Pheno's Perpetual: Ocean Grown Dark Plasma, Other Top Shelf TBD, Breeding For THC-V

Re: Pheno's Perpetual - Ocean Grown Dark Plasma - Other Top Shelf TBD, Breeding For T

It's always nice to get new equipment. Hopefully it'll payoff in some good yeild .

Re: Pheno's Perpetual - Ocean Grown Dark Plasma - Other Top Shelf TBD, Breeding For T

Hope your new light brings on the heavy frost .
Thanks PW! this is a lil 4000k veg light but man let us hope that I can get that 550 by summer!

It's always nice to get new equipment. Hopefully it'll payoff in some good yeild .
Ya, helped cheer me up after the issue.

That 550 is a beast, you could grab 2 of the 260w kits for a little cheaper I think.

It'll all shake out in the end. Hell my grow room is under construction. I tore out the walls to reinstate. Hopefully I'll get it done before too long .
GL on the walls!

You're right tho, it always does!... and I'll be damned, in the grand scheme of things I am really overpaid in life. I have said that before and I am sure it will be so.

Sometimes it takes losing something or a setback to help appreciate things or make a better decision in the long run.

Speaking of, I am thinking about framing out physical chambers myself.

I watch a dude on the Tube called Mr Tight. another MI grower and has a Playlist called let's build a grow room. I've rebuilt engines, fixed cars and bikes, electronics and done some minor handyman type stuff but never real construction.
He shows how he plans and builds out the space in his basement, which is exactly what we want to do if we move.
If we do stay, and we'll know in a month or so I'll likely just do the same in that 10x12 room.
The reason is with the recent herm issue, im paranoid of light leaks and want to rule them out. Im 99 percent on the tent, but its that 1% that keeps me up.

On that point I also considered... what if they just needed more dark time 11/13?

or...new wild theory that will take me working with known herming cuts to determine ( I need to find the paper that support the flowering hormone during dark period) I am trying with this one by increasing 1 hour total they are at 11.5/12.5 now but it might need to not have started herming to begin with...:

if I understand correctly, plants will utilize the dark period if it gets one or shut down while lights on if too much light.
I read that stored energy works at night to cause stretch and repair. I see it happen.
what if light leaks don't matter if the overall stored energy isn't enough to deplete the... (ethylene?) or whichever hormone determines the flower phase? This would surely cause stress and sexual confusion?

Im very curious about this now and may expiriment a bit.

That's really interesting. I've seen some of Mr tight vids. I didn't know he was also from Mi. As far as the chambers. I really like Vader's setup. I started in a 4x8 tent as a patient. Then I became a caregiver for a friend and decided to use the whole room. Now I'm back to just growing for myself and I just have to get my room setup properly

That's really interesting. I've seen some of Mr tight vids. I didn't know he was also from Mi. As far as the chambers. I really like Vader's setup. I started in a 4x8 tent as a patient. Then I became a caregiver for a friend and decided to use the whole room. Now I'm back to just growing for myself and I just have to get my room setup properly
Always cool too hear about more people from here. Having your room torn apart for a rebuild sucks. Im so ready to finish this closet up so I can start on the rest of the projects.

Always cool too hear about more people from here. Having your room torn apart for a rebuild sucks. Im so ready to finish this closet up so I can start on the rest of the projects.
Were you meaning you are from Michigan too. Sorry I didn't catch that before. I was really stoned. Lol

well here's an update on the Perpetual. apologies for all the long text but I need to record a lot of things at once unfortunately

I've been gone for a little bit.
We went out of town briefly and it was extended last minute. what I tried to do was soaked the 3-gallon pot as best as I could with water and hope for the best for a two days without water.

It actually worked out great because while I burned some of the fan leaves, which I expected, but I think drying it out caused it just the right stress because I came home to a frosty forest of the likes never seen in my grow by far.

I'm talking trichomes all the way down the fan leaves stems and on the fan leaves themselves lol. when you look at the buds themselves the trichomes are so tightly stacked it looks like pure white candy.

**Re: Dark Plasma #5 bisexuality. Another good thing is I've been watching the bisexuality of this cut and it appears that the male parts don't produce anything viable they just kind of die. I have been removing as I see them but I missed one and it actually opened up so when I removed it and looked at it closer in another room it was all dried up and the little inner nanners never opened themselves... were just dried and shriveled? a bud not 2cm below is uneffected.
I am pretty sure that the bisexuality is just caused by stress and that this is a very sensitive phenotype. Light feeder, if I don't find anything better in the rest of the batch I will continue working with this one. or I may move on to something else...

I'm really liking all of the chem type cuts lately.

I'm mostly looking for the most pungent lime/gas cut of anything and of course a very pungent Pine/gas cut of anything... old school went in so excited about the Jack Herer!!

**The Jack Herer has a very high pinene and very low mmercen (couchlock) , more so than strains of anything else that I've seen lab test for.

since I popped more dark plasma I do have one that is standing out Above the Rest and I hope so much that it's a female because I've never seen a plant so perfect!!
I will upload pictures after this post and post all of the pictures in one post following this.

**** So inspiration caught me once again and I came up with an algorithm to help me with breeding. it's simple really and likely done already.
So while reading Marijuana Botany there is a list of traits all listed as single words such as 'Vigor' and 'hardiness' etc.
My idea is for breeding create a sheet for each plant that has a list of every one of those trait plus my own.
I will rate each plant 1-5 for each trait and give a weight 1-5 of importance of the trait to the project.

The main thing is keeping the few traits in mind that you're trying to stabilize for the project without getting too crazy and trying to get everything all at once.

Anyway I hope that makes some sense.

**I will add that even these 3 gallon pots this particular plant will drink it in 12 hours is easily.
** this is especially important for the next round because I did not rinse the Coco before transplanting into it so if they dry out too much it might burn them much much worse and cause much more problem than I experience so far with dry coco. flushing is too risky as babes... just watering heavy.
** in order to keep the seedlings going I transplanted them a little early before we went out of town.
Th explosive growth that I came home to suggests transplanting a bit sooner.

**out of 2 Jack Herer and 2 Amnesia x OG Kush fems looks like only one of each will make it. one was a dud seed, another one I have still, Jack Herer #2 is a mutant. going to try to grow it.

Now to try to get the pictures

Well still no pics yet haha. I will try again today as I will be on my PC.
Garden is on cruise control and the Plasma 5 is starting flush already.

Day 40 and she's already mostly cloudy with an amber spotted here and there.

What a flip from her slow veg growth! I will say very small buds in comparison to say the AK48 or Aurora Indica but I doubt that I will see buds like that again until the Malawi as the stuff that I like is typically smaller and tighter.

At store now will post again in a bit

Veg Closet update tomorrow likely, we'll see. They are all looking great, very squat as to be a bit concerned after having some tall ones, going to introduce a 4hr dark period for a week and we'll see where they are then. I'll drop it down after that to 18/6 for 3-4 days before moving to the tent and for again for 3-4 days in the tent before I flip to acclimate a little.
Almost there, got roots in the cloner and will be taking cuts of everything in veg so the perpetual is in motion.

Back
Top Bottom