Prof's Lab: Diary Of A Bedroom Farmer

I checked with god and he said he intended his seedlings to break the surface and see the sun, so you're good to go :).

Congrats on the new pepper plant too!
ask him why he fucked my toes up !!!!!..

It's time to come in as the sun is setting and there is a chill in the air. The auto can still live indoors at night for a little while I guess. There are no slugs in here. Time to go and check out what is happening in the bedroom....Laundry and ganja of course!
Over the last couple of weeks we have had a some really nice weather which has given me a chance to see how hot it might get in the grow room with it running at full power which is only 400w. The highest that the temp got to was 25C which was in the 60cm x 120cm tent. So far we're good on that front. The humidity is also good at the moment even with trays of water sitting in all 3 tents. It rarely goes above 60% at lights on.
The bonsai mother plants are going to need another chop soon so we will see about getting a round of clones going. They look good and are growing well each day.
The flowering plants in coco are on day 19 of flower and will be coming to the end of the stretch soon. It looks like a proper mess in there at the moment but we will get them trimmed up and bent into position using bamboo canes as support. The pots that these plants are in have those handy little loops on the corners for stakes and I have a bamboo problem so we will combine those two factors.
The Barneys grow in the 60cm x 80cm tent is on flowering day 29 and is providing me with nothing to do other than add water every 4 days. It is currently set on autopilot which is something I'm really not complaining about. It feels strange flowering with just 100w though. The feeling is a mix of distrust and curiosity lol. Well, were going to see how such a low wattage performs firstly like this and then again with a normal grow. I'm not expecting mega nugs but I'd like some high quality.
Having the grow room back in the bedroom isn't so bad. It will be great for heat in the winter and makes taking pics of roots at 3am easier.

Here is the quite busy lookng cupboard today....
WIN_20200410_19_22_28_Pro.jpg
WIN_20200410_19_22_53_Pro.jpg

The veg tent....
WIN_20200410_19_23_05_Pro.jpg

The Barneys Tent....
WIN_20200410_19_23_36_Pro.jpg

The coco grow....
WIN_20200410_19_15_33_Pro.jpg
Dayum brother . only just got the kids out of your room too. now all those girls sitting pretty , listening, hearing , watching .... lol
looks nice and organised though. great save on losing the original space.

Thanks, you guessed it, no kids or wife, I might have to make a daily shores list and put it on my fridge. Would be nice to see, I dry sift my sugar leafs, I would guess I have about 4 or 5 grams gathered up in the fridge, when I get about 50 or so, I will def be making some hash. Cheers, enjoy your time off.
I nearly made some hash lol. It got late in the end so I fell asleep. We'll try that one again later
You are definitely keeping busy Professor! Love that supercrop technique...you should post a tutorial :).
That would be even more lazy than my cloning tutorial. Snap branch. Good night
Brah story of my life :laugh: :headbanger: Aloha Professor! I’m a little bit late and a lotta bit stoned. Gonna take seat for the show!
:passitleft:
Welcome Sunny. Lol. Dont worry, you'll fit in just fine. I'm sure we'll have plenty more stoner errors. As long as I dont leave a red light on in my tent again we should be good lol.
Looking good P. Those Crumbled Limes seem to be hardy growing plants. I’ve given mine some serious abuse and they haven’t skipped a beat. You getting a strong lime smell from yours yet?
Hey Lew. Both Crumbled Limes are killing it. They're both very similar but one is shorter with crazy side growth and the other is taller with nicer flower formations beginning to develop. I think it will come down to flavour and effect for those if I'm to keep one.
To be honest I haven't given them a good sniff so i dont know what they're like yet. Theyre not hanging around though and have flowers forming.
bottom feeding wicking. Mmm. missed that. looks to be going ok so far. you have some mix of ladies and breeders going on too mate. never thought you would run out of Barneys. lol
Hey GG. Yep, i thought id try and be different again. So far there hasn't been a single noticeable problem. I just dump the water in the tray and the plants suck it up over the course of about 12 hours. I do that every day and it only takes 10 minutes to mix up a batch and water the plants. I can see salts building up but most of the plants dont even have any tip burn.

