Pheno's Perpetual: Ocean Grown Dark Plasma, Other Top Shelf TBD, Breeding For THC-V

Re: Pheno's Perpetual - Ocean Grown Dark Plasma - Other Top Shelf TBD, Breeding For T

Pretty sure the GG4 came from a seed from a Sour Dubb accidentally pollinated by a hermie ;)

You can easily cross with feminized strains, the hermie thing is a myth it all depends on how stable the strain is, many regular strains are more hermie prone than feminized strains ;)

Many of the funny strains are often only available as either reg or feminized, so it's necessary to mix it up sometimes :)
Aha! That's right the gg4 story does go something like that I remember now:)

You know that's pretty true, I've heard a few of different ways that they make feminized seeds. Very ingenious really.
I think method used plays a role in the behavior. it would be nice to know how each company does their fem breeding.

The Aurora Indica that I grew was a feminized seed, recommended 8 weeks and I grew that to week 10 and it was starting to throw bananas right at Harvest.

Now that really might not mean anything it was my first grow and that plant had stress a couple of weeks before, just an example.
That makes me think it possible that it was feminized not by late hermaphrodite but rather something like colloidal silver. If I knew I she's was tip top I could make a stronger assumption.

Either way it's pretty safe to keep I would say and even if you do something like use colloidal silver or pull it out for 2 hours in the middle of it's dark cycle it's going to have an epigenetic effect that can in my opinion be bred out pretty easily...heck conditions alone can change the epigenetic markers of clones that could stablize a forced herm IMO and understanding of genetics.

I'll close with one thing I was thinking about that's a plus for feminized seeds, is that the mom that they got these seeds from was likely a good pic to begin with so the seeds are probably a very high quality.

Re: Pheno's Perpetual - Ocean Grown Dark Plasma - Other Top Shelf TBD, Breeding For T

Labyrinth and Stardawg IX for now
Nice! Just looked into the write up on Stardawg. Sounds right up my alley:)
I normally like the sativa leaning hybrids but when it comes to the 'chem' or OG varieties their is plenty of Sativa head changing goodness.

I am however continuing to get really excited about the Jack Herers.

Dark Plasma #5, ' Flair ' is doing great. Day 18.
The blurple center is a revegging cut.
Hard to see with HPS but trichs already starting on the sugar leaves and buds.

That's the fastest I've seen that I think.

Seedlings :
3 of 4 Dark Plasma are up,
1 Jack Herer is up and
1 Amnesia x OG is up.

** this time around with the bale of Coco I'm using pH water for everything including the rinse at the beginning and the hydration of the block.

I noticed during the Autoflower grow that my pH in the runoff seem to be all over the map. I thought likely bacteria in the saucers but it could be a break down of the buffering done by General Hydroponics so decided to make sure the water is always Ph'd first, even for flushing etc.

The seedlings were all started in plain Coco that was rinsed with pH water and charged with a very light nutrient solution with a ratio of 1:blushsmile:1 for each bottle.
I used close to 1/4 strength of my program which is already like half the recommended.
2ml each per gallon plus 2ml calmag plus.

4987c64709051cc7aeaa5f21e8d895d4.jpg
38f4e24cc6350dac10f57fadf8a31f6a.jpg
f0044bae59141784419c3d1c29a350ec.jpg

Once they hit maturity I think most are prone to hermie if allowed to go too long.

Once they hit maturity I think most are prone to hermie if allowed to go too long.
I agree. I'm notorious for trying to get as much Amber trichs as possible. But with that mindset it makes you let go longer than necessary. I've had a couple nanner out due to over ripeness. I learn a little more every grow.

Right! exactly. Yeah that's what I was reading! In fact eventually any plant should start to Hermie to try to save its genetics.

It's crazy so that's how some feminized seeds were being made, they would look for those later herming plants and them let them run 14 to 16 weeks.

Most people chop early enough that it's not a problem in the progeny.

