Pheno's Perpetual: Ocean Grown Dark Plasma, Other Top Shelf TBD, Breeding For THC-V

Re: Pheno's Perpetual - Ocean Grown Dark Plasma - Other Top Shelf TBD, Breeding For T

It really was a heartbreaker for me. I went to the cannabis cup here last fall with the sole purpose of getting some o.g. gear. I got my pack of seeds at the ocean grown both ( after doing a dab ) so they were fresh seeds straight from the breeders hand. I even bs'd with Vader for a minute. Cool guy. I really had high hopes
Ya me too. I get myself really excited and try not to get hopes up, but let's be real.

I decided last spring to do the Plasmas and really thought I was going to nail this one, which provided I had the right plant, it would have been amazing.
While this last girl is slow she makes up for it in strength.
I chose the other in fear of the spring weather, but now that I have seen them both in flower a while, the number 5 is slow initially in veg she is budding faster than the lanky herm by far now so maybe she is the fast finisher too for all I know lol.

I hope her flowers reflect the same perfection as her structure and smell.

I also have 7 more to pop but I am worried about that, at least until I get back to work with a secure income and decide to stay in this big house way out in the middle of BFE or go closer to Detroit by my mother and sister. I can always drive small plants I guess...but they would have to be tested in a new environment.

I have the opportunity to run my light there with little rent and the ability to care for my mother in her later years while catching up with family so it is very interesting to dream and consider... heck I get enough equity I can buy outright with cash by my mother lol. 30-50k for decent houses. I just worry about the neighborhood and drama.

Re: Pheno's Perpetual - Ocean Grown Dark Plasma - Other Top Shelf TBD, Breeding For T

Was this your first grow Pheno?
No this is my third.
My first grow I had a hermaphrodite seed the rest early it was done in a scrog similar to this. I had a good harvest but it had seeds.
My second row I started with 11 autoflowers and I had to kick out a couple but otherwise it was a on point grow from start to finish and I pulled over a pound.

So this one I thought I had it pretty much dialed in I just cut too many leaves off for this pheno and the defoliation stressed that plant out too much I think.

It's all a learning experience and sometimes it depends on a little luck. I'm kinda new grower too. I've been doing a constant grow for last couple of years. This winter has been a real pain for me. Trying to get temp swings under control. When you did the autos, did you run sweet seeds or fast buds. I had really good luck with those

It's all a learning experience and sometimes it depends on a little luck. I'm kinda new grower too. I've been doing a constant grow for last couple of years. This winter has been a real pain for me. Trying to get temp swings under control. When you did the autos, did you run sweet seeds or fast buds. I had really good luck with those
I did a test of a few different breeders so I ran Girl Scout cookies green crack and lsd-25 from Fast buds, Royal Queen seeds NYC diesel, greenhouse seeds Northern Lights which after the cure is becoming my favorite over the cookies now.
it's funny how that works...
I grew three fastbuds Girl Scout cookies I'll have to say overall that would be what I would buy again and I'm actually considering doing it because all three plants yielded well, 60 to 90 grams were very potent and had great effects I really could not ask for anything more. As far as them being Girl Scout cookies I really don't know I live out in the middle of nowhere so getting to a dispensary is like going on vacation so it's a lot easier just to get what we have locally the only other cookies I had tasted way different these all had a diesel flavor which I love one had a key lime pie type that was my favorite of the bunch effects wise my favorite of the whole garden. was a tall girl. The other two could have been carbon copies of themselves pretty much one is a little Piney but barely. great great smoke. I would never know it an Auto other than the extremely huge calyxs they all seemed to have lol.

The other seed companies like Royal Queen, Man one was right on the money favorite in flavor... not extremely potent but a great day time smoke very calming but energetic which is exactly what I need.
... and the other tasted like crap has very low potency basically ditch weed. been cooking with it... and that one really sucks I gave it an extra two weeks it's got these gigantic really dense nugs with very little trichomes or potency:(

Experiment was basically to see if I could do one light and provide us with medicine that was enough to keep us satisfied.

The problem we have however is that we can't clone and we can't keep a strain so if we find that winner we might never find it again so we're going to true breed and going to do our own breeding program as soon as finances turn around which they always do.

