Purple OG Kush & Great White Shark - 2000 Watt - Soil - CO2

re: Purple OG Kush & Great White Shark--2000 Watt--Soil--CO2

computer still broken so this will be a short, photo less post. it sucks because i feel ive somewhat abandoned the journal but without a solid computer its near impossible to keep up like i was at first. nonetheless that shall be coming to an end soon so on to the update.

the girls are looking amazing. tomorrow is d-day +28 and its looking like d-day +35 will be the day to 12/12. i have set up another hood and will be tossing in a 1000 watt mh to split the girls into two and their final positions in the area. not sure if i mentioned before that a purple og didnt make the transfer from the 1 gallon bags to the 5 gallon buckets. anyways...come wake up time tomorrow 6 great whites will be under a 1000 watt mh in a roughly 5 x 4 space and 5 purple og's will be under their own 1000 watt mh in a 5 x 4 space as well. both spaces will have scrog screens going over them but that install will be dictated by this next week's grow period. now that i think of it d-day +42 may be a smarter day for 12/12 as to let them grow into the screen. then again who knows how crazy they are going to take off with their own lamp so we shall see

yo Rb, sucks bout the computer man. gotta get on that lol jk dont mean to chime in if its not welcome but just a word of advice on that scrog... from personal experience: when ur vegging the screen, dont let it fill in too much before switching to 12/12, u gotta get the timing/space management just right. or else the plants will "overflow" the screen and grow right through it if not managed throughout strecth. i didnt switch till the screen was 75% filled and that was a tad too late. by the time i got to week 3 flower the girls were growing right through and starting to take the screen up with it. other than that, hope all is well with u and yours. sure i speak for many when i say love to see some pics of ur ladies.

HaPpY GrOwN:roorrip:

good heads up sho. ive read that a plenty and was thinking less than 50% to flip em. great whites are rumored to triple in size and the purple og's are all branching out like crazy. most of which(pogk) are around 8-9 inches but are as wide as the 5 gallon pot. the great whites are around 12-13 inches and standing tall with some mind boggling branches. haven't seen many girls this stocky. anyways, thinking the scrog screen will be about 2 feet above the top of the pots but ill know a lot more the next 7 days when they are going to be jammed in the face with watts. if they go nuts these next 7 days ill swap out the bulbs to hps. if they gotta go another 1 or 2 weeks then so be it. rome wasn't built in a day

wow, after going through the pics in the journal you guys are gonna shit when i put up the updates. there is now great motivation to take some photos and post em up because of the insane growth since last posting. anticipation builder? you bet. i'm aiming for within 48 hours a blitzkrieg of photos

not the update i was hoping for but this will get us up to speed

04242011.JPG

first day of transplant into the 5 gallon buckets.

hydroton2.JPG

hydroton in the bottom of the buckets, 3-4 inches worth--enough to cover the holes and then allow some to spew out each watering.

05092011_001.JPG

one week after transplant

05062011.JPG

the runt kept growing up, so i knocked her down

05062011_003.JPG

day after, already peaking towards the sun

05142011.JPG

group shot on the 14th

05102011_008-001.JPG

"the runt" on the 10th

05182011_003-001.JPG

day after 2nd 1000 mh went in. they were damn thirsty and so im now on a watering on every 4th day with likely going to 3rd.

the purple og's are the front 4 and the runt..the back 5 on the one on the right are great whites. i topped the 2 og's on the right...one about 10 days ago and competing shoots are obvious. the other one i topped a couple days ago is the front right..she's takin a little time to recover. going to pop in the scrog screen friday and then its a waiting game to get a lil growth underneath it. it being i don't know what kind of stretch to expect im going to error on the side of the screen being too light than too heavy in regard to 12/12. this tuesday is d-day +42...we'll have to wait and see. im thinking even if there is barely anything growing into the screen i can train the first couple weeks into 12/12...i know not the ideal scrog but id just hate to jungle-ize the room by under estimated the stretch.

computer isnt fixed but im takin a risk on a llllloaner

:Namaste:

the last photo was taken tuesday.

how about that jump from april 24th to may 9th? photo said the transplant was the 2nd but it was the 24th. they were tiny in the 1 gallon bags and under the fluro's until then and 16 days in 5 gallon buckets and much more importantly, under a 1000w mh..they exploded. if there were ever an argument between fluoro's and mh..let those two pics be the evidence that flouro's may work but there can be no comparison between the two. lets take another look at those two...

