Prof's Lab: Diary Of A Bedroom Farmer

Hey 420. Classically late as usual but today there is good news and some not too bad news. The good news is that the rest of the regular strains are all female so my tent wont look too desolate after all. Some more good news is that the Purple Gorilla Auto has popped up and looks good but the bad news is that the White Widow has also popped up but doesn't look good. Both were planted at the same time and both broke ground at the same time. The PG looks like any seedling should but the WW was all pale and deformed looking. I left it alone for the day while it woke up but it looks all weak and generally bad. The colour did change to green but it doesn't look like it will make it. Question is was it my compost or was it a bad seed? if it was a bad seed then its my first from Dinafem. The Auto looks good and that is also in my freshly made compost so maybe we wont ever know. I decided to plant another fem in a pot so we can try again. We have gone with another Dinafem strain and this time its a Blueberry Cookies.

Here is the auto. It is very early yet but I'm happy to see this little seeding....
WIN_20200409_17_29_18_Pro.jpg
WIN_20200409_17_30_11_Pro.jpg

I was looking forward to a bit of Widow. I haven't had any for a little while so I got my expectations up. Oh well. Blueberry Cookies doesn't sound too bad. I'm just going to leave this one to do its thing but i doubt it will grow....
WIN_20200409_17_30_30_Pro.jpg
WIN_20200409_17_31_18_Pro.jpg

Fun fun fun!
The big anaerobic slop of meat, veg and just about anything else that was available.
just water the auto using fermented plant juice which I have been preparing over the last couple of months
a bucket of weeds, compost and selected kitchen waste like banana peels and egg shells sat in the most putrid water you can imagine. It looks ok but then you disturb the surface. It smells similar to the rotting meat that the compost contained.
You are definitely not winning NOTY (Neighbor) any time soon Professor. Like living next door to an abattoir!
Damn you autocorrect!
LOL!
was it my compost or was it a bad seed?
That one probably immediately hit the pork loin.

Fun fun fun!

You are definitely not winning NOTY (Neighbor) any time soon Professor. Like living next door to an abattoir!

LOL!

That one probably immediately hit the pork loin.
Lol! Yesterday I was asked politely by my neighbour if I could move the 2 compost bins to the other side of the garden. I told him that there will only be a slight smell. There is no way I'm moving them now. They're in full swing.

I'm glad you stopped by as you have outdoor experience. Is it ok to put seedlings outdoors straight away or should they be hardened off like other plants? I took the auto outdoors a couple of times today but the sun felt very hot and bright and it didn't seem right so I brought it in and put it in the window.

The auto looks good still....
WIN_20200410_17_26_41_Pro.jpg
WIN_20200410_17_26_54_Pro.jpg

The White Widow isn't dead yet and has somehow gain a friend. I think its a chilli (jalapeño) as I was using the coco for starting chillies a few weeks ago....
WIN_20200410_17_25_29_Pro.jpg
WIN_20200410_17_25_45_Pro.jpg

Well I guess I can hang my gloves up for the day. It's all been taken care of :rofl:
Yep. Time to go sort out the real issues
Found the Easter Bunny for ya Prof.
lol I completely forgot it was Easter. I even have chocolate eggs turning up in random places and it still wasn't enough. That bunny woke up on the wrong side of the bed or has just finished watching Watership Down (movie Shed).

It's time to come in as the sun is setting and there is a chill in the air. The auto can still live indoors at night for a little while I guess. There are no slugs in here. Time to go and check out what is happening in the bedroom....Laundry and ganja of course!
Over the last couple of weeks we have had a some really nice weather which has given me a chance to see how hot it might get in the grow room with it running at full power which is only 400w. The highest that the temp got to was 25C which was in the 60cm x 120cm tent. So far we're good on that front. The humidity is also good at the moment even with trays of water sitting in all 3 tents. It rarely goes above 60% at lights on.
The bonsai mother plants are going to need another chop soon so we will see about getting a round of clones going. They look good and are growing well each day.
The flowering plants in coco are on day 19 of flower and will be coming to the end of the stretch soon. It looks like a proper mess in there at the moment but we will get them trimmed up and bent into position using bamboo canes as support. The pots that these plants are in have those handy little loops on the corners for stakes and I have a bamboo problem so we will combine those two factors.
The Barneys grow in the 60cm x 80cm tent is on flowering day 29 and is providing me with nothing to do other than add water every 4 days. It is currently set on autopilot which is something I'm really not complaining about. It feels strange flowering with just 100w though. The feeling is a mix of distrust and curiosity lol. Well, were going to see how such a low wattage performs firstly like this and then again with a normal grow. I'm not expecting mega nugs but I'd like some high quality.
Having the grow room back in the bedroom isn't so bad. It will be great for heat in the winter and makes taking pics of roots at 3am easier.

Here is the quite busy lookng cupboard today....
WIN_20200410_19_22_28_Pro.jpg
WIN_20200410_19_22_53_Pro.jpg

The veg tent....
WIN_20200410_19_23_05_Pro.jpg

The Barneys Tent....
WIN_20200410_19_23_36_Pro.jpg

The coco grow....
WIN_20200410_19_15_33_Pro.jpg

I removed the chilli plant from White Widow seedlings pot last night and when I checked on them this morning there was another this time in the autos pot....

No chilli....
WIN_20200411_11_57_30_Pro.jpg

WIN_20200411_11_57_41_Pro.jpg

Yes chilli....
WIN_20200411_11_57_50_Pro.jpg
WIN_20200411_11_58_04_Pro.jpg

Today they are going under God's sun in full....
WIN_20200411_11_58_17_Pro.jpg
WIN_20200411_11_59_11_Pro.jpg

Meanwhile back in the window....
WIN_20200411_11_59_36_Pro.jpg

The Tropicanna Banana cuttings are still alive but no roots yet. Its difficult to see what is going on as I used dark glass this time so the roots wouldn't be exposed to bright light. Next time I will use a straight jar as well. This is a Marmite jar because I'm British. It looks nice but is impractical for checking clones both visually and physically.....
WIN_20200411_12_00_03_Pro.jpg

Tropicanna Banana Cuttings Special....

I seem to have made a stoner error. Turns out that all 3 of the TB cuttings which are being rooted in just a glass of water have roots. When I say roots I mean the little white bumps and not full blown roots but they are definitely developing. That is why I missed them. If this works then surely this is the best way to clone. There really is no messing around and its easy as can be. I can't make clams like that though without first trying some other strain and also getting these into some pots. They do look good though and I think that by this time next week they could be done. I don't have any pics of them now but will do first thing in the morning or maybe later if the misses falls asleep lol.
Happy growing everyone.
:passitleft:

Congrats on the root bumps! Don't show the missus ;).

When I was growing up we were taught that if you plant a pig you get pig sprouts. Cultural differences I guess.

Here's one for ya. The Blueberry Cookies.....Hold on a second. That's another chilli!....
WIN_20200412_09_02_44_Pro.jpg

I won't tell the missus about the root until there is something to show her....
WIN_20200412_09_04_30_Pro.jpg

I managed to get my bald noggin in this pic....
WIN_20200412_09_05_04_Pro.jpg

Pre roots....
WIN_20200412_09_06_31_Pro.jpg
WIN_20200412_09_07_09_Pro.jpg

Back
Top Bottom