BTW the above "ditchweed" specimin is similar to the AK48 girl that dominated the tent my first grow. I think that it could have been the early seeding but I think it was the horrible bulb spectrum. hence the hortilux super HPS upgrade.

Ok new direction, going to finish flowering the #5 on 400w by herself. popping some more plasma, I miscounted still have 8 popping 4 that I can do with tomato cages,

I just dropped 2 fem Jack Herer and 2 fem Amnesia x OG freebies for shiggles. Same thing, tomato cages incase I need pull.

Considering the yield isn't that big of an idea over quality in this case I'm going to just stay away from the scrog unless the one that I find is just really in need of it

Hey Pheno that seeded bud still could turn out to be some decent smoke so don't do anything hasty.
While I appreciate it, and actually considered it for a minute after spending so many months picking seeds out of my bud that was just from a light dusting from a single Herm that was removed instantly... if I would have let this Garden go every single plant would be throwing pollen it would be a horror show IMHO. I also thought about trying to pull the male sacks off but there was so many of them starting up, some behind buds it would have been a crazy ordeal.

I decided to cut them all down except for the one that didn't Herm in the middle which is a different plant that's # 5 the one in the cloner.

4 Dark Plasma
2 fem Jack Herer
2 fem Amnesia x OG
d7ae61238e77d9edc9021e10503c88a1.jpg
57011f8ee3546463cad970c9c0294a77.jpg

Hey, while it sucks a bit of perspective.

I was able to grow on my second groh but that is probably comparable to the stuff that would take people lifetime of trial and error and because I have the friends and tools that I do in this day and age, cannot help but be grateful.

Now when we start running out of Medicine and it's not Harvest Time things are going to change obviously we should be able to make it but I was really glad for a minute that I wouldn't have to cut it close but I think I will this time I have to cut it close.

Another plus though is that the dark plasmas are quick harvest 52 to 60 days 12 12 typical whereas the other two will take a little longer so I'll have something right away and something to wait for.

yes, I think luck is a HUGE player here!

While I appreciate it, and actually considered it for a minute after spending so many months picking seeds out of my bud that was just from a light dusting from a single Herm that was removed instantly... if I would have let this Garden go every single plant would be throwing pollen it would be a horror show IMHO. I also thought about trying to pull the male sacks off but there was so many of them starting up, some behind buds it would have been a crazy ordeal.

I decided to cut them all down except for the one that didn't Herm in the middle which is a different plant that's # 5 the one in the cloner.
Also to add, I decided to look into a product called switch, by Dutch Masters because I couldn't remember the mode of action and something in my head was telling me that I remembered thinking there was a good use for it IMO at least.

I did find some threads that suggest this product could stop herming plants and get them on track to staying female.

While that is a good idea I think for my purposes especially with breeding in the future I need to make sure that the strains that I choose are only the best.

No exceptions. That plant was showing variegation, or mosaic infection already. Lanky. Heck even my keeper is a little lanky but actually what I would call perfect.

I am confident I can make this plant work in flood and drain as well on the ground.

A version of her was fed heavy, Nearly N toxic and the stretch ate it up perfectly while sexing her. That same version was dried and abused like crazy... I f-ed up not double checking PH and shocked her.

BTW and note to self, sense all of my problems nutrition wise are all PH related IMO I'm now setting out 16 gallon jugs at a time always and cycle through 4. mix nutrition 12 hours before feeding and am always double checking PH twice per gallon because a drop of liquid off the skin will throw it off.

shoot wrong app, one sec a pic of our remaining girl under 400w.

Start weaving the taller colas and get her spreading horizontally .

Thanks Pennywise,

I'll give that a try. Not sure how much stretch she has left but any extra coverage is worth it.

She should provide me enough meds I think to bridge the gap between what we have left and my just started seeds.

Looking at her now and her nodes spacing I'm guessing early (optimistically?) at 2-2.5 ounces.

Like I said before though, and reading this Marijuana Botany book, I would rather make sure that the genetics that I keep are the closest to the ideal than the others and the others should all be discarded. Based on my Checklist of desirable traits, very high on the list is sexual stability (I say as I am popping fem seeds lol.)

