Votes: 1 1.6%
  • Caregiverken - Volunteer

Votes: 7 11.1%
  • The General - Northern Lights #5

Votes: 1 1.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

420 Girl

Please submit a photo of your best plant (there is a separate contest thread for nugs.) We will only accept a self-nomination. The contest will be open for submissions from the 1st through the 15th day of each month. Once all submissions are in, we will begin voting for a winner. Winners are announced on the 1st of each month.

Winners earn 100 rep points, "Plant of the Month" title, a case of RAW Rolling Papers from HBI International, 12 Pack of King Size Cones and a 420 Magazine Nug Jar!

plantnew.jpg

lue Planet Nutrients contributes all of the following items to our winner.
Sierra Natural Science contributes all of the following items to our winner.
PerfectGardens.com contributes the following item to our winner.
Monthly winners are automatically eligible for our prestigious "Plant of the Year" contest; to be held in January.

Rules:

1. Contest entries must be original photos of your own plant(s).

2. Entries must include ONLY photos of the plant(s). You may add one inanimate object as a reference point for size or a closeup/macro. No nudity.

3. Maximum of two photos per member. Updating photos throughout the month is not allowed.

4. Remember to upload your photo through our Photo Gallery before posting them on this thread.
Photo Gallery Guide - How to Resize, Upload & Post Photos

5. Self-nominations only.

6. Contest is open to the first 25 entries.

7. Promotion (i.e. campaigning) for yourself or a friend, may disqualify the entry.

8. Any attempt at voting more than one time per person (i.e. multiple user names, etc.) or cheating in any other form will result in a permanent disqualification from all future contests.

Consolidated Entries

Smokemupm8 - Cindy

2012-10-22_19_42_47.jpg

2012-10-31_16_02_06.jpg

Goldengoose7 - Purple Rhino

P1012186.JPG

P1012208.JPG

JASPL - Durban Poison

0011010.JPG

007705.JPG

Cola Monster - Blueberry x Cheese

DSC07236.JPG

DSC07764.jpg

Closetorganic - Strain Unknown

5701.JPG

Robot - Kush-O-Matic

73014C84-74AB-47DD-BBBC-9C1B6092F0F1-6833-000001E521FFF7E7.jpg

C8955D6D-9BD3-40C9-89BF-A3C36D92CCA7-6833-000001E4FC2AE08D.jpg

Caregiverken - Volunteer

monsterplant.JPG

Vbud1.JPG

The General - Northern Lights #5

nl55.jpg

Hello everyone,
Id like to enter my plant Cindy, C99xPR. Soil grow in 400w MH/HPS.. She was my first LST d plant, i was a surprised as i tethered the main cola and pulled it across and then the new main shoot she made, i did the same, and i eventually ended up with 13 Primary branches, i sprouted her on 27/6 and flowered her for 57 days until i harvested her on Halloween.
She had 4 buds that were over 2ft in length x 10-16cm diameter. Then about 6 buds 1ft long but just a little less wide. I'd harvested about 1oz from her prior to harvest for samples and also due to some damage to the buds..
She weighed over 2.3kg, as a plant with a few branches missing that broke during chopping her down.. She stood over 6'2 in her pot, which was 25cm tall, and was over 4.5ft wide. UNFORTUNATELY AFTER HARVEST YESTERDAY, someone broke into our house and stole nearly all of Cindy s buds:( They left me with the 4 largest cola's and some little buds that they dropped.. Least ive got some but i wont be growing any more now until i move house. THAT SUX!! Anyway, heres a couple of pics of her, sorry they dont really demonstrate how big she was.. THANK YOU GUYS!! Take it easy, Smokemup and Cindy...
2012-10-22_19_42_47.jpg
2012-10-31_16_02_06.jpg

Sorry these pics arent the best, I wish i had better ones for you guys, or just could add some close ups of her big cola's. Thank you all for your help and support with this grow guys!! Take it easy, Smokemup.

Submitted for your approval...

This plant grew from a batch of White Rhino seeds that I purchased online back in 2011. The seeds made their way from Holland and at some point during their journey we assume that they got zapped by a x-ray machine or some form of scanning device. The reason we believe this is that of the 12 seeds that were planted, only 7 sprouted and all but two of those showed very abnormal development. These seedlings were all deformed in some way. Their leaves were oddly shaped and the plants were all asymmetrical and just plain strange looking. After a few weeks of growth it looked highly unlikely that these plants would produce a normal crop so I decided to pull them up.

