Two weeks will do that!
I think I'm more impressed with how small and young the buds are, compared to how frosty they're getting. Even some of my really large fans have trichs almost out to the tips. Hopefully it's as good as I think it will be!

And it's been another 12 dayssss! In that time I was seeing deficiencies in both plants, especially the MassAssin in full flower. Emilya pointed out that at 5.9 pH mobile nutrients such as phosphorus are having trouble being absorbed. So I'm now feeding at 5.5 for a couple feeds. First one made a major difference in the Northern lights. I didn't get a current picture today but I did snag one of the MassAssin buds!

20190922_163856.jpg

20190922_163823.jpg

I plan on raising pH to 5.6 then 5.7 and see after a gradual raise to a slightly lower pH than 5.9 how they do. The MassAssin is getting close so I'll probably have better luck following changes in the Northern Lights. More to come!
:Namaste:

Cold weather brings about an added need for phosphorus and this deficiency is what seems to be happening with the purple edges. Some of this can just be considered fall colors, but you can also try to up the P levels if you are giving less than full strength nutes, and this usually takes care of it. Most nutrient lines have plenty of P in them so if you are at the proper pH and you are supplying the recommended amounts, there shouldn't be a problem. Some strains simply go purple at the end too, especially in cooler weather.
Since you are in a soil/coco mix, pH could be a little funny, and although you are working it in the hydro range, if you have a large percentage of soil in that mix, I think I would try moving the pH up near the soil range for a round or two to see if this changes the symptoms any.

Cold weather brings about an added need for phosphorus and this deficiency is what seems to be happening with the purple edges. Some of this can just be considered fall colors, but you can also try to up the P levels if you are giving less than full strength nutes, and this usually takes care of it. Most nutrient lines have plenty of P in them so if you are at the proper pH and you are supplying the recommended amounts, there shouldn't be a problem. Some strains simply go purple at the end too, especially in cooler weather.
Since you are in a soil/coco mix, pH could be a little funny, and although you are working it in the hydro range, if you have a large percentage of soil in that mix, I think I would try moving the pH up near the soil range for a round or two to see if this changes the symptoms any.

I did use a hybrid mix on my first grow but have since moved to a 70/30 coco/perlite mix. Running autos none of my nutrients are at full strength. I will kick up the GH FloraBloom and see if that helps her out. I can also bump the temp up just a bit as well and see how she responds. Thanks again!!!

What is it about autos that makes you run at less-than-full-strength nutes? I've always run my autos at full-strength.

From everything I had seen, and other growers had told me from their experience, full strength nutes would burn autos because they don't need as much food with their shorter less vigorous grow cycles. Using the GH FloraBloom as an example, it says 15ml/gal during flower where as I'm only doing 9ml/gal. With my current mix I'm around 870 ppm. Maybe I've been receiving misinformation :hmmmm:

less vigorous
your plant is showing you what she thinks about less vigorous.

truth be told, these are incredibly vigorous and fast growing plants, simply restricted genetically on size. There are a lot of fallacies out there being peddled as truth regarding autos. Don't believe everything you read.

Almost forgot!

I pulled out a "Babushka Black Auto" bean and another Northern Lights Auto. (I'm in love with these NL genetics, need to buy more)

I only had 1 BB bean, and this will also be my last NL bean. So hopefully they both crack and then do well from there! I'm excited about the BB and I hope she gets the dark violet gene!

Back
Top Bottom