Prof's Lab: Diary Of A Bedroom Farmer

Or the double glazing installer (if that's still a thing there...I remember it was big about 20 years ago in London).
Everyone has double glazing now so he's probably not getting any anymore. He should consider maybe looking into blind installation. That way he could test out the product....cue music

Hey 420. Its time for another update after having a little bit of time off for illness. I got pretty lazy in the bedroom garden but have since made up for it by getting the flowering tent in order. We've been trimming, super-cropping, tying down and watering. It looks like someone has been in my garden with a sledgehammer lol.
First though before we go inside I thought we could have a look at what's going on outside....
WIN_20200414_15_11_19_Pro.jpg

The Auto is still alive and growing though I'm not sure how well. Everything seems ok. She's just had one light watering from a bucket of rain water. That's it. More on this one as stuff happens....
WIN_20200414_15_11_41_Pro.jpg
WIN_20200414_15_11_57_Pro.jpg

The White Widow is still alive also but isn't making a great impression. I'm not going to kill her though as she's not taking up any space or costing me anything. She might wake up any minute or she may continue to grow like this until she finally flowers later in the year....
WIN_20200414_15_12_36_Pro.jpg

The Blueberry Cookies is up now. She was a little yellow after breaking the surface but she's going green now and looks good. Lets see if we can do better with this one....
WIN_20200414_15_12_52_Pro.jpg

I didn't get quite as many pics as I would have liked but here's a few snaps of one of the Crumbled Limes and the Hoe Down out of the tent after some training yesterday....

Crumbled Lime #2....

This thing is a very nice plant to work with. The only problem is that its so much taller than the rest. I've done my best to get her as low as I can without snapping her but they keep reaching back up. Ive super-cropped each of her 4 main branches probably 5 times each but up they went again. The string seems to be working well to keep her low but you can see her fighting it....
WIN_20200414_14_17_10_Pro.jpg
WIN_20200414_14_17_28_Pro.jpg
WIN_20200414_14_17_54_Pro.jpg

The Hoe Down....

I'm not sure but I think I may like this plant even more than the Crumbled Lime #2. Probably not as much as the Crumbled Lime #1 though but more on her later. The Hoe Down went into overdrive as soon as she was healthy again after a rushed start. She seems like a very vigorous and branchy plants and is also pushing flowers already. I have been looking forward to trying some of the Exotic Genetix strains so I'm super happy that this one is looking good. The Double D's has also improved a lot over the last couple of days but she had a bad start so is unlikely to impress me with her yield at the end....
WIN_20200414_14_38_37_Pro.jpg
WIN_20200414_14_38_50_Pro.jpg
WIN_20200414_14_39_02_Pro.jpg

Apologies for the state of the pics. I'm currently on tablet cam which isn't great but its better than having to listen to me describe everything. Tent carnage pics coming up next....

I've been hacking and slashing, bending and breaking and they sorta fit now. Some were considerably taller than their neighbours so I've moved all of the short strains to the left and put the tallest strains on the right. Its working for me so far though I'm starting to think I should have put the tallest strains on the left as it is closer to the opening which means I can access them better. Some of the short strains have a really nice compact yet branchy structure. The Phantom Cookies Domina has so many budsite in such a small area that I can't imagine how she is going to look come harvest. The French Macaron and the Starcake are similar and I've managed to get all 3 laid out in a star shape. I don't think I need to train the Double D's but I may tie her down if she gets a little taller.
The bottom feeding is still going well and has given me no problems. The plants are healthy, vigorous and green. There is definitely nutrient salt on the surface of the coco but it isn't causing any problems....yet.

Here we are trying to fit the plants in the tent....
WIN_20200414_14_19_48_Pro.jpg
WIN_20200414_14_20_02_Pro.jpg

Hoe Down got snapped but doesnt seem to care....
WIN_20200414_14_42_29_Pro.jpg

The final mess....
WIN_20200414_14_41_48_Pro.jpg
WIN_20200414_14_42_07_Pro.jpg

Its still a work in progress as I'm expecting the plants to laugh in my face shortly as they break free from their restrains and reach for the light.

