesh sucks but will get my tolerance down in a week or so(I smoke all day for medical reasons, weaning off of hard pharmaceuticals, successfully too:) )

(I use 1.5oz trim/larf or 1oz bud depending. guessing 18 to 20 percent THC for these autos. GSC looks 20+%. These next ones will blow that out of the water. My second Diesel isn't the best smoke, not really a Diesel at all in profile unlike her sister but produced a lot so been cooking with her also).

Cheers again my friend! I like the quicker infusion now and haven't done oil so will try your method next.

Re: Pheno's Perpetual - Ocean Grown Dark Plasma - Other Top Shelf TBD, Breeding For T

Update:

Day 3 of 12/12

Here's the flower tent. I have both trellises up.

Light is now at 1000w of Metal Halide.
Temp 73-82 RH 45-60. normally 77 to 79 lights on.
At around day 21 or when stretch over I will lollipop under the bottom trellis and put in HPS bulb. I think the UV during stretch would be a good start the epigenetic trigger for heavier resin production.

if it goes as planned, I should get some nice tops above the tops trellis and some good medium buds in the middle.

the Girls were just fed first transition nutrition as follows:

All measures per gallon,
Base
3ml - Botanicare Calmag Plus
4ml - GH Micro
3ml - GH Grow
5ml - GH Bloom
1/4 teaspoon Epsom Salt *(even though I used Calmag plus, my tap gas calcium and because of the cation exchange capacity, (CEC) in coco, the balenced ratio of magnesium to calcium is better. after stretching I will cut out Calmag and use only Epsom with my tap water.

Also added
3ml - GH Flora Blend
15 drops Floralicous plus

These help with many things, hormones from kelp help stimulate metabolism and immune system which is crucial during flower stretch. also the contain protein and humic acids. It is my thought to not overdo it, but set them up for success.

So far they love the extra light and food!

c012bfef7f8c2ef41cb48442719c6d96.jpg
db6b3126835cb037ba053dfb9a408806.jpg
fdcbf151ee707911218a6fd09cf87fd2.jpg
8e0ef951b14ab7f47288d41a38f43ba9.jpg
06da1dfa1359064ca520addb0fd3a68e.jpg
6e28415ace1b322a44d811b12b337027.jpg

Thats a great lookin setup. What containers are those?
Thanks Age, these are 3 gallon exactly as printed on the bottom of the pot.

They hold nearly the same volume as my 5 gallon smart pots. it's not even a gallon different if that helps?

Day 5 Flowering photoperiod.
Forgot to cover my hygrometer and the difference in temps in startling. whew started to worry.

see photos below amd actually chexking again shows a comfy 75f but basically it reads 5 to 6 degrees hotter than reality due to the black frame. covering it with panda film corrects it.

I was checking all over with my IR thermometer looking for hot spots and confirmed what I had originally suspected about these. My tip for the day ;)

They are stretching up and looking good.

-I did break down and put the HPS bulb in also.

Decided its likely the best option. I want to give myself the best chance of growing something that I consider top shelf weed.

Now, I want to clean up the bottom and more importantly defoliate the top a bit so that light can get down and they can grow into the top trellis a bit easier.
ee539c115154b013b63e6ba82eadc246.jpg
645231b9f70ba9e7fa8006b5115afab5.jpg
7de47a73a5e846418a39be9c1c43129c.jpg
b7233d0c916e427ff7d54c387be05d0d.jpg
53e93d32e36b5f47191b954ce3cd5e75.jpg

Looking good man! Im digging the scrog im currently experimenting with nets for the first time. Its going great but i wish mine was more uniform like yours i have a few c99s that are making their own rules. Ww is much neater. Keep up the good work! I just got caught up seems we have a couple things in common im subbed for the ride. .

Nice to have you along Dope! I'll have to check out those Cindies! they are yet another legendary strain i've yet to sample:)

Thanks my friend!
I sure hope so :)
If my first run was any indication, this is a very promising method and since the girls are lanky, possibly either cookies or OG, best to try for a good yield in case the buds are smallish.
I gotta pop-in on the Malawi, last I saw she had a nice big sativa terminal, looking good with those leaves kinda hangin out like it's the tropics.:thumb:

Did i miss a picture of the pot...? :)
here ya go ;) they broke through the trellis today so I moved it up. That makes me happy, I want them to stretch up now nice and tall with a lot of bud sites. I have an easy foot yet.

then I can go under here in a week or two and remove all this 70s naturale.

man, seeing something crazy. I'll post below...
fc5f550726247ebb19581c3df42d933f.jpg
cb31a46fedd99274aa8143f545f6de47.jpg
ebc3ad82fd81d50964aa3a5dd525ff4f.jpg
f1a986f9366f07bffadb28c6fcbe1369.jpg

so, I think I have mosaic on my stretchy girl.
I have read mixed things, some say more often than not it is not a problem.
Vader has mentioned that he's not seen it cause problems with others.
I chew tobacco and didn't know it was in the chew! Yup.. cigarettes too.