That's actually my favorite of the three methods that I know of to make feminized seeds. it seems the most natural in my opinion to find strains that will Herm but very late after their standard ripening stage.
Problems with this and why I suspect many breeders use silver, is trying to get mature and viable seeds before the plants are completely gone amber or die and waiting those many weeks in flower is also a risk and time/space.
Great topic thanks for bringing that up Pennywise

I agree. I'm notorious for trying to get as much Amber trichs as possible. But with that mindset it makes you let go longer than necessary. I've had a couple nanner out due to over ripeness. I learn a little more every grow.
Ah, my 2C.
I happen to follow the more 'other media sites' train of thought here.

I personally like the idea of pulling when the majority is cloudy and least amber in the middle of the canopy as possible.... I get a more fun sativa racy buzz at first and as it cures and the THC degrades a bit into CBN, CBG, etc. and it settles into a more full head and body type entourage effect, and in my opinion I like to experience that whole range I guess.

To me, it makes for the product evolving a bit as I revisit each strain.

I'm not sure that it takes any longer to get this effect in the jar than on the plant either, So based on science and research it would make sense to harvest at full cloudy zero amber, but from experience most people harvest with some amber because that also means the other cannabinoids are present in their proper ratios to help whatever that particular person is trying to achieve right away.

That's my theory, many tend to agree, others not.
What kills me is one of the largest proponents for the same Theory is focused on making concentrates right now, and my opinion for that is different... you should let the flower go as long as you want it to be before Harvest and freezing because you need it to be where you want before blasting, smashing whatever.
I will have to say this however:
I did like pushing the Indicas further for medicinal purposes. Both the NL this time and the Aurora Indica last time.
As for a concrete opinion I'll wait until I have a bit more experience:)

I like to plan on chopping when I see 10 - 20% amber. It's really all personal preference. I've taken same plants from clones at different amount of amber for my own personal experiment and if I pull them with all cloudy and no amber it doesn't seem to have as much kick. I have grown a few rounds of Jack the ripper from TGA and I had a pheno that the trichs looked almost red instead of amber. I wish they would all have that look. It's easy on old eyes.

BTW if you like the racey type of buzz you should try JTR. It's my all time favorite daytime smoke. I did have one that thru nanners. But I had some light leak issues I think caused them

BTW if you like the racey type of buzz you should try JTR. It's my all time favorite daytime smoke. I did have one that thru nanners. But I had some light leak issues I think caused them
The sativas are just more prone to herm I think. Might be a little light leak trigger, but I think too many ppl. beat themselves and the breeders up for this.

JTR is one of the top 3 from TGA that I will run! Ya, we're on the same level!

the other 2 are: Chyrnoble and Jacks Cleaner. I had a GG4 x Chyrnoble cross down by my mom's and it was insanely pungent like back to the 1980s MI. Ever since I want something SUPER pungent like that where it burns your eyes. My mother told my nephew he had to go just because the smell in his pocket was so strong haha.

gotta good update coming...

Dark Plasma number 5.
I decided to go ahead and turn the Watts up to 600 to get the canopy penetration and pulled the stocks over to make it wider as well at the light down inside.

This will ensure I at least get the most out of this one plant that I can.

Hard to tell but there's quite a bit of frost starting on those.

I ordered my 65 watt Quantum board! 4k for the veg closet to add with my 300 Mars.
An animal clinic called me in for an IT consult last night gave us a little extra cash:)

I think the two of those should do okay in that closet, if I need to I'll add another 65 watt Quantum board with the end goal being 3 65 Watt Quantum boards for my vegroom. I can't believe that I'm saying 65 Watts but I've seen it veg a two by two area! that's crazy!

This will ensure I always have stuff in veg ready to go into flower or near ready to go into flower and I won't have so much downtime if I lose the flower tent.

