Pukingpanda's First Grow - Soil - Black Jerry 2014

Re: Pukingpanda's First Grow - Soi l - Black Jerry 2014

I've been reading in a few books I have, thank you boulder book shop, and it seems like a few of these suggest feed, feed, flush others say feed every time(using less nutes then a feed once every other time deal) in longer veg states with a good water flush before flower works well. Got four hours to decide.

Water this time food the next two times then water then hopefully flower if not I'll do one more feed/flush before flower.

Watered everyone and spaced on taking headshots when I was cleaning the pans. Still don't have a good way of dealing with runoff so now I basically water 4 at a time in one pan move them to saucers then water the other four in the same large pan clean one large pan and then rotate them all. Leaves me with one tray with all the runoff but then I'm stuck using a solo cup to bail the tray out till I can pick it up and dump it. Not the best system. The flowering tent will have a drain built in.

Also I bought some pots for my next veg cycle. Going with two gallons for veg then not sure if I will stick with the 7 or go to 5 or 3 gallon for flower next time. I can fit 2-4 2 gallon pots in the pace of the 7 gallons. So full on I could do 24-32 plants at once just would do like a two week veg on them. Feel free to ramble ideas with me friends. I'm also considering keeping one of the two really bushy unknown girls in veg as a mom to provide my next crop..... However what if the strain stinks.... These are the questions that keep me up at night. It so far is proving to probably be a good indoor plant maybe Indica with how bushy they are.

Hey panda for draining I find an easy thing to do is use a small siphon style pump from an auto parts or hardware store. I grabbed one for $8 and it has 2 hoses, one for in and one for out. Put the out hose in a bucket and the in hose in the runoff and pump by hand really quick. Cleans up nicely. Just a suggestion. Another thing I used was a 100ml plunger and a turkey baster and I know some people use a wet and dry vac but that is expensive. Pump is the best for me especially if you use saucers to catch the runoff.

Nice yeah I was thinking of what to use and that pump idea sounds like the right idea. Hopefully replacing the crappy plastic bin with something better before I water next weekend. I would like wake up in the middle of the night and check on it to make sure it hadn't burst

Awwwwwww snap. Got my tax return. Ordering two 900watt led panels from top led later today or tomorrow. About to hit the store so I might be posting an update later with some new toys! Stay tuned! As always thanks for stopping by!

Sweet new lights :thumb:

With regards to feed every time water, what I am doing now is every time I water I make a good pHed to about 6-4-6.6 feed solution out of a gallon of water. Then using an 8 oz Coke bottle I give about a bottle or 2 to each plant, less to those known to be sensitive like the Brainstorm I growing. Then each plant gets their str8 RO water till they drain a little. Seems to be doing the trick so far. I think a big factor is the type of nutes one uses too.

Sweet new lights :thumb:

With regards to feed every time water, what I am doing now is every time I water I make a good pHed to about 6-4-6.6 feed solution out of a gallon of water. Then using an 8 oz Coke bottle I give about a bottle or 2 to each plant, less to those known to be sensitive like the Brainstorm I growing. Then each plant gets their str8 RO water till they drain a little. Seems to be doing the trick so far. I think a big factor is the type of nutes one uses too.

Thanks! I can't wait to get them. How long did it take for yours to show up after you ordered it?

Also PICTURE TIME FRIENDS!
Here we have my new watering tank. No more worrying about the old, busted one breaking. :surf:
butally_awesome_h2o.JPG

My trusty bottle collection full of nice healthy plant food. :morenutes:

next feed will be 4ml a gal of the flora nova full strength cal mag(idk what that is off the top of my head) and 1ml per 2 gal of the yellow bottle
nutes50.JPG

Trying this little guy to deal with my run off easily. Used it a little already and it impressed my for only 20 bucks
new_runoff_handler.JPG

Also took my tiny t5 out of the closet because it wasn't doing much. I found the perfect little plastic shelving unit and got after it with a knife and a strong pair of sheers and... :tommy:
ta-dahhhhh... cloner complete with sunk in dome and heating mat with about 1" between it and the bottom of the tray... really stoked on how this turned out.
cloner_cut_out.JPG

clone_dome.JPG

So I couldn't leave 2' of my veg room unlit so I picked up this bad boy as well
new_light5.JPG

it fits perfectly and cranks out the same pattern of light as my big one with its 8 frosty tubes.
wall_to_wall_coverage.JPG

So my veg room is about done I would say, I am going to probably keep one of the bushy unknown girls as a mother and just hope she puts out well when I harvest. I really like how even the canopy is coming out.

unknowns4.JPG

thanks as always!

Took ten clones off the really bushy unknown girl. It's my first try at cloning so let's see how it goes. The clone shelf is still pretty untested. I have a heavy drape over it to try and retain some heat in it. We will see how it goes!!

Everything looks great man

Here's a shot of my clones. So far nine out of ten have bounced back from the initial shock so not to bad for my first try so far. I am using the air stone in the clone dome to keep the humidity up and I'm not even misting or anything. Just fire and forget cloning. The temps get up to about 82-84 with the heating mat on at the hottest part of the day. Most of the time it sits between 70-80 degrees. Fed the big girls today and the little ones yesterday. On one of my days off this week I will finally get around to some more pictures.

image8853.jpg

Also I've ordered my lights from top led grow lights. Anyone remember about how long it took for their shipment to get to them?

Also I've ordered my lights from top led grow lights. Anyone remember about how long it took for their shipment to get to them?

Mine officially took 5 business days and that was coast to coast so that should be the most it would take from when it ships. Can't wait to see them! Mine were beautiful.

Back
Top Bottom