Hey 420! Another day in isolation and another chance to get some gardening done. Today I managed to take some clones and cut back the mothers plus get a few pics of the other tents progress. First up we have the coco grow. Here we are a couple of days after the training session on flowering day 25....
WIN_20200416_14_29_16_Pro.jpg
WIN_20200416_14_29_40_Pro.jpg
WIN_20200416_14_30_56_Pro.jpg
WIN_20200416_14_31_43_Pro.jpg
WIN_20200416_14_33_32_Pro.jpg
WIN_20200416_14_33_48_Pro.jpg
WIN_20200416_14_34_00_Pro.jpg

I removed the chilli plant from White Widow seedlings pot last night and when I checked on them this morning there was another this time in the autos pot....

No chilli....
WIN_20200411_11_57_30_Pro.jpg

WIN_20200411_11_57_41_Pro.jpg

Yes chilli....
WIN_20200411_11_57_50_Pro.jpg
WIN_20200411_11_58_04_Pro.jpg

Today they are going under God's sun in full....
WIN_20200411_11_58_17_Pro.jpg
WIN_20200411_11_59_11_Pro.jpg

Meanwhile back in the window....
WIN_20200411_11_59_36_Pro.jpg

The Tropicanna Banana cuttings are still alive but no roots yet. Its difficult to see what is going on as I used dark glass this time so the roots wouldn't be exposed to bright light. Next time I will use a straight jar as well. This is a Marmite jar because I'm British. It looks nice but is impractical for checking clones both visually and physically.....
WIN_20200411_12_00_03_Pro.jpg
yuk marmite. poor plant will either love it or hate it. lol Do wonder how a little left over may be of use to the micro herd though ??. mmm now then , what's in marmite ? vegimite comes to mind too . something for me to ponder now.lol we used it with our clients who were abstinence to replace b12 . An amazingly good anti-withdrawel by product. stops seizures oddly enough. must have some other good stuff packed in their too. wonder about peanut butter too.lol
too.much time on our hands !!
Been toying with idea of additional top dressing with aptimil breast milk on my flowering los girls. Got them in 60L pots and they are getting very big. Thankfully on day 18 now and they are the fast flowering testers so should not get out of hand. They have hit flower rapidly too. way in front of the other strains for development at day 16 since flip. Still no strain makes released yet but hopefully they will name them soon. only grown 3 of the 33 they sent and so far they are a winner for all stages. have given them an 8-9 week veg time too as thought they would be a lot slower than the nft tanks.!!. Popped a Gelato41/GZ cross too that is killing the other two in her tank and is a 2 weeks younger. Seeing DD and his gelato/hulkberry "Hulklato" monster of a plant that looks like your Gelato41, gives me a boost too. so far 2 seeds popped from the cross mixes and both female . Glad I kept them all now. Have a whole batch of the Hulklato but sadly only a few of the Gz/bg41 separated. rest are in the mixed bag !!!. Sorry for the waffle , been a while matey. heres the Fruity Gorilla Sorbet (Bg41/GZ X lol) today , Day 18
15870510634026044139551188252157.jpg
15870512643303275944949859025618.jpg

All 9 in a row.lol middle LOS fft's
20200414_131808.jpg
20200414_133958.jpg
20200414_131738.jpg

Happy bunny and had to share the seed success pics. beside the foot all good in the house.
ramble over . caught up again. lol

Nice work on the coco girls training Prof! Canopy is looking very even and nice to see some pistils popping. The Crumbled Lime sounds like a very nice strain bet she smells amazing!