I was left with the two seedlings that somehow survived this destructive force and were growing normally. In the end, one turned out to be male and the other turned out to be female. All during the veg process the plants looked like your typical White Rhino strain. Nothing unusual about them at all. However, when the female plant entered the flower cycle things started to get interesting. At about week five I started to notice that the flower tops were beginning to turn a pleasing shade of purple! This color change continued and the color became darker and more and more vibrant as time went on. By week eight the plant had transformed into one of the most striking Cannabis plants I had ever seen. It was at this point in time that I took the following photos.

I dubbed this mutant plant with the only logical name I could think of...

Purple Rhino

P1012186.JPG

P1012208.JPG

The medicinal effects from this plant's flower buds is very smooth and pleasant with a sweet and inviting aroma. I also allowed the male to flower and later used its pollen to pollenate some of my Purple Urkle females I was growing at the same time. The resulting seeds produced a female plant very similar to this original Purple Rhino, but with a tad lighter shade of purple. Since then I have crossed males from that seed with one of my GDP females and one of my Harlequin females. I have yet to grow out the seeds from those crosses, but I hope to do so soon!

I hope that you agree with me, that this plant is definitely a POTM contender! I welcome your vote and wish everyone the best of luck this month!

:thanks::Namaste:

Greeting 420 Friends!

I'm just finishing up my first grow and would like to submit my Durban Poison for consideration in the POTM contest.

This plant was started from a Dutch Passion feminized seed and transferred outside to my raised bed garden on Mother's Day.

The bed soil is a blend that combines 50% native top soil with 50% compost I make predominantly with leaves, grass clippings and chicken manure.

Seedling and pre-flower growth was fed with Fox Farm Grow Big, Epsom Salt, Pulverized Lime and Molasses.

During flowering stage I continued using the Epsom Salt, Lime and Molasses but added a generic dry garden fertilizer 18-24-12.

The final three weeks the plant received nothing but molasses.

This plant topped out at 14 feet tall and was roughly 8 feet in diameter. I didn't adequately support all the weight on the branches and during periods of high wind and rain suffered some loses.

The Durban Poison was harvested the third weekend of September and spent four weeks drying. Final weight for this plant was 3 pounds even.

The smoke gives a slight lemon taste which I enjoy and a pungent (typical) skunky smell. To say the DP is a cerebral high is entirely accurate - strictly neck up. One toke thru my Fumo pipe provides great way to start the day working outdoors.

Now for the pics:

That post to the left is about 10 feet high.

0011010.JPG

007705.JPG

Anyone interested in a bit more detail of the grow can see the post in my signature line.

I'm looking forward to everyone's questions and comments.

JASPL:peace:

For your consideration here's my November entry of some all organic greenhouse grown as well as pest and disease free Blueberry x Cheese in which I use Fox Farm's Ocean's Forest soil mixed in with a few other goodies plus Age Old Grow and Bloom in moderation during the season to where I end up with some huge and compact colas come harvest. Good luck all!:ganjamon:

DSC07236.JPG

DSC07764.jpg

Heres my girl for November
Shes a clone from mid july off Her outdoor mama and sat rootbound indoors in a 1 gallon pot with little nutes until 10/1 under 4 4foot T5s at 16/8. repotted and right to 12 12 under 400 hps 40 rh 80f lites on
She was just flushed with Phd 5.9water I plan on cutting her soon for more room. 3 gal mostly Fox farm ocean forest and more wc GO vegan bloom 2-4-4 every water 4tsp 5 and ahalf weeks flowering and maybe a week left. The branches were bent to even canopy during the first 4 weeks .She was heavily preflowered at 16/8 that may be why an early finish
5701.JPG

Hey guys, How are we all. Some nice plants this month, gunna be tough i be thinkin'!!
Anyways, i just thought id add a little info on the buds that the assholes didnt take - My 4 2ft buds.. Well after drying and into curing now, they weighed over 170g dry. So i got over 6 oz dry from them 4 buds.. Kind of spewing as id lost more weed than what they left me, so i may have had my biggest indoor harvest dry weight so far:( But at least this will keep us going until next girl is close to being ready.. I trimmed up a couple of them a little, i didnt go for FEMALE SEXIEST BUD OF THE YEAR, but i took a pic and will enter one in Nug of the Month..
Thanks guys, and make sure you vote as everyone deserves a chance!! Take it easy and will chat to you all soon... Smokemupm8:thumb:

Submitted for your approval...