I used the same damn thumb that I dip with to trim leaves!

I know stupid lazy move and I learned. Only a couple leaves showing so far.

likely this stress causing it to show again. I saw this on the mother before taking the cuts a little bit.

That is ok though because I think I like the other better, I could cross it (malawi LMFAO) and bring back some vigor.
... ah rationalization.

Anyhoo anyone seen this? I saw folks treating with asprin. but unless I see a problem other than pigmentation...
ef896281e25de636c8f236f42187b545.jpg

That could just be genetic also
Thanks Pennywise.

Right again I think!

Yep after some very in depth research yesterday, discussing this with some others etc, it's more likely a genetic mutation called variegation which you likely know :) but in case anyone else happens by and want to look at it.

Most of the time its harmless, however the leaves with pigmentation issue are not as efficient of course.

Another thing bugging me about my mosaic diagnosis was the symmetry.

Every cut seems to have 2 leaves that do this in the same spot (relative to itself) and a very similar pattern.

yep genetic pigmentation variegation.

Update closing day 9.

fed yesterday and they were still hungry so increasing food a little bit and fed again today at lights on...
yesterday fed 2/3 Gallon nutrient solution made up as follows :
1/4 Epson
3ml Grow
5ml Micro
7ml Bloom
3ml Blend

day 9 start looked very yellow in new growth and hungry still so fed again as follows
no Epsom
3ml Calmag Plus with iron
3ml grow
5ml micro
7ml bloom
1ml Liquid Koolbloom.

-hooked up charcoal cannister today. long as humidity doesn't reach 80% should last this grow.

Im changed panyhose filters on intake alsl

by lights out they are back on track already with no N toxicity..

getting it down :)

They are filling in trellis. I want to prune/lollipop asap to get them into the top trellis logically a bit better, but it may be too soon based on what I have read.

im unable to post photos for some reason...odd. oh well later I guess

Glad everything is back on track, now slow and steady wins the race

Yep, Thanks for the reminder.

One more bit of large maintenance, and that is some cleanup once it's safe (hormonal) for the cuts to take a bunch of leaves and stuff.

Quick question. Do you have a set time to do this?

My first thought was that I heard of folks lollipoping/pruning at day 21 12/12 but now I think I was mistaken. Looking back at some old research I have written day ~14, and an episode of a grow show I watch mentioned the same, day 14.

It's getting thick foliage wise and the humidity is climbing a bit so I think day 14 would be great as well. I guess it might be a stretch thing also but since my first go with these not sure how long it will take.

Ordered some more coco for the mothers and next round grow as well some proper trimmers and an

Also glad to say, finally got my Eye Hortilux Super HPS bulb!

Well I've purchased it, it will be here by the weekend.

I look at it this way, when you stare at buds all day it becomes apparent very quickly the spectrum of light highly affects the quality of the final product. the science has backed this up as we knew 20 years ago that UV light produced more resin on the plant. To the point that I would argue many early blurple LEDs in small grow tents have beating many commercial HPS in quality...visual quality i.e. more trichomes and resin production, higher testing of overall cannabanoids if not a higher THC percent (which is way more important than how much THC it has for most things due to the entourage effect anyway but different conversation).

I'm so stoked about that as it's the closest thing I can afford right now to a proper LED in Spectrum with the intensity that I need.

25% more UV than the other leading bulbs and my bulb is so far from a 'leading' bulb it's laughable. Ya my current bulb is absolute crap when you look at the spectral analysis. It was a cheap 1KW light kit from Amazon for 250 bucks but will be a great thing to have when I blow a bulb mid flower.

So ya the old one, no blue in that sucker at all.

I've already got an awesome MH bulb that was like 75 bucks, while the EYE lists for 130 it was only 61 bucks on Zon with most sites similar.

So no excuses this time baby. I got everything I need to grow an A+ crop except experience with the strain so let's say I got everything to grow an A crop :)

Cheers all, photos up soon

Back
Top Bottom