Finally are dark plasma cutting is rooted and in Coco she is being treated for magnesium deficiency both with a foliar spray and one quarter teaspoon of Epsom salt per gallon of fresh phd water.

Somebody had remarked on my YouTube video that the twisting that I'm seeing might be related to calcium or magnesium rather than what I thought was a reveg symptom. either way it is deficient in magnesium for sure under this light so it doesn't hurt to treat and change my program for this closet if it continues after adding the QB.

Of our seedlings we have three or four dark plasmas are up we have one Jack Herer that's up and we have one Amnesia Haze X OG Kush that is up so looks like we're moving right along for whatever reason this area propagates very well and quickly.
c0d5ab82e7ac3647f7cee9cd3255ceb4.jpg
712d065ea915affdb6a70464ae42981e.jpg
11ad92d0bb254220f0d60a1662bc4670.jpg
60062c549761bf7c045e1f828272bfe2.jpg
8179c30d3c4fb0eded0d3f42a6795527.jpg

I was also reading on this note that if harvested too early will have extra racy buds and that is true.

One really big plus for going a bit longer though is getting that extra weight. Seems like the middle really fill out around that time so I may start pushing things about 5-7 days past when I would normally pull.

Shoot, bad luck keeps coming. I need to launder my Karma.

Found some male parts on this girl also:(

I just ordered the veg light with the last bit of extra dough so can't get any reverse or switch or whatever...good thing I stepped away to think because I was about to chop her too.

I'll try removing the pollen sacs, they are low on the plant, and see if it grows more I guess. Worst case it pollinates itself but I do need whatever I get from this to bridge the gap in meds.

Even though I didn't have any issue in the last grow, I started opening the grow room up to the house halfway through flower with a fan and screen door when the lights are out to keep humidity low. I sat in there this time in the dark alone after cleaning and didn't see any leaks...I just can't believe these plants to be that bi-sexual so it must be something that i'm doing.

The outer room itself is left dark, tent sealed up with the intakes bent 180 degrees. The AC unit has a flap I pull over the main part to keep window dark too. Since adding the veg closet a little light leaves the door as it's cracked but just barely but i've used cardboard to keep it from shining on the tent. It adds a very small amount of light to the room but to give an idea you cannot see well enough to move or make out obstacles at all in the outer room so the inside of the tent should be great.

Something that has been in the back of my mind is they did a community pheno hunt of this strain on YouTube and of the folks involved half had problems, some PM, some herms and Growmau5, who also was a participant and lost his to mold I think?? I forget, but he recently stated on a later episode that he considered it an 'advanced' strain to grow.

The Forum cookie cut has certainly been around for a long time and the Obi-Wan OG Father (Ghost OG x Alien Rift) Alien Rift is an OG which are supposed to be harder to grow. It's the most interesting OG IMO as it is a combination of Alien goodness, and one of the main reasons I selected this OG line. Alien Rift is Alien Abduction x Alien Dawg(Ether cut) x Alien OG

Anyway, huge bummer but shifting focus on the new girls, out of edibles and have enough trim for another pound of butter and some flower left but need to ration for sure. I cannot sleep more than 2 hours without those cookies...they are a lifesaver since getting those down.

Oh ya, I wanted to talk about the red trichs too! The LSD-25 i ran as well the Aurora indica had some red trichs here and there.

Because of the extra bit of meat and as you say "kick" (I pulled one early, a bag seed in my first grow that was like that. Racy and lasted all of 30 minutes. Revisiting it later in the jar helped but not like the others. I think, it least it seems that some are missing that kick until well cured, which tells me it was likely pulled a bit early.

So much to experiment on so... That reminds me I have a great idea.

Since I am doing 2 sets of 2 fem beans, it would be the perfect time for a side by side of some sort.

I can do a harvest time side by side, but that's a little more subjective.
I was thinking a nutrient one. I can use the Fox Farm line on one and Gen Hydro on another as I have both sets on hand.
or I can do an RO water vs Tap water but will need to decide quick If it's just two plants getting RO water it will be worth the test but if I do everything else must be the same.

