Pterostychus: The Never Ending Story, Now Jack Herer

Thats a big girl PT, she is looking really nice. Is she from Sensi? I have had great luck with their gear.
hell yeah she a sensi seeds product ... but as you will see on a bit she is starting to worry me .... she litterally starts to fill up the entire tent she is standing 4ft high atm and has about a foot left (25cm) to the ceiling

so here she is at day 60 from seed day 5 in flower

hell yeah she a sensi seeds product ... but as you will see on a bit she is starting to worry me .... she litterally starts to fill up the entire tent she is standing 4ft high atm and has about a foot left (25cm) to the ceiling

Sounds like my kind of plant. I have a few in my tent standing 6 feet tall right now. Gotta love a big girl right!!!

Sounds like my kind of plant. I have a few in my tent standing 6 feet tall right now. Gotta love a big girl right!!!
yeah my buddy is pushing me to supercrop her ... but i dunno if its a good time to do that ... any advice ...? she probably will grow for another week ... shes grown from 112cm to 125cm in two days ... thats 2 inch a day
also my humidity is a bit high at the moment when i came home it sat at 81% yesterday it was like 75% i need to ventilate the area better my filter doesnt blow to outside

You don't need to worry about that humidity yet. Its actually probably part of her rapid growth. Think of the stretch as veg on steroids so anything they like in veg, they will love even more in the stretch. So higher humidity levels are actually very good in early flower. Just keep the air flow going strong and you will be fine.

Super crop.....you can do it whenever really. The plant doesn't seem to miss a beat whenever I do it. Just go slow...roll the stem area back and forth to soften it up before you start trying to bend. Take your time, don't rush and you will be fine. Even if you snap it....have some electrical tape near by and just tape the stem back immediately and you will be fine (I have done it at least a half dozen times and the branch barely misses a beat). One trick if you do break it, is to squeeze raw alow gel on the break if you have any aloe plants in your house. You can use clonex gel as well if you have some. They help speed the healing, but even with nothing they will be fine if you do it quickly (within a minute or two....don't let the exposed breaks remain open to air for long). I just broke one of the Tangie Ghost train branches a couple weeks back and I slapped on electric tape, no aloe or clonex close enough to use, bound her up immediately and her bud are the same size as the ones I didn't break.

I always recommend to people that they should experiment and test their plants and see what they are really capable of handling. Often we treat them like they are fragile eggs where one or two degrees below 70 degrees F is going to be catastrophic, or other similarly comical beliefs....when really I often find the opposite to be true. I shake the shit out of my plants, it strengthens them up. I let my plants dry out in veg til they start drooping, stimulates stronger root systems (be careful not to let them get too dry though). I bend and twist my branches where I want them to go. I tie them down and do whatever I can to push them (bend branches back and forth and do it often enough it will build up knuckles to strengthen it where I want it stronger) to help them hopefully hold up bigger buds. By testing the plants, you find what way you prefer to grow. I love veg because I am always hands on in veg. Once they flower, I just pretty much let them go and its water only.....fun to look at but not much fun as a grower in my mind. Its one of the reasons we switched to a perpetual.

I know not everyone likes to do these things their plants and prefer a more natural approach to growing. Nothing at all wrong with that! I always say, grow how YOU want to grow, not how someone else tells you should. There is no right or wrong way as long as it gets you to the finish line.

Not sure if you saw Grampa Token's plant that got attacked by a deer, but that kind of supports my theory that often times stressing them will stimulate a survival urge native to most all living plants or animals and it will grow stronger and sometimes faster. Its being careful not to cross that line that is tricky....but you only learn that by testing them and yourself! Its fun, give it a try sometime. I find that if you have a strong grower, you likely have a plant that will respond very well to most any kind of training or stress.

You don't need to worry about that humidity yet. Its actually probably part of her rapid growth. Think of the stretch as veg on steroids so anything they like in veg, they will love even more in the stretch. So higher humidity levels are actually very good in early flower. Just keep the air flow going strong and you will be fine.

Super crop.....you can do it whenever really. The plant doesn't seem to miss a beat whenever I do it. Just go slow...roll the stem area back and forth to soften it up before you start trying to bend. Take your time, don't rush and you will be fine. Even if you snap it....have some electrical tape near by and just tape the stem back immediately and you will be fine (I have done it at least a half dozen times and the branch barely misses a beat). One trick if you do break it, is to squeeze raw alow gel on the break if you have any aloe plants in your house. You can use clonex gel as well if you have some. They help speed the healing, but even with nothing they will be fine if you do it quickly (within a minute or two....don't let the exposed breaks remain open to air for long). I just broke one of the Tangie Ghost train branches a couple weeks back and I slapped on electric tape, no aloe or clonex close enough to use, bound her up immediately and her bud are the same size as the ones I didn't break.

I always recommend to people that they should experiment and test their plants and see what they are really capable of handling. Often we treat them like they are fragile eggs where one or two degrees below 70 degrees F is going to be catastrophic, or other similarly comical beliefs....when really I often find the opposite to be true. I shake the shit out of my plants, it strengthens them up. I let my plants dry out in veg til they start drooping, stimulates stronger root systems (be careful not to let them get too dry though). I bend and twist my branches where I want them to go. I tie them down and do whatever I can to push them (bend branches back and forth and do it often enough it will build up knuckles to strengthen it where I want it stronger) to help them hopefully hold up bigger buds. By testing the plants, you find what way you prefer to grow. I love veg because I am always hands on in veg. Once they flower, I just pretty much let them go and its water only.....fun to look at but not much fun as a grower in my mind. Its one of the reasons we switched to a perpetual.

