PotChimp's Side Projects

Elite genes tend to throw nanners LATE in flower. If you see nanners or full on hermie before the tail end of flowering, I sure would be using that cut.

I have several cuts that do throw nanners the last week or two of flower, usually down low. I don't mind that....i see that as the last ditch effort to procreate. The stuff I see in Chimps pictures sure doesn't look like its the end of flowering. And the only way for a trait to be passed on 100% of offspring is for it to become a dominant trait....otherwise it would be a hit or miss thing.
I just grew a seed plant that threw ALOT of nanners at week 7 so I chopped it. Another buddy grew a clone of the same plant and went all the way to 11 weeks without any nanners. And it's very good weed. I culled all the clones I had of it, but I still have more seeds to look through and find a keeper. It was a good lesson that clones grown in a different environment won't always show nanners like the seedplant did.
BUT! That Matt Riot stuff was straight up Herman Munster.

I had a 818 headband from Cali connection that started throwing nanners like crazy around week 6. I culled it out after harvest. But I gave it's clones to a friend who grew it out in DWC without any issues. I wonder if it was happy as a clone in hydro because it was more stable as a clone or it just didn't like my soil mix. I did have 4 other strains going in the same mix in the same tent at the same time that didn't have any issues. Was a potent plant. I'll have to give it another go sometime. I have more of those seeds

I got about three or four plants to chop tomorrow, and I was gonna chop these Nevil's Haze plants too. They put out a bunch more growth (even though it's foxtails), so I think I'll let it go until Friday or maybe later:

I need to set this camera again to get the colors right.
Here's the next Carnival plant I have going. I cloned the top of the plant I have in bloom now to make this one:

If you look up Carnival on MOC's website, this pheno seems to match their description pretty well.
I've got to jar up some pot to make room on the drying rack, but once I get everything moving I can start that next grow; six feminised Killer A5 Haze, five regular Blackberry Trainwreck, and one regular mystery seed. :cheesygrinsmiley:

I just grew a seed plant that threw ALOT of nanners at week 7 so I chopped it. Another buddy grew a clone of the same plant and went all the way to 11 weeks without any nanners. And it's very good weed. I culled all the clones I had of it, but I still have more seeds to look through and find a keeper. It was a good lesson that clones grown in a different environment won't always show nanners like the seedplant did.
BUT! That Matt Riot stuff was straight up Herman Munster.

I grew out a Fruity Pebble OG x Wedding Cake that threw a lot of nanners in the last 3 weeks of life. I had a clone that was already ready to flower so I threw it in flower anyways. I did not take any more clones of it. The clone grown in the same tent as the seed mom did not throw a single nanner. I wish I had cloned it as it was fantastic bud. I grew out the Michigan cup cut of Wedding cake and the FPOGxWC was better all around.

Those are cloned from the original mother and they've been under 12/12 for 12 weeks and 4 days and 13 weeks and 4 days (there's two clones there, and I put them in a week apart). Damn, I didn't realize it was that long.....

Those are cloned from the original mother and they've been under 12/12 for 12 weeks and 4 days and 13 weeks and 4 days (there's two clones there, and I put them in a week apart). Damn, I didn't realize it was that long.....
At the rate you smoke weed, it's a pretty gutsy move growing those 14 week strains! :rofl:

I do love my smokin'! :lot-o-toke:
Somehow or another I'm managing to keep up with myself. I look at all three of these bloom tents full, thinking "Oh man, it's gonna be at least another nine weeks before they're full again. What I got ain't gonna last 'til then even with this added to it." It somehow does last though; it's pretty amazing.

About three days after I pop open an ounce jar of weed I'm looking at my foot through the glass when I go to get another bud out.

:420:
I'd be keeping my stash stuffed in half gallon jars just so I didn't have to see my feet as often! :rofl:

A little sweet (but Hazy smelling) and kind of like citrus too. Carnival:

These are just to see if there's a worthwhile female in the bunch to use as a mother for a Chem D v1.1 father. They're my 3rd breeding of Chemdawg D BX3, but they got really tall:

I'll transplant the females to bigger pots once they show sex and then cull the males (there's twelve altogether, about 2/3 of them are topped).
Ghost Train Haze #1:

I got the color a little closer, but I need to brighten the flash (Nevil's Haze):

Things are looking good Chimp. The Carnival is known to have a nice lime aroma.
Thats one I have almost popped at least a dozen times and always went with some thing else. I might have to break out the pack again.

It yields pretty well. Today it's at 8 weeks and 5 days of 12/12, so I might chop it tomorrow.
I decided what my mystery seed is gonna be. I just didn't want to do an 11 plant grow (half of my twelve Blackberry Trainwreck seeds and all five of my Killer A5 Haze seeds), so I decided to dig through my seed stash and pick one. Seedism Seeds - Hippie Killer (fem).

Back
Top Bottom