As for physical things such as training and topping, I tried that before and since each pheno is different it's hard to say. With Fem beans however we should have very similar plants.

So going to shake off the bad Karma, follow the next 4 Dark Plasmas from seed to harvest, the only cuts taken before flip and attempt to figure out what i'm doing wrong here or if I have a light leak or just am unlucky.

I'll have to check out the dark plasma community group vids. Sounds interesting. I'm not sold on ocean grow. Hopefully when I get back to popping my Malibu pies it'll work out. I'm thinking they are newer and not testing enough before releasing strains. I'm currently shutting down to get my room straightened out. I eventually want to go from soil to Coco in flood table's and I need to get my temp consistent in the room. Which sucks because I had nice cuts of Skywalker OG and GG4. I got those as clones from arborside dispensary in Ann Arbor. Hopefully they will offer those again. I'm always looking at their menu online to see the daily clones available

I'll have to check out the dark plasma community group vids. Sounds interesting. I'm not sold on ocean grow. Hopefully when I get back to popping my Malibu pies it'll work out. I'm thinking they are newer and not testing enough before releasing strains. I'm currently shutting down to get my room straightened out. I eventually want to go from soil to Coco in flood table's and I need to get my temp consistent in the room. Which sucks because I had nice cuts of Skywalker OG and GG4. I got those as clones from arborside dispensary in Ann Arbor. Hopefully they will offer those again. I'm always looking at their menu online to see the daily clones available
They do have a lot of really nice clones and I was actually considering making the drive after this happened.

I totally agree with you by the way Coco in a flood and drain has to be in my opinion the best and easiest form of Hydroponics if you have the height and I do so it's just a matter of getting the parts together.

What I decided to do instead is let the number 5 go in the tent and I will remove the male parts as I see them I'm sure there will be some pollination and those seats will be feminized since I don't know what caused the hermaphrodite I believe it to be a root shock.

Looking through my notes I did feed very heavily without the filter on my jug thinking there was a large enough root mass but what happened was the Coco turned into a bog like mud and I possibly could have hurt the roots.

Either way I'm not really sure whether or not those feminized seeds would be good to keep or not...those clones sound appealing but something about creating from seed...

All dark plasma seedlings have popped the number 7 is a bit stockier, I can tell already and it's a very nice florescent green compared to the others...hmm..

Today is looking a little brighter I've almost gotten myself up to cleaning up those other pots and getting rid of that coco or reusing it I considered running some of the auto that I will normally not run in the 12 and 12 12 just for the hell of it. It'll work they'll just yeild less but I'm only 35-40 days out on the Plasma.

Seeds or not I need the medicine so I'm going to let that one just do its thing while I veg of these up which brings me to my next topic...

hooray I got my H LG 65!
... and this thing is Bad to the Bone!
so far I got 20% more Lux at the same distance from my Mars 300 15000, vs 20,000 measured by my phone take that with a grain of salt it's not PAR.

Looking in there obviously it's super bright compared to the other light but I'm confident three of these could veg my 2x5x 5 closet. 65w lights... holy shitsnacks.

All for dark plasmas are up and looking healthy both Jack Herer are up and looking healthy and one of the Amnesia X OG Kush Is Up.
Just waiting on one more.

Finally here's some photos of the 5 day 21

I'll get the white balance done here soon but there is Frost coming out even on the fan leaves..
I love it that's what I was hoping to see!

If she finishes out this grow without more balls I'm going to be very happy.
45b946b3a73b36715fe67439b0ae5563.jpg
0d68abe6ad1a9b2d36ade2c496f0314f.jpg
bcba99ac141c81e2043bf824983d2a9a.jpg
e56dd8a9b9d509b6981885c5fe6af838.jpg
338ff7e01936494fc15b5f1c375e07b0.jpg

Back
Top Bottom