Purple Kush First Grow Ever - 400 Watt CFL Set Up

ghostdog24

Hi everyone im new on here . this site is awsom :thanks: sorry for my english my fist language is french .
i started my seeds a couple days ago . the genetic is purple kush . i germinated 5 seed only 3 of theme came out.
i planted theme in soil .
i wish i could post some pictures of my set up .

well finally found how to post some picture
IMG_94738.JPG
IMG_94738.JPG
IMG_94383.JPG
IMG_94656.JPG
IMG_94463.JPG
IMG_94363.JPG

Did all 5 eventually sprout or did you plant more?

hey whats up KD . no man the tow in the back are some seed that i found in some weed that decided to germinate and see if they are female.the 3 in the front are the purple kush ones from crop king seeds.

here some picture of my set up and my babies . day 10 . im struggling with the humidity i dont know what is the ideal at this stage ? please help
IMG_9486_1_.JPG
IMG_9488_1_.JPG
IMG_9489_1_.JPG
IMG_9485_1_.JPG
IMG_9483_1_1.JPG
IMG_94826.JPG
IMG_94778.JPG
IMG_9478_1_.JPG
IMG_948110.JPG

I run T5 High Output lights which are similar to CFL in many ways. My understanding is you want to keep those lights as close to the girls as possible when they are growing.

As they have just sprouted it's ok to keep the lights 18" away but you want to eventually move the light closer to the seedlings so they don't stretch on you. But pay very close attention to temperature. You don't want it too hot. You can test it by putting you hand under the light where your seedlings are and if it's too hot for your hand after 30 seconds then it's too hot for the seedlings.

Lastly you asked about humidity. Cannabis can grow in humidity levels from 0-99%. It depends on the strain as well too. But in general at early stage you want to keep humidity up over 60%. You can get a humidifier or try to seal and mist the seedlings to keep humidity up.

Otherwise congrats on you seeds popping!

Sent from my iPhone using 420 Magazine Mobile App

I'm concerned about "light leaks" from the indicator/display light's on the equipment in my tent

I'm least concerned about the small red/orange light on the two power-strips or the digital display on the temperature controller due to the fact that light produced is RED (due to the fact that RED light is used in photo development rooms and also because if one is out Stargazing RED light doesn't impede Night Vision). I hope I'm right in thinking this way?

I'm more concerned about the green and blue indicator lights on the humidifier in my tent.

(EDIT...sorry this is my first post, maybe I should start a thread?)
(EDIT #2...but this place is SO HUGE that IDKWTB???)

I just used black duct tape to cover any lights on my equipment and you could hang a curtain in the door way or on the back of the doors maybe. I like those blackout curtains, or even some black trashbags would work. :thumb:

Sent from my SM-G935P using 420 Magazine Mobile App

tape over the number(s) that you NEED to be able to SEE ???

anyway, after some reading I'm still unsure, apparently RED spectrum's of light DO Effect the flowering stage (not sure if in a good or bad way) and I read that "interruptions" by green or blue light do not effect flowering, as much...

EDIT...2 weeks yet before I flower/flip the lights so still got some veg-time to figure out if the GP has an opinion on whether my light pollution is really gonna pollute or dilute?

I just used black duct tape to cover any lights on my equipment and you could hang a curtain in the door way or on the back of the doors maybe. I like those blackout curtains, or even some black trashbags would work. :thumb:

@ Demon...congrats, that was post # 420 (did you do that on purpose...lol?

tape over the number(s) that you NEED to be able to SEE ???

anyway, after some reading I'm still unsure, apparently RED spectrum's of light DO Effect the flowering stage (not sure if in a good or bad way) and I read that "interruptions" by green or blue light do not effect flowering, as much...

EDIT...2 weeks yet before I flower/flip the lights so still got some veg-time to figure out if the GP has an opinion on whether my light pollution is really gonna pollute or dilute?
All spectrums bother it at night except green...but that dont mean just a green bulb. There is certain kinds

Looking good...the only thing I suggest is.
If thats your only set up try to make sure there is no light leaks.
It looked to me like you can see rite through the slats on the door.
Unless you planning on running autos light leaks can equal hermies

ok i see man . other than hermies can it effect the plan negatively that i have a littil light leak ?

I bought some Panda Plastic on the cheap @ghostdog24, Look at Home Depot or Lowe's, etc...it won't take much to solve that issue for you bro

EDIT: Panda Plastic; white on one side black on the other, i.e.; it blocks light well
#2 add a fan at minimum or some sort of ventilation cause the plastic it will trap the light's heat in your grow space...which might nt be a bad thing if your in Sunny, but Frigid Colorado like UseM...lol?

@ Demon...congrats, that was post # 420 (did you do that on purpose...lol?
Lol no but i smoked a bong when i read that to celebrate. :passitleft:

If you need to look at them maybe you could tape a piece of cardboard like a flap. Just lift the cardboard to read it.

Back
Top Bottom