PK Perpetual Grow Journal 2020

it was bigger than spider mites. the white little insects didn't look like spider and i saw only one on the dirt walking.
the plant and behind the leaves are all clean and look good. no sign of damage or bites or anything

2nd attempt at DIY DWC System
2020-09-04 19.50.05.jpg
2020-09-04 19.48.21.jpg
I guess this journal will be my perpetual grow. However, i will keep the contest update out of this and will only be visible in their own page.

Lets see how the 2nd try goes for DWC. The inside bottle is wrapped with a tinfoil incase any light penetrates throw the white bottle. The air pump is set on the lowest setting for water agitation.

2020-09-04 19.55.59.jpg
2020-09-18 13.03.56.jpg
To keep the water temp down on the inner bottle "res" i will be throwing ice cubes in the white bottle for now.
I have ph at 5.6 with 1ml of hydrozyme.
The clone is from one of the clones. while i was adjusting the branch throw the scrog net it snapt. So instead of throwing it out i though start this attempt again. I took the bottom leaves of the branch down. I did dip it into a root gel and then put it in wool cube. 0i cut out bottom of a coke bottle and put it over top and left it around the tent outside. Fingers cross it will make root system.

2nd attempt at DIY DWC System
2020-09-04 19.50.05.jpg
2020-09-04 19.48.21.jpg
I guess this journal will be my perpetual grow. However, i will keep the contest update out of this and will only be visible in their own page.

Lets see how the 2nd try goes for DWC. The inside bottle is wrapped with a tinfoil incase any light penetrates throw the white bottle. The air pump is set on the lowest setting for water agitation.

2020-09-04 19.55.59.jpg
2020-09-18 13.03.56.jpg
To keep the water temp down on the inner bottle "res" i will be throwing ice cubes in the white bottle for now.
I have ph at 5.6 with 1ml of hydrozyme.
The clone is from one of the clones. while i was adjusting the branch throw the scrog net it snapt. So instead of throwing it out i though start this attempt again. I took the bottom leaves of the branch down. I did dip it into a root gel and then put it in wool cube. 0i cut out bottom of a coke bottle and put it over top and left it around the tent outside. Fingers cross it will make root system.
That some real diy going on there. Ya know a simple 10gal small tote with a net pot and Geolite rocks works great too. Just a suggestion. Yours is looking good so far. What is that white stuff in the last pic?

That some real diy going on there. Ya know a simple 10gal small tote with a net pot and Geolite rocks works great too. Just a suggestion. Yours is looking good so far. What is that white stuff in the last pic?
i've got them in my amazon cart, but did not want to start it until the current grow is finished. I just made this quickly cuz i didn't want to throw the snapt branch away. lol

The sound of webs and you stating before that there is a lot of them concerns me. Figure out what they are before something bad potentially happens.
for now i cleaned the walls around the tent with bleach and water. This cleaning was outside of the tent.
I am thinking maybe because i am not cleaning the runoff in the catch cans?

Can you get a pic of the insects?
will do next time i see them. I've only noticed one and haven't see another yet

they do look good, but i find the branches not being thick enough.
2020-09-18 11.49.26 HDR.jpg
2020-09-18 11.49.47.jpg
2020-09-18 11.49.51 HDR.jpg
2020-09-18 11.49.52.jpg
2020-09-18 11.49.55 HDR.jpg
2020-09-18 11.50.13.jpg
2020-09-18 11.50.04.jpg
2020-09-18 11.50.44 HDR.jpg
Damn PK, your rocking those clones. Slender branches are common with regenerated clones. No worry bro they will be sturdy enough for buds. I've grown many scrogs with the flowering clones. They are beasts under a screen. You may have seen my pic before but I just want to remind you just how much they branch.

This is a total of four flowering clones taken at 21 day from a flowering mother in these two pics below. Two in each netpot inside a 30gal tote dwc. No topping or lst. Lst and topping are not needed when you use a screen.
prwLEoF.jpg
cp1hIa8.jpg

Two plants and one tote with a full 4x4' screen. It doesn't take many flowering clones to fill a 16sqft space.
d4Xu1YF.jpg

4 plants in two 30gal tubs 32sqft of screen...the small 5 gal tub between the two larger ones was thrown in there to quick flower a clone. It didn't use much of the screen because it wasn't vegged.
qc2fZPO.jpg

I guess my point is don't overcrowd your grow. Flowering clones are beasts when it comes to flowering and can overwhelm a grow fast. Consider plant numbers wisely and I wouldn't wait to awful long before flowering. If the clones have a strong root base and are feeding well..its time. They are already mature plants.
Good luck bro. I'm rooting for ya on this one. This is going to be one hell of a grow for you. I can't wait to watch it progress.

i didn't' know you had hydroponic system running. that is one hell of a training. nice pics

Always good to know whats crawling around your place. When I first moved to the desert I had a lot to learn when it came to insects.
for sure, only thing is the suckers are so small that you barely see them.

I had black widows under my trailer in Columbus but they didn’t bother me and I didn’t bother them.
as long as i know there not a harm then i don't care, but something tells me they will bring me problems.

question; GG isn't getting any taller and the clones are. due to the size of the tent last time around this height i flipped the light. If i don't flip the light i will be running out of room in flower time.
thoughts on why the gg isn't getting taller?

it's been like this for the last week. i've done a slurry mix of the soil and i had ph at 6.3 and ppm 100 x1 i am guessing that means ppm at 1000.
It could be anything but I’m guessing an issue with the roots.

Sep 20th | Feeding + Low Stress training
pk420magazine.jpg
2020-09-18 10.19.20 HDR.jpg
The clones have been really taking off this past week and since i notice a white little insect, i decided to take all the plants out of the tent today and get few things done on my list.

+ Cleaning the tent walls, floor and catch cans
+ Minor defoliation on the lower fan leaves
+ The low stress training this round went more on the upper branches to bring the new growth further down.
I was able to successfully bring the branches down and have the plants below the scrooge net. This give me extra high and every bit counts. The tent is really small for 4 plants in my opinion, and to make sure that the branches were inside the tent so that they have light. I decided to loosen the branches of the plants at the end of the tent
At least now all the plants are at the same height. Hopefully this gives a chance to the Gorilla glue to grow a bit further.
2020-09-20 12.51.25 HDR.jpg
Currently the plants are on 2.5gram of mc per gallon. This round i feed them to run off and each pot took 1 gallon.
also, i am not sure if my calculation was correct. I think @MrSauga mentioned 1/4 is 0.75g and i did 2x1/4 + 1tsp which i got 2.5g

Back
Top Bottom