Pinktiger's Next Adventure: Can She Double Her Yield With Two Tents?

Ok Shed, I did some defoliation and counted tops. I have a top for each hole plus some others that could make it . 49 holes. Pics tomorrow.

Well, well, well. I would have posted these pictures last night, but we were having strange weather. First, the tornado sirens went off, and we all had to go to the basement with the plants. LOL. Then, after the all clear, it began to rain, then snow, then ice, and now we have plunged from 68 deg. F to 24 deg. F, and this is crazy.
OK. Here are pictures of the canopy after defoliation yesterday, then pics of today showing the tops. I counted 49 tops, plus another six or seven that aren't up to the top yet. These have plenty of light, so they will rise to the occasion, ahem.
Meanwhile, in the small tent, the seeds are sprouted and in a few days I'll see some growth. They were in the dark until this morning, when noticing that one was above the rooting plug. They are on the lowest veg I have (=1) just to encourage them. Once I see both up, I will gradually increase the light. I have to do it this way or I will sterilize the plant and kill it with light. I've learned the hard way. The seeds I get are expensive, like all the seeds you all get, and I'm loving clones. I'm wanting to grow two strains at once, and the current plants, which are White Widow crossed with Big Bud (or Sour Diesel, but whatever), are great. I don't want to lose them. But I also love the indica-rich, purplish Mazari Grape. I can grow both in the same tent because I now understand that I can have control over the growth spurts, somewhat. But because I grow large plants (everything I feed gets fat, including the cat, which is another story....) I'm going to now hold the tent down to four plants, one in each corner, like a prize fight.
The clones, now numbering eight, are in the beaker under the philodendrons in the southeast window. I showed you the location yesterday in the cat jungle pic. No, I know I can't grow eight. But I plan to choose the two best plants for my next grow, along with the Mazari grape. Of course all the plants will be beautiful and I won't be able to part with them, but I will.
Clones, anyone? LOL.

Shed, Pennywise, Weaselcracker, anyone else who wants to chime in:
Is it time yet to flip these babies? I think it is. Who disagrees? LOL.
I confess I've had a little nip already today -- it always makes me loquacious. Talkative. A little nuts. But that only lasts awhile, then I forget I toked until the next toke.

like a prize fight.
Um, I think there are only two in the ring for a prize fight :hmmmm:. But it's your analogy and we just live in it :).
everything I feed gets fat, including the cat
Things are becoming clearer...

I'm in the "not yet" camp. I would wait until all the tops you are planning on keeping get above the screen, and I'm seeing empty squares you can still fill with some tucking and spreading (bottom row C, D, and E are obvious examples). You're going for a scrog and have good growth so why not maximize the net?

One last thing, when you want to summon folks to your journal, use the @ in front of their name so it will show up in their notifications. As you type @... their name will appear below where you're typing, and you just hit enter to make it auto fill. Like this:
@Pinktiger777.

Looks fantastic in there, and last time you said you were going to wait longer to flip...I say stick with that idea.

They are so lovely. All I want to do is stand there and go “awww!.”
But I’m that way with all my plants. I talk to them. I’m a bit eccentric. :Namaste:

pinktiger777 have you cloned before that way you can take cuttings from your best ladies cutting them at a45 degree angle, immediately placing them into a glass of water, then removing them one at a time scraping the bottom 1/2 inch of the stems. Next dipping them into a rooting hormone and placing them into rooting plug placing them into a tray with a dome cover that has vents to open and close. Put the dome covered by the dome under 5000 to 6500 kelvin fluorescent lamps on 24 hours a day. keep them wet with a spray bottle insuring the humidity up not so much that the fall down. In 3 to 4 days open the vents slightly at first then a little more as time goes by. In 10 to 14 days they will sprout roots and when their are 4 roots protruding from the starter plugs they are ready to transplanted and put in your veg tent. This will allow you to acquire the seeds that you want in introducing new genetics to your grow as needed, but will give you a little more time in between seed orders.

Food for thought, as that is what I do.

pinktiger777 have you cloned before that way you can take cuttings from your best ladies cutting them at a45 degree angle, immediately placing them into a glass of water, then removing them one at a time scraping the bottom 1/2 inch of the stems. Next dipping them into a rooting hormone and placing them into rooting plug placing them into a tray with a dome cover that has vents to open and close. Put the dome covered by the dome under 5000 to 6500 kelvin fluorescent lamps on 24 hours a day. keep them wet with a spray bottle insuring the humidity up not so much that the fall down. In 3 to 4 days open the vents slightly at first then a little more as time goes by. In 10 to 14 days they will sprout roots and when their are 4 roots protruding from the starter plugs they are ready to transplanted and put in your veg tent. This will allow you to acquire the seeds that you want in introducing new genetics to your grow as needed, but will give you a little more time in between seed orders.

Food for thought, as that is what I do.
Have you seen her clones?

I clone like you do but I don’t use the dome . Once I have roots in the beaker they go in plugs in dwc. I use the dome for seeds. I use led light in the clone tent, but I dim it down for seeds and clones. My clones go crazy, like a reveg.

Hello! It's Tuesday and I have an update on my grows.
Sunday we drained and cleaned and refilled the reservoir in the flowering tent. The water was in good shape, considering I let it go two weeks this time - it was unavoidable, we were out of town - and the enzymes and mycorrhizae I add to the water did their job. The ph was still great, right in the 5.8-9 range. And the ppm never got out of whack.
I always use bleach as the final rinse on the reservoir and tubing, pump, heater, and air stone, and I wash my hands well before and after messing around in the grow.
Pests, including mites, gnats, and other creepy crawlers must be kept out. I use fresh hydroton now instead of reusing it, because I gave my tent pests! It was sitting outside on the porch for several months, and all I did was wash it with water before reusing. Now I know it is best to bleach it and then dry it with heat before reusing. Forget that. I just throw it in the flower beds now as a top mulch. Adds iron to the mix, too. LOL. I buy new.
The clones are doing so well - the DWC unit I use in the small tent acts like a bubbler, constantly aerating and watering the plug and media (hydroton). I keep the PH perfect (5.8) and change the water often. Weekly at least.
My seeds have sprouted and are acclimating to the unit.
My current grow has filled the canopy, and I've tucked all the tops under and let them come up again, along with the smaller branches that have risen to the occasion.
I plan to flip the tent on Sunday, when I will change the res again and change the nutes to flowering transition (per GH).

I forgot to mention I also stopped using the co2 bags because I suspected I got pests from them.

Back
Top Bottom