Actually there is a positive that may outweigh the negatives of fem beans and that is you know that the beans you get should be similar to one another and near identical to the mother. The difference is I have no intention of keeping any of those since I don't know how they were created. Was it Colloidal Silver, or pulled out in the middle of a lights out period for 2 hours a day for a few days...While it's genome will remain unchanged it's epigenome is not. It's theorized using the cloning method of culturing it will 'reset the epigenome' Possible epigenetic markers for Herms are switched on in the progeny making fem seeds.
Since epigenetic markers are influences by environmental stress it is possible to reverse this and my thought would be to work with a parent using one of the products that promote the hormone ethylene.

So long story long, having some fun with a couple of other strains and looking for more potential Dark Plasma moms and who knows right? (unless it is very good in which case it might be worth experimenting with a bit on it's own)

Once I get moved I'll look for 3-4 moms to work with. I'm getting a short list of plants that will work for me.

Someday I would like to try breeding. But I love the pheno hunting. If I ever do cross some strains, it'll be from regs. I just grew out a package of purple terps from second generation genetics. It was a 13 pack of regs. I ended up with 9 girls. I took cuts of half of them. But I ended up with one pheno that was kinda small, but it smelled like Blueberries and had a nice light purple color. I gifted that cut to a good friend and he'll hopefully keep it going. But my point is with regs it's like a box of chocolates. You never know what your going to find......On a different note I see you also had good results with fast buds. I grew 4 of there GG and they were really good smoke! No issues with the grow

Someday I would like to try breeding. But I love the pheno hunting. If I ever do cross some strains, it'll be from regs. I just grew out a package of purple terps from second generation genetics. It was a 13 pack of regs. I ended up with 9 girls. I took cuts of half of them. But I ended up with one pheno that was kinda small, but it smelled like Blueberries and had a nice light purple color. I gifted that cut to a good friend and he'll hopefully keep it going. But my point is with regs it's like a box of chocolates. You never know what your going to find......On a different note I see you also had good results with fast buds. I grew 4 of there GG and they were really good smoke! No issues with the grow
Yeah I really am impressed with those fastbuds. Whatever they got for their males over there are something special for sure.

Yeah the pheno hunting for me is something so damn exciting.

I want to be able to pop a thousand seeds and search through those in the first three or four weeks picking out the best and finally weeding it down to about 10 that I want to run each time. chose the best, etc. I wish I could do that... sure wish I had the space!

Keeping mothers around and breeding in my opinion fall into the same category in a way.
There is a selection process, with the thought of the selected meeting some desirable trait that you want to replicate.

So, even if you're not doing anything with those mothers pollination wise, really other than just running them over and over again its still propagation of selected genetics.

I wouldn't want to breed with anything but regular seeds. I believe Gorilla Glue number 4 was a feminized seed, if I'm not mistaken... don't quote me on that but there is a very popular clone only that is fem so pushing it later can be a problem.

I don't intend to ever breed with feminized seeds but I will keep a cut if it's really good!

Man I was just reading the work up on the Jack Herer and I keep forgetting about this train I've been wanting to run the strain of and wanting to smoke it it has very very low myrcene content which is typically the highest terpene. creates couchlock.
it is very high pinene which is great for cerebal performance as well as memory enhancement it's a great antibiotic and expectorant too.

Using that I guess is my example if one of those turns out to be pretty good I might take a cut and keep it around or I might just go ahead and buy a pack of regular beans

.... I hear you on hunting though.

So much I want something special:) like a lime diesel or something

Once I get moved I'll look for 3-4 moms to work with. I'm getting a short list of plants that will work for me.
I want to know what that list is!

Pretty sure the GG4 came from a seed from a Sour Dubb accidentally pollinated by a hermie ;)

You can easily cross with feminized strains, the hermie thing is a myth it all depends on how stable the strain is, many regular strains are more hermie prone than feminized strains ;)

Many of the funny strains are often only available as either reg or feminized, so it's necessary to mix it up sometimes :)

Back
Top Bottom