yuk marmite. poor plant will either love it or hate it. lol Do wonder how a little left over may be of use to the micro herd though ??. mmm now then , what's in marmite ? vegimite comes to mind too . something for me to ponder now.lol we used it with our clients who were abstinence to replace b12 . An amazingly good anti-withdrawel by product. stops seizures oddly enough. must have some other good stuff packed in their too. wonder about peanut butter too.lol
too.much time on our hands !!
Been toying with idea of additional top dressing with aptimil breast milk on my flowering los girls. Got them in 60L pots and they are getting very big. Thankfully on day 18 now and they are the fast flowering testers so should not get out of hand. They have hit flower rapidly too. way in front of the other strains for development at day 16 since flip. Still no strain makes released yet but hopefully they will name them soon. only grown 3 of the 33 they sent and so far they are a winner for all stages. have given them an 8-9 week veg time too as thought they would be a lot slower than the nft tanks.!!. Popped a Gelato41/GZ cross too that is killing the other two in her tank and is a 2 weeks younger. Seeing DD and his gelato/hulkberry "Hulklato" monster of a plant that looks like your Gelato41, gives me a boost too. so far 2 seeds popped from the cross mixes and both female . Glad I kept them all now. Have a whole batch of the Hulklato but sadly only a few of the Gz/bg41 separated. rest are in the mixed bag !!!. Sorry for the waffle , been a while matey. heres the Fruity Gorilla Sorbet (Bg41/GZ X lol) today , Day 18
15870510634026044139551188252157.jpg
15870512643303275944949859025618.jpg

All 9 in a row.lol middle LOS fft's
20200414_131808.jpg
20200414_133958.jpg
20200414_131738.jpg

Happy bunny and had to share the seed success pics. beside the foot all good in the house.
ramble over . caught up again. lol
I could eat marmite with a spoon lol. Cheese, bacon and marmite toasty GG. That's all I need to say.
I didn't realise that you had your new journal up and running. I'll be over for peep soon. You're probably on page 30 already. You're plants are looking great though.
Nice work on the coco girls training Prof! Canopy is looking very even and nice to see some pistils popping. The Crumbled Lime sounds like a very nice strain bet she smells amazing!
Thanks N. I still need to get in there and check for pleasant smells lol. The Crumbled Lime's are both very good at the moment

Here is the mother tent before I took some cuttings earlier. The plants were in need of a good trim and they certainly got that....
WIN_20200416_14_37_13_Pro.jpg
WIN_20200416_14_37_18_Pro.jpg
WIN_20200416_14_37_37_Pro.jpg

If you look to the right you will see Dick Head otherwise known as Chairman Meow. Just waiting for me to turn my back....
WIN_20200416_14_39_34_Pro.jpg

Keep it cheap and cut back on recycling at the same time. The trusty ol yoghurt pot method....
WIN_20200416_14_47_18_Pro.jpg

I simply cut the stems where I could and placed them in coco to root. I did tidy them up a bit as well. I didn't use any rooting hormone for these....
WIN_20200416_15_00_34_Pro.jpg

BONSAI!!!!....
WIN_20200416_15_14_56_Pro.jpg

Continued....

I cut the mothers backdown to their lowest side growth shoots and also took the opportunity to remove some of the main branches. They had 8 growth tips each but I've trimmed them down to 4 as I will never need that many cuttings. Now I can fit more plants in my mother tent as well. I should be able to get 5 more in there if I need to....
WIN_20200416_15_15_28_Pro.jpg

The Fat Purple is beginning to show her age....
WIN_20200416_15_15_59_Pro.jpg

Like a forest in winter....
WIN_20200416_15_16_23_Pro.jpg

Of course this wouldn't be a Professor journal without a random spider attack. I very nearly dropped the whole tray as I was taking the plants out of the tent when this thing ran across the top of my hand lol....
WIN_20200416_15_17_39_Pro.jpg

So there you have it. That'll be the mothers dealt with for another few weeks. They do grow fast in coco though....
WIN_20200416_15_18_15_Pro.jpg
WIN_20200416_15_18_33_Pro.jpg

Here is where my waste is going. The anaerobic tea which just sits there in the garden cooking in the sun. Smells lovely. I'll be using it to water my outside garden and dont like the idea of bringing it into the bedroom. Even I draw the line at some things....
WIN_20200416_15_24_04_Pro.jpg
WIN_20200416_15_24_33_Pro.jpg

I know that look lol, I have two dickheads myself :rofl:
That's a look which just says "I dare you" lol. That kitty has cost me at least a couple months veg time if you add up all of the minor incidents we've had. One time I locked her in my grow room with all of the tent doors open. She was kind to me that day and only ate a couple fan leaves lol

The Hash run has been completed. I got a good workout from that lol. I did at least half an hour mixing with a 15 minute break in the middle. We managed to keep the cat out the way this time so there is less debris in the hash. Hooray.

