Pink's New Grow Room: Perpetual Fun and Games

Actually, I thought it was self-explanatory!

The # is called a hashtag, and it's used for folks on various social media platforms (twitter et al.) to find information about a specific idea or thing. Examples would be #MeToo and #BLM.

Nolarf is just "no larf" which means I do not want any small buds growing down below the main flowers at the ends of each branch (see: larf). There are no spaces in hashtags so I have to put the words together.

LOL
I keep forgetting the word "larf."
Thanks, Shed. We septuagenarians need assistance now and then.

Glad to help Pink!

... your helping everyone. I was just trying to explain larfy buds to my girl this afternoon... She was looking at me like a deer in headlights until I had her squeeze one on the bottom and compare that to one on the top of the plant.

The light bulb came on quickly, lol.

.ps I cannot confirm nor deny that I have larfy buds...!

I retired from teaching college students when I was 60. Up until then, the kids kept me informed on all the new stuff. Getting old kind of crept up on me. I looked in the mirror one day and realized it. LOL
Young people are a great inoculator against dotarage.

Funny story. The other night my husband tried one of my loaded chocolate chip cookies. The next day he came home at lunch and said he was having trouble concentrating, that no thought would stay in his head for long, and he didn't want to try anymore cookies. I told him that was common, not to worry, and that the edible would wear off soon. Then he tried to jump my bones. At lunch. So, command decision. No more cookies for him.

OK, time for an update.
Let me gather my thoughts. LOL.
The clones are going crazy suddenly. I have no idea why, and they all have roots. Only I'm screwed because they got mixed up and I wanted to have one of each, and now I have eight clones with no clue.
I think it is the weather. The humidity is up and the temps are more stable, and I got a new heater that works better than the milk house.
The Mother plants are all OK but one, the Skywalker Ghost Triangle Kush. It acts like an auto. I've never grown one, but after flowering it never quite got the hang of the reveg. There are buds on it. Tiny ones. And not a lot of foliage. I'm going to take a hard look at the seed packet. The errant plant is in the back right corner, but it is small.

Life is so much more pleasant in the flowering tent. I know each plant by name and all. The buds on these plants are amazing. And they just started sprouting white pistils a few days ago. I've been diligently pruning the undergrowth and removing overzealous fan leaves, weeping all the way - but it is working. These are not stretching as much as the last group because I didn't wait until the shoots grew up to the second net. Last time that didn't help the yield.

Clones sound like a riot and the flowering tent looks like a lush jungle of flower heads. :welldone:

LOL!
Yeah, I know, don't give up my day job. A lot of out of work comedians. LOL
Thanks, Shed. I knew you would like the pics.

This is the tent today:
video of tent

Caution - I'm not Steven Spielberg. So it's kinda like the Blair Witch Project.

Looks great! It looks like there is some variation from plant to plant in terms of growth. Does it look that way in real life?
There is variation: in front, on the left is an Expert Haze and on the right is a Blue Dream. In the back, it's the opposite. Expert Seeds make varieties that are perfect for hydro in tents, because they are shorter. I've had to beat the Blue Dreams down a bit. Also, you will see some tops that got away from my twisting hands (LOL) because they were too far away to reach. So those are the tall ones.

This was fun - the video, I mean. Of course I'm high, so time is relative. LOL.
I'm going to make more videos to explain what I do.

The Final Countdown
Yes, folks, we are counting the cloudy and amber trichomes and anxiously awaiting trim time. I haven't posted in several days because I've been dealing with health issues - I've been able to keep my grow taken care of but I haven't had time to sit down and edit and upload photos.

Here's some photos:

At this point, very little amber if any on the trichs, and a lot of crystal still there. I think the buds are still growing a bit, too. So no hurry.

Well I hope you're feeling better now since you've made it back for a visit! Are you liking this new way of growing compared to the crowded top-to-bottom flowers?
Sorry for the late reply. Yesterday I got a pain injection and I’m better,
I do love the way this tent has done. Next time I’ll allow a couple more branches and wait a bit longer before going into flower with these.
Other than that, though, I’m pleased. Trichs are just starting to cloud up, but still all crystal. Buds are still developing, too, and the lower branches are immature. So, looks like 10 to 14
Days.

Harvest was the last week in April; trimming took me 28 hours total. Yield: 22 oz of top shelf bud; 12 oz of sugar trim; and a few leaves for hash.

This was an interesting grow. I learned some new training techniques and tweaked some other growing ideas into my routine. And as always, I found ways to improve next time. As for yield, I feel I can do better; but in the end, it is a more than satisfactory harvest.
I'm re-evaluating several things for this next grow:
  • Additives - as in how many of these actually do something. I started out using everything my line (GH) offered, and when I was using a 10 gal reservoir, it wasn't a big deal. Now I'm using a 70 gal res and putting certain additives in this can really cost, especially if the res is changed often. I'm using more hydrogen peroxide and less Flying Skull enzymes. I cut out Rapid Start except for rooting cuttings. And now I'm eyeing Flora Nectar and Diamond Nectar and Floral Blend. I'm going to go ahead and use what I have up, and I may not buy more.
  • Flushing. I've never flushed. But this time, I decided to use FloraKleen and only ph the water, not add anything else. The last two weeks, I just topped with water and checked the ph. The plants did mature a lot, but I figured they would have, anyway. It didn't seem to hurt things, and I have noticed a lack of nutrient odor in the final product. I'm thinking about adding this to my grow method.

Back
Top Bottom