I know not everyone likes to do these things their plants and prefer a more natural approach to growing. Nothing at all wrong with that! I always say, grow how YOU want to grow, not how someone else tells you should. There is no right or wrong way as long as it gets you to the finish line.

Not sure if you saw Grampa Token's plant that got attacked by a deer, but that kind of supports my theory that often times stressing them will stimulate a survival urge native to most all living plants or animals and it will grow stronger and sometimes faster. Its being careful not to cross that line that is tricky....but you only learn that by testing them and yourself! Its fun, give it a try sometime. I find that if you have a strong grower, you likely have a plant that will respond very well to most any kind of training or stress.
Dude... you sound like me in the garden... feels good to know I share philosophys with one of the masters.
I agree dont be scared to get in there and beat em about lol. I accidentally broke the main stem on my GSCrack at like day 8 from seed and bandaged her up. Didnt skip a beat and it actually caused her to hulk the F out.... I then also accidentally snapped one of her 4 branches when i was quadlining. She is head and shoulders above the other 2 that were planted at the same time. Obviously im not condoning being a doofus just saying that all the damage i did cause being a doofus did in fact make her stronger lol

I have a clone of the BCP going that I dropped my cell phone on when she was just a few days into her pot after rooting. It snapped her in two places....not sure how.... and in opposite directions, but it I managed it. I didn't even tape her. I got a bambo skewer and stuck it in so that it was propping both snaps up in opposite directions at the same time. Never gave her a chance in hell of making it. But I firmly believe in giving everything a fighting chance. So I left it there and even after hitting that bambo skewer with my hand a few times and rebreaking it open several times, it managed to heal and grow. She is getting close to being ready to be flipped. She is growing like crazy now. Took her forever to really start aggressively growing but she is hitting her stride now. LOL but the funny thing is if you look at her next to her other clone (that just got up potted to a 10 gallon and that will be getting flipped as soon as I have the light mover installed) you can definitely see difference and where she was stunted by having to rebuild her.

I have a clone of the BCP going that I dropped my cell phone on when she was just a few days into her pot after rooting. It snapped her in two places....not sure how.... and in opposite directions, but it I managed it. I didn't even tape her. I got a bambo skewer and stuck it in so that it was propping both snaps up in opposite directions at the same time. Never gave her a chance in hell of making it. But I firmly believe in giving everything a fighting chance. So I left it there and even after hitting that bambo skewer with my hand a few times and rebreaking it open several times, it managed to heal and grow. She is getting close to being ready to be flipped. She is growing like crazy now. Took her forever to really start aggressively growing but she is hitting her stride now. LOL but the funny thing is if you look at her next to her other clone (that just got up potted to a 10 gallon and that will be getting flipped as soon as I have the light mover installed) you can definitely see difference and where she was stunted by having to rebuild her.
Damm! Sounds like it got straight up flattened lol. These plants are stupendously resilient man. I agree with you in regards to temps and stuff aswell. Yer in veg they like it warmer and will slow if the temps drop tooo much but in flower my night temps were getting down to like 8-10C (sometimes) didnt slow em an inch. Probably coulda ended up with a bigger yield but im happy as larry with the quality, denseness,frost and the temps have helped me find super colourful phenos in strains i wasnt expecting to find em in.

Thats a damn beautiful plant man. Is that the shiva auto in ya title? @Smeegol got some beautiful shivas growing at the moment too. Beautiful bit of smoke. Last i had it was about 12 years ago in amsterdam.. i needa go back lol

I wouldn't supercrop an auto in flower personally. Tie the top and the tallest branches off to the side. It's going to be leaning eventually, might as well do it now!
Ahhh i would personally but thats me. but ya right with autoflowers to be cautious cuz

I remember when you supposedly couldn't transplant or top an auto too........ :hmmmm:.....or supposedly anyways. Only one way to find out right? I know I would try super cropping one and see how it reacts. I will say this.....every plant I have grown has reacted differently to different training techniques.

Thats a damn beautiful plant man. Is that the shiva auto in ya title? @Smeegol got some beautiful shivas growing at the moment too. Beautiful bit of smoke. Last i had it was about 12 years ago in amsterdam.. i needa go back lol
i am really curious what this plant will taste like it will probably be a reminder to my prime years (16-21)
thats why i got this strain and also a white widow from dinafem to chase the aromas of the old days

I remember when you supposedly couldn't transplant or top an auto too........ :hmmmm:.....or supposedly anyways. Only one way to find out right? I know I would try super cropping one and see how it reacts. I will say this.....every plant I have grown has reacted differently to different training techniques.
i think if i am carefull and not break the stem she whould be fine if i supercrop her ... will look into that option tomorrow when im more sober hehe

Yeah I was forced to make a decision tonight as well. My ATF hit the top of the 84" tent fully tonight. I thought about super cropping her but I decided to break out a pipe cleaner and bend the top over. Not sure how much time this will buy me but I should get a few days out it.

Good morning mr.PT I had some Shiva smokeable last year and throughly enjoyed so kept the cpl seeds I found and popped them, and I'm super happy with the way they have turned out. Hope you don't mind if I share a pic with you...

Back
Top Bottom