Here we go then....
WIN_20200416_20_11_44_Pro.jpg

I was fortunate enough to have some awesome material to work with. The Hashplant D (the strain that the trim was collected from) really is made for hash. I dont know how much material I started with as I didn't weigh it but it must've been around 2 or 3 ounces of sugars and heavily coated larger leaves....
WIN_20200416_20_12_16_Pro.jpg
WIN_20200416_20_12_31_Pro.jpg
WIN_20200416_20_12_42_Pro.jpg

Mix that shit up....
WIN_20200416_20_34_47_Pro.jpg

Continued....

Before we continue I must first apologies yet again for the camera. I really wish I had the better one for this. This stuff looks very tasty indeed.

Ladies and gentlemen I give you Hashplant D hash....
WIN_20200416_22_05_51_Pro.jpg
WIN_20200416_22_06_03_Pro.jpg
WIN_20200416_22_06_15_Pro.jpg
WIN_20200416_22_06_24_Pro.jpg
WIN_20200416_22_06_34_Pro.jpg
WIN_20200416_22_06_46_Pro.jpg
WIN_20200416_22_07_15_Pro.jpg
WIN_20200416_22_07_50_Pro.jpg

Good night everyone

:bravo: on the hash, the mom-cuts, the stinky barrel being 6,000 miles away from me, and the excellent cloning tutorial:
Believe it or not but that isn't the stinky barrel. That is a new one I started last month which contains cannabis waste, bananas, eggs shells, raw uncooked fruit and veg, wild bird fat balls (apparently they contain animal fat, calcium and crushed bird seeds), 10+ varieties of weeds and other plants and a good few handfuls of sifted compost to add life to the mix.
The other barrel contains everything from rodent corpses to chicken soup and everything in between lol. We dont open that one as often. That is the one which is like abattoir slop.

When Dutch sees my tutorial he's gonna quaking in his boots....maybe not

Everyone has double glazing now so he's probably not getting any anymore. He should consider maybe looking into blind installation. That way he could test out the product....cue music
cue leading lines
KNOCK KNOCK: "Who is it ? , I am bathing in here
"IT'S THE BLIND MAN !"
"Oh silly me , no problem , come right in"
DOOR OPENS
"Where do you want them fitting
CUE MUSIC" BUM CHICKA WOW WOW"

I nearly made some hash lol. It got late in the end so I fell asleep. We'll try that one again later

That would be even more lazy than my cloning tutorial. Snap branch. Good night

Welcome Sunny. Lol. Dont worry, you'll fit in just fine. I'm sure we'll have plenty more stoner errors. As long as I dont leave a red light on in my tent again we should be good lol.

Hey Lew. Both Crumbled Limes are killing it. They're both very similar but one is shorter with crazy side growth and the other is taller with nicer flower formations beginning to develop. I think it will come down to flavour and effect for those if I'm to keep one.
To be honest I haven't given them a good sniff so i dont know what they're like yet. Theyre not hanging around though and have flowers forming.

Hey GG. Yep, i thought id try and be different again. So far there hasn't been a single noticeable problem. I just dump the water in the tray and the plants suck it up over the course of about 12 hours. I do that every day and it only takes 10 minutes to mix up a batch and water the plants. I can see salts building up but most of the plants dont even have any tip burn.
Very positive. I didnt think MC built salts though. I am sure i remember a conversation with Emilya about wicking a while back on her old thread. Be good to see it in action. Supercropping is the new black this season it seems. We are all on it again. lol. I made a diy lid for the tanks that i cant attach to so have been snapping necks from early veg. Thankfully has worked out well and given a good filled room with only a few lower than the main canopy. love seeing the stretching tips heading through now though.

Back
Top Bottom