04242011.JPG

April 24th--D-Day +12...1st Day of 1000 Watt...Prior all under flouro's

05092011_001.JPG

May 9th--D-Day +28--16 days under mh

85 in the day, 72 at night

the great whites have a leaner grow to them, being they got a good amount of sativa in em. they are still thick as all hell as are the og's, but stand a little more upright. each girl has shoots coming out all over the place..and every time one makes its way through the canopy i can't help but mumble goldblum's words in jurassic park..."life will find a way"

flushed the girls today with 6.8 water and foxfarm's sledgehammer. this grow has utilized the full line of fox farms as well as botanicare's cal/mag and their wonderful liquid karma. tuesday is 12/12...let the countdown begin

ive been wondering why the girls are all so short and stocky. the vast majority of pictures ive seen plants at this stage are taller and the branches are much further away. the girls being short and stocky is a great thing, as opposed to tall and lanky. i didnt understand why until just recently. it may not be the only reason but it does make sense..

having them in 1 gallon grow bags for 12 days gave them a serious root base. once transplanted to the 5 gallons those roots were no longer spread out, they were condensed into the new container. an explanation as to why this makes them do that wasnt given so ill conjur one up now...
having the roots close together and directly below the plant at transfer assured no roots were going without water. roots going without could often be the case when they are spread out in an entire 5 gallon container. if one end of a root was positioned somewhere that didn't get water then energy would be spent searching for water, instead of shooting upward to the plant for growth like we want.

your guess is as good as mine

Looking good rudy:bravo:
i hope your shark is better than what mine was like :) i grew in my last grow great white shark from green house seed company(are your beans feminised from green house ?) and i must say over all i was a bit disapointed in it i got feminised seeds wich turned hermie and the smoke wasnt what i thought it would be like ,i think i got caught up in the fact it has won a cannabis cup thats why i bought it and plus i dont like to buy all this new shit they say they can do auto flowering shit and feminised crap if you ask me they cant play god ;)

i do it the old way buy normal seeds grow the seed get a female take clones etc etc green house say there seeds dont turn hermie i rang them up got into a big fight they said they would send me some more i said no thanks any feminised seed can turn hermie its in the trait thats how there made you can get feminised seeds that when bread right should have about 1% or somthing chance to turn male but how do you know ? you dont thats the problem your just taking there word for it ,like medical seed company i bought 1 feminised hammerhead wich im growing now and it has no hermies so you can get lucky cause thats all it is most of the time unless your bread the strain your self!

anyway mate :goodluck: i hope yours turns out better than my shark did .

Rudy,

Stretching is usually caused by a few factors as far as I can tell. 1) The pH wasn't consistent and/or in the right area. 2) The plants got root-bound. 3) The lights were too far away.

It seems to me that you are on point with your grow..your pH has been at perfect levels so far, your plants didnt get root-bound, and your lights are not too far away. (Or too close as far as I can tell). 1000w are strong..a good way to test if its too close it place your hand on top of your plants, palm down. Hold your hand there for 5 seconds or so...if if you can take the heat without any discomfort then your good.

Good Job ;)

oz--these great whites are from clone so are all feminized and have been through many generations so these pheno's were promised to be spot on, and so far they have. how many did you grow? if just one or two that's not fair to bash the lot of em...i think what they do in this environmet will be a very good gauge for what the strain is capable of.

thanks for the reinforcement rekeles...however it's 2000 watts shinin down, both air cooled so these lights are as close as they can be.

rekeles--ive also heard the light being too far away is cause for stretching, because they dont have enough light and they are crying for more. however, for the first week or so of the 1000w i obv had the light too far away. i know this because i moved it down a solid 18inches, to where it is now for a rough 24" clearance and they took off. they took off at first with the 1000 w but their rate of growth slowed after 5 or 6 days. at this time i started the setup of the 2nd mh, but before i screwed the bulb in i moved the first lamp down a bunch and every night for a week there was substanital growth. once they started overcrowding each other in the 4 x 4 area that is when I added the second light. all that rambling my point is that a 1000 watt can be a solid 4 feet away and still have a great impact on plants at first..but as they grow larger they can of course handle more so to move the light down is productive. i wonder if the light being far away caused them to grow shorter..juxtapose that with the root theory and we've got a winning combination. well..that combination's results are yet to be seen but i feel good about it.

Back
Top Bottom