I'm going to be doing a hash run later so there will be some pics of that plus we will be taking clones for the next run from the bonsai mothers. Its time that they had a good trim. They grow so much faster than they ever did in soil. Catch y'all later
:passitleft:

Knock Knock, got another visitor. Thats a sound i dont hear much anymore, miss my visitors. Good Journal, keeps me in bed to long but what the heck, the girls are sleeping and cumfy in their tent. Great Journal, Cheers
Pleased to meet you BudShark!
Other than Postman Pat we dont get many visitor at the moment. If we didn't have kids then there would be very little to get out of bed for at the moment lol. Its not quite that bad but this is probably the most surreal time in my life. Every morning I get up and still can't quite believe that I dont have to go to work. I'm just making the most of the time wth the family and in the garden when I get the chance.
Hopefully later I can whip up some hash quickly and get some pics of that up.
Cheers BudShark

Thanks, you guessed it, no kids or wife, I might have to make a daily shores list and put it on my fridge. Would be nice to see, I dry sift my sugar leafs, I would guess I have about 4 or 5 grams gathered up in the fridge, when I get about 50 or so, I will def be making some hash. Cheers, enjoy your time off.

I seem to have made a stoner error.

Brah story of my life :laugh: :headbanger: Aloha Professor! I’m a little bit late and a lotta bit stoned. Gonna take seat for the show!

Looking good P. Those Crumbled Limes seem to be hardy growing plants. I’ve given mine some serious abuse and they haven’t skipped a beat. You getting a strong lime smell from yours yet?

For our first update I thought we could start with a trim and a little experiment. The mother plants are growing well again so I thought that it would be safe to cut them back....
DSC01157.JPG
DSC01171.JPG

Quick trim and....
DSC01173.JPG
DSC01176.JPG
DSC01178.JPG

I cut them all back down to the lowest growth except for the Tropicana Banana which didn't need it. I took some clones from her for an experiment which I tried in my previous journal which very nearly succeeded. I'm going to try to root the cuttings in a jar of water. That's it. Simple. The last time I tried it I used the Fat Purple mother but she was weak from the gnat invasion so the cuttings weren't great. I did manage to get a root on one but then I knocked it off by mistake lol. So we're going to try it again with a healthier and stronger growing plant....
DSC01179.JPG
DSC01175.JPG
DSC01174.JPG

Lets start things off nice and slow :peace:
Mu mum used to do this all the time and became a master at it. We used to laugh at all the cuttings dropped in plastic cups and initially thought she was a bit crackers but she never bought store plants and always had a garden full of pots with random plants in until her last days. I tried so many times and failed too. lol It does seem we have moved forward with so much tech and product that the old ways of cloning are being lost a little. I find that with using milk too. age old treatment for bugs and stuff but often have to convince people it works .lol
hope the sanity is holding still ?. We are not feral yet but did catch the youngest stalking a bird in the garden so we need some civilisation soon.
Kismet decided to pay us a visit and broke my foot and a couple of snapped toes , this was to keep me from escaping up the "ladder of flashing pain" to sanctuary. No point in a hospital visit to be honest as its 30miles away through a lot of bored police patrolling .On our car that ran out of mot a week ago. I dont think I would handle any plod daring to act stupid over being out. Getting to the point now where people are ready to lynch families for walking round the park here and not "obeying" the govt.!!!. facebook spotted sites are riddled with "concerned" folks going crazy and posting pics if people use the park. lol Animal farm ( and not the good one !!! lol) springs to mind.. Now Boris has been outed as lying about having Covid and doctors who refused to sign the official secrets act to treat him were sent home. They wouldnt agree on his diagnosis. Been a whistleblower who passed it on to labour mp. She tweeted it and is now under summons from the Tories/Israels latest Labour puppet ,Starmer . A supporter of Jeremy too , seems a lot of his friends are now being forced out. Roll on release from the prisons and the reckoning !!. lol
asides all this shit. Garden is going great matey. loving the production line and sounds like some nice genetics at play too liquorice in a j sounds nice. homestead needs some extensions building while your off just for trimming stations come harvest.

