ProfessorFlora's 10 Strain 200W LED Organic Soil Grow

14ºC is damn cold for many plants, and I remember Norcaliwood posted a great link in my thread about how some plants can't uptake specific nutrients below certain temps:
The effect of cold on cannabis plants - Alchimia blog
I think that you're right with this one Shed. It's interesting how most of the others are unaffected, I say most because the fade that is on some of the plants in the other tent can probably be explained with cold temps. Don't worry though as I have a cunning plan!....not really that cunning, it just sounded cool

Especially for a Cali strain! Everyone knows the temps here never get below 21ºC ;).
Temps are only over that here for about 2-4 months of the year. Last year we had a good/bad summer depending on how you looked at it. Half of the UK melted but I got a tan and was allowed iced coffee at work! Shits and giggles I guess :)

Hey 420! Well the venting into the room idea did not work! It kinda did in the sense that it warmed the room to 18C which is exceptable however as I expected it raised the Humidity to an incredible 99%! This simply will not do. So I have one option left and that is to buy a cheap radiator. I was thinking though that maybe I don't need a radiator and that a HPS bulb would do the trick. Has anyone had any experience with a 250w? I was wondering how hot they get and if they could heat a room that is roughly 3m x 3m with a high ceiling? I could then use the bulb in my veg tent or as a back up light as I have no spare light in the event of a failure. I know a 400w is too much for this room. I'll drop a load of pics shortly, thanks people! :)

single.jpg
cozy-products-accessories-cl-coop-64_1000.jpg
Have you looked into electric tube greenhouse heaters or chicken coop heaters they are 90-300 watt. Lol...chickens.

Just might work to bring it up a few degrees.
i think I need a bit more than a few degrees. It was 6C with the widow open for venting and I was hoping to get it up to around 17C. I might still get one anyway just in case

single.jpg
cozy-products-accessories-cl-coop-64_1000.jpg
Have you looked into electric tube greenhouse heaters or chicken coop heaters they are 90-300 watt. Lol...chickens.
I haven't but I will certainly look into it after seeing those chickens. They look like they've been "startled". I love that word and I don't know why :)

Despite the current enviromental issue the ladies are starting to look pretty sexy. I can see purple on several of them and they don't appear to have been slowed by the cold...yet. I've ordered a heater and it will be here in a few days. For now I have the choice between high humidity or very low temps, how very appealing. Here we are on day 34 of flower....

Dieselicious....
ORG_DSC06483.JPG

Gucci (24k Gold)....
ORG_DSC06485.JPG

Cotton Candy Cane....
ORG_DSC06486.JPG
Purple Chem
ORG_DSC06488.JPG

California Orange....
ORG_DSC06490.JPG

Heavy Grapefruit....
ORG_DSC06491.JPG

Critical Cheese....
ORG_DSC06492.JPG

Northern Lights....
ORG_DSC06493.JPG

Currylato....
ORG_DSC06495.JPG

I'm in the same boat, need a heater. It seems the tube type aren't for sale in the USA. I would have to order from UK.

What kind did you end up getting?

They’re all coming along nicely, they’ll be ok in the end.
It's not been too much of a harrowing experience. I've learnt that I'd rather have low temp issues than high temp issues, easier to fix lol

I'm in the same boat, need a heater. It seems the tube type aren't for sale in the USA. I would have to order from UK.

What kind did you end up getting?
I've gone with both a HPS bulb and a 2500w radiator. I won't be needing it for too much longer, maybe a couple weeks. It's actually raining really heavily here now and the snow is a thing of the past for where I am. It's warmer but still in the sad zone :)

Yes heat will kill them quick.
I lost 2 entire tents during the heatwave last year, on the month I joined 420 in fact. It was one of the reasons that I joined. Temps were 27C at lights out and went as high as 38C with led lights on. I got them to harvest but they were a mass of tasteless foxtails

Back
Top Bottom