Plant Alchemy With KNF: Korean Natural Farming And Jadam

To search for the acyl-activating enzyme (AAE) that synthesizes hexanoyl-CoA from hexanoate, we analyzed the transcriptome of isolated glandular trichomes. We identified 11 unigenes that encoded putative AAEs including CsAAE1, which shows high transcript abundance in glandular trichomes. In vitro assays showed that recombinant CsAAE1 activates hexanoate and other short- and medium-chained fatty acids.
Yes, yes... exactly what I would expect. 🤣

Here is a good video on CBD-A and CBG-A vs Covid-19

Here's the Oregon study:

Here's another one making the rounds, this time CBD (not CBDA) preventing viral replication!

"CBD acts after viral entry, inhibiting viral gene expression and reversing many effects of SARS-CoV-2 on host gene transcription."

FULL TEXT

The real medicine is free, directly from nature, and has no harmful side effects. Therefore, it's suppressed by the government.

I'm fairly new to the whole organic growing. I made my first batch of Bokashi soil about a year ago, and have been using the liquid from the pre-compost bucket as fertilizer.
I haven't made it all the way through this journal yet but I'm working on it, a page or two when I get a chance.
I think I'm going to try to make some JADAM out of any male plants I get to see what happens..
Will it work...IDK but I've never been afraid to fall flat on my face. I've found that every time I make a new bucket of pre-compost the liquid changes and I have to get used to it all over again, I guess I'm just looking for something easier to use than this Bokashi liquid.
I'm pretty much a hobby grower so I really don't need to make tons of stuff but, you guys really have my attention..
Thank you for such great information, much love and appreciation 💚

Highya BB,

I did a 5 gal bucket a couple years ago. I put nettles, comfrey, whatever "weeds" growing around, and fermented all that. Very easy, but smelly. Seemed to work okay. Just not my cup of tea. I use an aerated compost tea now when they need a boost. I also use some organic supplements at times. The biggest difference is Jadam Microbe Solution. Microbes are the kep to opening up minerals in the soil for plant use. Happy Smokin'

I think I'm going to try to make some JADAM out of any male plants I get to see what happens..
Healthy plants of a particular strain are some of the best things to use for Jadam extracts to feed that strain. Each strain wants slightly different combinations of things and a healthy leaf or entire plant has everything in the exact proportions that that strain wants.

Summer  Leaves

@Gee64 was commenting that my leaf mold will probably be a great input once fully broken down and I've started running some of the fall harvest through the compost tumbler. I figure that will be a good way to get the minerals left behind after the green color fades in the fall on a much faster time frame.

I use several accumulator plants with long tap roots that help mine nutrients far below what other plants have access to and tree roots work the same way. It occurred to me that even better than collecting leaves in the fall after they fall from the trees would be using fresh leaves and running them through the compost pile.

My thinking is that in the fall, the trees move the sap from leaves and branches down into their roots for winter storage, and with the sap go even more great inputs that I currently don't get with brown, fall leaves.

The downside is access. In the fall the leaves come to me from even the highest branches, but during the growing season the fresh ones are mostly out of reach. But since I had some branches encroaching on the driveway that had to come down, I figured I'd make use of the fresh leaves so I spent a pleasant afternoon plucking leaves from newly cutoff branches so I could add them to a compost pile I'm just starting.

Do you know how many branches you have to cut to get a 5 gallon bucket full of fresh leaves? I do. It's a lot! :laughtwo: But the good news is I have another title I can add to my collection, that of leaf plucker.

I think I may add this input to my compost piles going forward by trimming lower branches or those I can reach with a ladder whenever I start a new batch of compost.

Highya Azimuth,

Great idea! You might want to hit them with a weed whacker or lawn mower to break them down so they'll compost down quicker. I still have whole leaves from last fall in the compost pile. Should have done it, but I will this year. Happy Smokin'

Summer  Leaves

@Gee64 was commenting that my leaf mold will probably be a great input once fully broken down and I've started running some of the fall harvest through the compost tumbler. I figure that will be a good way to get the minerals left behind after the green color fades in the fall on a much faster time frame.

I use several accumulator plants with long tap roots that help mine nutrients far below what other plants have access to an tree roots work the same way. It occurred to me that even better than collecting leaves in the fall after they fall from the trees would be using fresh leaves and running them through the compost pile.

My thinking is that in the fall, the trees move the sap from leaves and branches down into their roots for winter storage, and with the sap go even more great inputs that I currently don't get with brown, fall leaves.

The downside is access. In the fall the leaves come to me from even the highest branches, but during the growing season the fresh ones are mostly out of reach. But since I had some branches encroaching on the driveway that had to come down, I figured I'd make use of the fresh leaves so I spent a pleasant afternoon plucking leaves from newly cutoff branches so I could add them to a compost pile I'm just starting.

Do you know how many branches you have to cut to get a 5 gallon bucket full of fresh leaves? I do. It's a lot! :laughtwo: But the good news is I have another title I can add to my collection, that of leaf plucker.

I think I may add this input to my compost piles going forward by trimming lower branches or those I can reach with a ladder whenever I start a new batch of compost.
So does that make your Mom a MotherPlucker?

Highya Azimuth,

Great idea! You might want to hit them with a weed whacker or lawn mower to break them down so they'll compost down quicker. I still have whole leaves from last fall in the compost pile. Should have done it, but I will this year. Happy Smokin'
That's a good idea. Next time.

I figure they'll be a green component in the compost pile and I'll see how well the fresh ones break down. I do do that for the fall leaves. Don't know why it didn't occur to me since I literally had to move the mower out of the way to process them. 🙄

5d87f144-a0d6-45ea-b1cb-a899624a10fc_text.gif

For those not following my 'Cloning with Jadam' thread I'm happy to report that I've had good success getting clones to root in cups filled with perlite. Since I now have a couple of matching clones from my CBD plant and thought I would flower them together and figured I might as well make an experiment out of it.

So..... I'm going to try two slightly different mixes as follows:

World Traveler Edition -Coco
20% Old soil from prior rounds
20% Organics (10% worm castings, 5% aged leaf mold, 5% compost (fines))
20% Carbon (coco)
30% Aeration (perlite (large) grain of rice size)
10% Biochar

Backyard Farmer Edition -Compost
20% Old soil from prior rounds
40% Organics (10% worm castings, 5% aged leaf mold, 5% compost (fines), 20% compost (mids))
40% Aeration (30% hydroton clay balls (small marble size), 10% Biochar

The main differences from previous rounds are an extra 10% aeration, hydroton vs perlite, and whether or not the carbon component can be satisfied from that in the compost. I've read a bunch on composting now and it seems like the material left in the pile after the heating phase is carbon in various stages of breakdown.

It is recommended to used "aged" compost of a year or more but the best I can do is about 3 months (although part of that is a lot older than that). I am trying to speed up the process by using JMS, but we'll see if at least some of the carbon is available for the microbes.

So, unless someone has thoughts on some major issue with the above mixes, I'll probably mix them this weekend and let them sit for two weeks.

Back
Top Bottom