30_12_07-Plant-1.jpg

30_12_07-Plant-2.jpg

30_12_07-Plant-3.jpg

30_12_07-Plant-4.jpg

30_12_07-Plant-5.jpg

Group Shout
30_12_07-Had-to.jpg

30_12_07-Had-two.jpg

MattMan, have you ever tried twist ties instead of string? Use the plastic coated kind (not paper or metal) and carefully twist them around the stem. This makes the LST very easy to adjust and easier than drilling holes in your pots. ;)

Very nice plants, I hope you get many females. :Rasta:

Pipe cleaners are a handy tool for tying things as well.

Is that ok? Esp. with foliar feeding wouldn't the exposed metal begin to rust? This is mainly why I stick with plastic coated twist ties, no chance of corrosion if they get wet.

I haver a full reel of twist ties as well. its just at this point i prefer nylon string aand making the holes didn't take any drilling just a good poke with a pair of scissors....lol

Is that ok? Esp. with foliar feeding wouldn't the exposed metal begin to rust? This is mainly why I stick with plastic coated twist ties, no chance of corrosion if they get wet.
I found no probs with the pipe cleaners and rust, most likely because my grow room is not humid. It tends to stay around 40% to 50% humidity - one of the advantages of living in an arid Country lol.

I haver a full reel of twist ties as well. its just at this point i prefer nylon string aand making the holes didn't take any drilling just a good poke with a pair of scissors....lol

Your plants look great, it really doesn't matter what your tying them up with.:grinjoint: I have used both string and twist ties and just found the twist ties more convenient when adjusting the LST.

I found no probs with the pipe cleaners and rust, most likely because my grow room is not humid. It tends to stay around 40% to 50% humidity - one of the advantages of living in an arid Country lol.

I had not really factored in the humidity so much as the spray of water from foliar feeding. With respects to growing, I have always been afraid of any kind of exposed metal rusting due to long exposure to moisture. I have always used plastic coated twist ties for this reason.

But if you say the pipe cleaners do not rust I will believe you Moose, as I have never tried them myself. :cheesygrinsmiley:

I have new pics awaiting approval just now, hoping for more help as one of the plants is much larger and growing at a much better rate than the others. They have all been treated the same, nutes, tying, wet/dry method. When I water i water half pint at a time over about 5-10 minutes until water starts to drip out the bottom. Pics to follow any help appreciated.

Back
Top Bottom