I dubbed this mutant plant with the only logical name I could think of...

Purple Rhino

P1012186.JPG

:thanks::Namaste:

HEY GG, i have just been doing alot of reading online and have found that Nirvana Seeds a little while ago had a strain of White Rhino that had a purple Phenotype, they where selling them as white rhino but once they started growing them out themselves realised that they where turning purple.

Also i found that alot of other people have had white rhino with purple phenos, it doesnt actually seem to be an odd characteristic of the plant as there is loads of people that seem to find white rhino with purple phenos.

If you want to have a look into it as i know you like to do your research and learn as much as you can about the strains you are growing/grown search this in google and it will come up with loads of info and bits about it ----- the purple white rhino pheno

great looking plant, Good luck in the contest.

sorry 420 didnt know where else to write. :420:

HEY GG, i have just been doing alot of reading online and have found that Nirvana Seeds a little while ago had a strain of White Rhino that had a purple Phenotype, they where selling them as white rhino but once they started growing them out themselves realised that they where turning purple.

Also i found that alot of other people have had white rhino with purple phenos, it doesnt actually seem to be an odd characteristic of the plant as there is loads of people that seem to find white rhino with purple phenos.

If you want to have a look into it as i know you like to do your research and learn as much as you can about the strains you are growing/grown search this in google and it will come up with loads of info and bits about it ----- the purple white rhino pheno

great looking plant, Good luck in the contest.

sorry 420 didnt know where else to write. :420:

Hey Popcorn!

Thanks for that info on my Purple Rhino plant! Those photos in that link look similar but not exactly the same. It is cool that there is a wide spread variant of White Rhino that makes purple flowers instead of white ones!

I always assumed that the purple color was the result of being irradiated in transit, which could still be somewhat accurate. Perhaps the "ZAP" pushed out the purple phenome that is lurking in the White Rhino DNA?

Yeah i think that has definitely done something to them as yours are seriously purple, are you going to be taking clones from it or have you done so already and grow them out to see if they hold the same pheno and then cross breed it with uummm i dunno ................................... some GDP pollen maybe lol

:high-five:

Hi everyone. This month I am entering a Volunteer plant. :)
It grew from a discarded seed in hard packed ground, up through some dry brush, behind my trash trailer.
I did a grow diary on it along the way..Amazing...It is Sat. Dom for sure..
I took the 1st photo a couple weeks ago...but the plant is still up!
The 2nd photo was taken today. :)
It's time to harvest now.

monsterplant.JPG

Vbud1.JPG

For your consideration here's my November entry of some all organic greenhouse grown as well as pest and disease free Blueberry x Cheese in which I use Fox Farm's Ocean's Forest soil mixed in with a few other goodies plus Age Old Grow and Bloom in moderation during the season to where I end up with some huge and compact colas come harvest. Good luck all!:ganjamon:

DSC07236.JPG

DSC07764.jpg

Not fair!!! ...lol :) ... Really Nice work Bro!

As beautiful as that Purple Rhino is of Goose's, I had to go with that amazing Blueberry x Cheese of Cola Monster's. Nice job Cola Monster! :yummy:

This month has some amazing entries and some great pictures of them. Something for everyone this month - how 'bout those colas on Smokemupm8's plant?!?! INSANE!

:bravo: to you all!

Yeah i think that has definitely done something to them as yours are seriously purple, are you going to be taking clones from it or have you done so already and grow them out to see if they hold the same pheno and then cross breed it with uummm i dunno ................................... some GDP pollen maybe lol

:high-five:

Hey Popcorn!

As I mentioned, I used the male version to pollenate some Purple Urkle and then grew out those seeds and used pollen from one of those males to pollenate one of my GDP females. All this is documented in my original Indoor/Outdoor grow journal linked in my sig. While the male plant showed no color at all, it obviously had the same traits since the offspring turned out to be almost identical to the original female.

I think I am going to grow out a couple of the GDP/PR seeds this next season just to see what grows from that cross. Should be interesting!

In all my years of growing this stuff, I have never seen a plant like the one I entered in this contest. Never even knew that such a striking looking Cannabis plant was possible! Looks more like a Lupins than a pot plant!

I regret that I didn't clone the original, but I simply did not have the space or the time to clone anything out from the original at the time. At least the male was able to pass on these unusual traits! :)

Back
Top Bottom