Don't waste the water. I'll wipe it off under my pit and we're good.

Here, you can have my half :cheesygrinsmiley:
never cease to make me bork and laugh in the same breath Mr S. hahahahaha

Today is flowering day 6 for the coco plants. Most have recovered well and are growing like normal however as per usual the plant which I'm most interested in is being a runt. Damn you autocorrect! The Double D's is actually the only one who's being slow. The rest are trucking on and are losing the rough appearance they came into flower with. Its early for these but there is still no saying what the genders of the three Exotic Genetix and the Crumbed Limes are. It looks like there may be a female CL but it also looks like the Crunk Boat could be a male. Were still gaining some traction with this grow but so far so good....
WIN_20200404_13_46_59_Pro.jpg

The pics are a bit crappy at the moment but here they are today....

The 2 Crumbled Limes....
WIN_20200404_13_42_27_Pro.jpg

The Hoe Down and the Crunk Boat....
WIN_20200404_13_42_52_Pro.jpg

The Double D's and the Star Cake....
WIN_20200404_13_43_05_Pro.jpg

French Macaron and the Phantom Cookies Domina….
WIN_20200404_13_43_18_Pro.jpg

Here is the current bad girl. The Crumbled Lime which looks to be female....
WIN_20200404_13_44_32_Pro.jpg

The bottom feeding is going well so far. It will be time to give them their first flush soon. I think I can see nutrient salts beginning to build up on the surface of the soil. I thought that it might have been mould at first but apparently not.
Happy growing everyone
bottom feeding wicking. Mmm. missed that. looks to be going ok so far. you have some mix of ladies and breeders going on too mate. never thought you would run out of Barneys. lol

Hey 420. Today I can confirm that the Crunk Boat reg is a male. Bummer I know. That leaves us with 7 plants like before. I still think that the Hoe Down will be a male as well but we will have to wait couple more days for that one. Not a problem but a little dent in the group and also a bad start for trying for high GPW. On the plus side the lights won't have as much to cover. Always a silver lining. The rest with tee exception of the Double D's are doing great. There are roots coming out of most of the pots like little bean sprouts. The French Macaron has loads so she must be happy. She is also growing very well and looks like a nice little tidy indica plant. The Crumbled Limes are both growing well and look like they both might be female. Fingers crossed for them. The weakling of the round is my Double D's. I don't think it was her fault as she was growing well before the gnats. I'm going to reveg her if she is nice after the grow is over. To be fair I will reveg any of these that I like as money is very tight at the moment. It's time to start looking after what we already have. Only if its good though lol.
The bottom feeding seems to be going well. I've given them one flush already and think I could probably get away with doing one every 2 weeks. They are almost constantly sat in water. I wait for them to finish the tray then add more as soon as they have. It works out to be around a 2 gallon feed every day dumped straight in the tray. No fuss. These are currently on 5g of MC per gallon of water.
I almost forgot to mention that I super cropped them all. Just thought I'd give them a snap as I'm a bored gardener. I'm sure that they'll love it. I will get a snap of them all individually shortly but for now we must say good bye to Crunk Boat....
WIN_20200407_14_45_41_Pro.jpg
WIN_20200407_14_46_01_Pro.jpg

It was a good looker as well....
WIN_20200407_14_46_25_Pro.jpg

Damn....
WIN_20200407_14_47_14_Pro.jpg

Here he is....
WIN_20200407_14_48_04_Pro.jpg
WIN_20200407_14_48_19_Pro.jpg
WIN_20200407_14_49_06_Pro.jpg
WIN_20200407_14_50_08_Pro.jpg
WIN_20200407_14_51_16_Pro.jpg
WIN_20200407_14_51_47_Pro.jpg

:passitleft: :peace:
sad loss on the male mate but win on the others.

Back
Top Bottom