Last couple of orders have been in the states. I haven’t tried overseas for awhile now
The main reason I stay with them is the free seeds and the fast shipping. US seedbanks, I find, are more expensive. And they have a great selection.

New420Guy is a sponsor here that I'd recommend. I always get my seeds in 3-4 days. I grew out his fem GG#4 and liked it so much I bought damn near every fem strain he has.

20201231_165813.jpg

Hi guys. I'm sorry I've been gone for so long.
I'm still growing and I'm still harvesting and all is good there.
However, I have trouble finding time to post and put up pictures.
This year I starting working in real estate again - after 10 years of retirement. It's been great. But I'm crazy busy.
Also, our youngest daughter moved out and got a job working in the nearest large airport. Her fiance also works there. She's a ticket agent and gate agent. He works cleaning planes and also walking them in - he works below wing.
On the plants, right now I've got four in the big tent in flower. They will be ready about Valentine's Day. Another plant in the smaller tent is about ready to go into flower.
@InTheShed , I'm sorry I've not been available. Daughter helps me in the grow, so I have had to coordinate with her. I moved my office downstairs and had to get a new computer. But now I have my grow across the hall from my office.
Innovations? Yes. I'm using fiberglass blocks to sprout, grow and flower the plants. I put fiberglass slabs under the blocks so the root system has more room to grow. But they don't get so big they are hard to handle. I find that growing four plants in the 5x5 tent makes sense.
I've also added some lighting; found a new light from Budgetled that I added to the grow.

Hi guys. I'm sorry I've been gone for so long.
I'm still growing and I'm still harvesting and all is good there.
However, I have trouble finding time to post and put up pictures.
This year I starting working in real estate again - after 10 years of retirement. It's been great. But I'm crazy busy.
Also, our youngest daughter moved out and got a job working in the nearest large airport. Her fiance also works there. She's a ticket agent and gate agent. He works cleaning planes and also walking them in - he works below wing.
On the plants, right now I've got four in the big tent in flower. They will be ready about Valentine's Day. Another plant in the smaller tent is about ready to go into flower.
@InTheShed , I'm sorry I've not been available. Daughter helps me in the grow, so I have had to coordinate with her. I moved my office downstairs and had to get a new computer. But now I have my grow across the hall from my office.
Innovations? Yes. I'm using fiberglass blocks to sprout, grow and flower the plants. I put fiberglass slabs under the blocks so the root system has more room to grow. But they don't get so big they are hard to handle. I find that growing four plants in the 5x5 tent makes sense.
I've also added some lighting; found a new light from Budgetled that I added to the grow.
Glad to hear you're all well and growing these days! Congrats to your daughter on the job and the move and to you for your re-entry into the workforce. Thanks for the update! :thumb:

Hello! I've got several things to say that might be helpful to others. But first, let me update you on my current grow. I have a CBD Bomb plant now in the fourth week of flower, in the smaller tent, and two plants in my large tent (only using half the space). The plants in the large tent are Bruce the Russian and Peppermint Kush. Bruce is a new strain for me, as is CBD Bomb.
The reason I only have two plants in the big tent is, my seeds didn't all sprout. I'm trying to use up some older seeds and well, you know how it is. But the light I am using in there is perfect for them. It's from Elevated Lighting Company and is a Budget LED light. I like it - used it in my last grow and was impressed with the penetration of the canopy. A great feature is you can switch the lights to blue for veg and red for flower, and then it has a UV light that helps develop the buds in the last two weeks of flower.
My last grow was not the greatest because we had an internet outage and it messed up my smart lights when we were in flower. By the time I got it fixed, we had already been hit by revegging only after two days of the schedule being messed up. My buds were foxtailing and sprouting strange leaves and it was horrible.
Aaarggggghhh!!!!!
Here's some pics:

Tips based on my experiences:

1. I have decided it is not worth the chance of failure to use smart electric plugs, so they are no longer allowed in the grow room. I live in a rural town and we don't have fiber optic cable. I have to use a modem, old tech. My modem died and my plants almost died. As it was, they revegged. So, only analog for lights and water from now on.

2. Gnats: If you suffer from gnat infestation that just will not die, it could be your growing medium. I was using coco and it seemed to sprout its own gnats. I simply couldn't get rid of them. I have been experimenting with different media, so when I decided to go to grow blocks made of spun basalt, I found that gnats didn't like the grow blocks as well. Because the blocks and the slabs you put underneath them are covered with foil wrap, (and I use a block cover) the gnats don't have easy access. So I'm now gnat free.

3. Feeding Hydro Nutrients: I've learned that less is more. So many companies selling their wares, which one to pick? It doesn't matter probably which company you buy from, they all try to sell you things you don't need. The important thing is make sure your plants are getting the basic nutrients they needs; the additives are nice, but not necessary. What IS vital is keeping the reservoirs clean and changing the water often. I use hydrogen peroxide that I buy in a concentrated form at the grow supply store to keep things clean. I make sure the green algae is kept in check with hydrogen peroxide.

4. Grow Blocks: if you decide to use these, realize you need to also buy the slabs, because a plant needs a bigger root ball than can be attained by the block alone. I purchased them by the case of 12 and it was cheaper; and it was cheaper and easier to store and set up than using other mediums.
Also, the weight is less so I can move the plants around easily during the early growth stages, and when the plant is done, it is much easier to dispose of the blocks and slabs than 40 pounds of coco coir.
I have yet to see a downside to these. I would love to know what others think.

Thread deleted by poster; it was in the wrong forum.

Back
Top Bottom