PotChimp's Side Projects

I am out of blunt wraps :) Oh well, I gotta go out anyways.
I did me a kief tumble this morning for the first time in close to a year. It's not the cleanest, but I got a lot. This film cannister only had residue in it. I got almost a full one:

I've got more trim and lower buds in another bag, so I put it in the freezer. I've got a gallon bag of JTR buds that got seeded by a GDP male I could tumble too.

I've heard of it, but after trying to make bubble hash with all those bags a few times, I decided to go hassle-free with this kief tumbler. Once in a while I do 'tane extractions, but I don't use dab much either.
I'm adding a 120 mm computer fan to my drying closet and putting a 4" duct on the output side. That 4" duct was already running to the closet but wasn't pulling enough airflow, so I added the fan and put it on a timer set to go off every 15 minutes on the hour. I'm adding the second duct run for it today.

I ran another duct run from a second tent to increase the airflow instead of adding that fan. It causes a negative air pressure in the first tent, but it's not bad. So far the plants don't seem to be affected, so they should be okay in the other tent. And it saves on the electric bill. :thumb:

I've heard of it, but after trying to make bubble hash with all those bags a few times, I decided to go hassle-free with this kief tumbler. Once in a while I do 'tane extractions, but I don't use dab much either.
I'm adding a 120 mm computer fan to my drying closet and putting a 4" duct on the output side. That 4" duct was already running to the closet but wasn't pulling enough airflow, so I added the fan and put it on a timer set to go off every 15 minutes on the hour. I'm adding the second duct run for it today.
I have not tried the dry ice but from what I saw the person basically put the dry ice in one of the bubble bags with the produce and then shook the shit out of it and collected the kief.

It really is that simple with dry ice. Freeze the trim ahead of time. Get dry ice block, bust it up with a hammer. Put trim and ice in bag together, let it sit for a minute and shake the bag over something flat like a counter top. I like the 1 gallon bags best because the powder stays in small area better. My local Kroger has dry ice. It's really quick and easy. No labor. Perfect for slackers like me :laugh: I like the middle size microns. Smaller holes, less green matter

Have you ever made dry ice hash? I had followed someones journal on here where they pulled crazy yields with dry ice. There was probably a little more plant matter in it than most care for but it looked like decent hash in the pics.
It really is that simple with dry ice. Freeze the trim ahead of time. Get dry ice block, bust it up with a hammer. Put trim and ice in bag together, let it sit for a minute and shake the bag over something flat like a counter top. I like the 1 gallon bags best because the powder stays in small area better. My local Kroger has dry ice. It's really quick and easy. No labor. Perfect for slackers like me :laugh: I like the middle size microns. Smaller holes, less green matter

I use this method exclusively, now, even though I have a full set of eight bubble bags AND a portable washing machine to make bubble hash! It's much quicker & easier than bubble hash with a lot less clean-up. An added benefit is that you can use the left-over dry ice to apply CO2 to the flower tent! ;)

That don't sound too bad I might try it sometime.
A close-up of a Juanita La Lagrimosa flower. It's already starting to yellow and getting some brown hairs. I was afraid to put it in a bigger pot because of how big and far along the plant is, so it's in a 2 gallon pot still:

This Dr. Grinspoon's in a 5 gallon pot, and about yay far along:

Chocolate Thai:

I chopped two Mendocino Purple Kush plants yesterday and got about 3 O-zees or more. Here's the next one:

Apollo 13 f2:

Ghost Train Haze #1:

Ahh, wouldn't you know it? No matter how much air I get moving through my drying closet, that air is a tropical 65% rH and it ain't gettin' anything dry. I'm trying to figure out a way to run another duct so I can pull heat from one of these light reflectors.

I looked at a cluster of Apollo 13 f2 plants last night that I repotted and put into bloom a little over a week ago. At the time I didn't have any soilless mix, so I used a new organic soil that Meer-ickle Grow makes to repot them. I'm going to keep an eye on this product to see if it stays on sale all year round because those plants look really healthy (I'll try to remember to get a pic of them up tonight). These Tikal seedlings are growing in it too; it's hard to see in this pic, but they're all better looking at 2-1/2 weeks than what I usually do (the bigger Arjan's Ultra Haze #1 plant in back is a little older):

I'm gonna try to make some compost tea out of it, too. :thumb:

Back
Top Bottom